bigway

Help with boogie trip

There is a group of us off to the WFFC, We have paid around $1100-$1300US dollars per person for the return flights. 2 of us have not paid yet but have tickets confirmed.

The WFFC was always a dream to go to and now without the vendors and the demo gear, the helicopter jumps and the numbers of skydivers it seems very dissapointing.

Do not get me wrong, if i lived in America it would be a great party but paying $1300us to go and drink every night and have hangovers, well that could be done in my backyard or in london.

However if it does turn out to be awesome that is good.

I would like some people to give us advice on what to do for the money we are spending. Should we go to the WFFC, is it worth that sort of money? (bear in mind we need to leave the UK and go somewhere anyway).
I went to Eloy xmas boogie and for the money i am spending this time and the expensive jump tickets i was expecting the WFFC to be at least 3 times as good than eloy boogie.

If you say we should not go to the WFFC, where else could we go, do lots of freeflying and have the time of our lives? We have our holidays from the 18th july forward.....

Is their any exotic boogies?
Something important to me on this boogie is the jumpships and the numbers of skydivers at the places on any given day.

I would really like some advice on what we should be doing, i am not tight on money just would be really dissapointed on spending this amount on plane tickets just to wait for the evenings to get pissed.

I would really like to learn the Birdman suit and maybe even purchase one as well as an Icarus reserve. I would like to do some big way tube and tracking dives. Yes would also like a good night getting pissed and would like to meet a shit load of people.

The most important thing is the vibe.

please give some advice, as we are all looking at spending no less than $2500US dollars on jumps each and $1300 on ticket but want to know we went to the best place to do it.

Thanks.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

You want "exotic," come to Lost Prairie. No, Montana is not exotic in the traditional sense of the word, but it is far, far different from anything you have in the UK in terms of climate, natural scenery, and outdoor adventure options. Montana's an unspoiled wilderness for the most part, still ... it's the old west, still in existence today.

Yes, it'll be a pain in the ass to get there. But once you get there, no only do you have a great boogie, you'll also have the opportunity to go to one of the U.S.'s most impressive (and less crowded) national parks, Glacier National Park.

I have no idea how it compares to the WFFC because I've never been to WFFC. It's about the same size as the Eloy Boogie, I believe, both in terms of the number of jumpers and the number of vendors. I don't believe there's any "exotic" aircraft; if it's the same as last year there will be a Skyvan, Otter, and King Air there.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Summefest gets my vote. Very awesome freeflying there. I think you'll have a good time. Not sure about the wingsuit stuff though. Since i'm at work right now, i don't have a lot of time to explain how awesome summerfest is, but i'll give more details later.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

$2500US dollars on jumps each

You're planning on 17 jumps per day at Rantoul? $21 each, average 7 jumping day with travel and weather.... Its doable I guess, but thats hardcore jumping considering the lates nights you may have!
Remster

Summefest gets my vote. Very awesome freeflying there. I think you'll have a good time. Not sure about the wingsuit stuff though. Since i'm at work right now, i don't have a lot of time to explain how awesome summerfest is, but i'll give more details later.

I totally agree with you here. Great vibe there, great jumps, great organizers, great facilities, great aircraft, great after dark fun, registration fee is not high, I believe they do some seminars at night. Not sure about wingsuits either, I don't think details are posted yet. I like the WFFC, but i LOVE SummerFest!! :D If I could only goto one, I would goto SummerFest

Over the years, I've read threads from a lot of people who were happy with Summerfest. There's supposedly a good vibe and the facilities are supposed to be great. With Missy and Rook Nelson running the place, I'm sure you'd be able to find some freefliers to jump with too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Something important to me on this boogie is the jumpships and the numbers of skydivers at the places on any given day.

You won't find the number and variety of aircraft that are available at WFFC at many other places - biplane, glider, balloons, CASA's, Otters, Skyvans, King Air... oh, and did they mention the jet? I doubt you'll wait more than 15 minutes to get on an airplane.

Even if "only" 1000 jumpers show up for WFFC (and with the jet being a very good possibility I'd expect more than 1000 jumpers will be there), you won't find 1000+ jumpers at any other boogie that I know of.

If demo gear is very important to you and the manufacturers you are interested in aren't going to be there, contact them and arrange to have demos sent to you at the boogie.

Depending on how long you'll be in the states, imho the biggest bang for your buck would be to do both WFFC and Summerfest.

Depending on how long you'll be in the states, imho the biggest bang for your buck would be to do both WFFC and Summerfest

This is under consideration.

I really want to go to the WFFC, just so i know that i have gone. I know i will have a good time but from my years of posting on dropzone.com and seeing the excitment of this event, i now this year am not feeling a great vibe about it.
I know nothing of Summerfest and every site i have looked on is not giving any details as to jump prices, aircraft etc...

You are right on the aircraft there is to jump at the WFFC. That and the good times in the evenings is a huge appeal. It is just i had high expectations to speak to manufacturers reps as we do not really get that chance in New Zealand or the UK. So that was an even bigger appeal.

The worlds largest boogie, it kind of made me think we could demo things and talk to the people responsible after each demo.

Without the vendors it is a turn off but then again, the Jet is a turn on as is the other aircrafts.

Do not get me wrong, i am looking forward to it, just worried that spending so much, getting there and seeing it not to expectation would be a big downer.

There is nobody out there posting and getting the vibe amped up for the WFFC, that is a concern.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Don't forget about Skyfest bro.

FFing? Uh, Trent and the world champs have a crapload of the top FFers coming in to work on a HD record. What do you think they'll be doing when they're done with that or not doing that?

the Jet is a turn on

Just like the jet was promised last year and the year before and the year before? Ask the people from those 3 years the jet was promised how cool their jet jumps were.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have to mirror Krisanne.

LP all the way!!!!

SHHHHHHHHH arent there enough Canadians( furiners) there for you.....remember now the beer is warm.. the weather is sucky..... the jumps are horrible.... and there are too dayum many Canadians at Lost Prairie.

I would like to go to Skyfest. Just the dates do not work with my partner.
I would like to go to skyfest, wffc and then summerfest, however money is a diferent story.

It is actually PERRIS who is advertising the jet being there over here in the UK.

There is alot of people on the forums plugging skyfest and summerfest, though the only people really giving WFFC the thumbs ups seems to be the people who organise it.
I like those people so do also listen to them, would just be nice to have others say nice things about it.

I would really like to see the Summerfest schedule if anyone knows it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Is there anybody there going to the WFFC and then on to Summerfest??
We would be looking for a ride of three of us. I need to figure out what we are doing as we need to purchase the last of our tickets this week.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

LP all the way!!!!

SHHHHHHHHH arent there enough Canadians( furiners) there for you.....remember now the beer is warm.. the weather is sucky..... the jumps are horrible.... and there are too dayum many Canadians at Lost Prairie.

Um, Amazon ... that should read the weather is terrible, the skydives suck, the beer is warm and there are too many damn Canadians ... sheesh ... you think by now you'd get that right!

;)

'Shell
'Shell

LP all the way!!!!

Um, Amazon ... that should read the weather is terrible, the skydives suck, the beer is warm and there are too many damn Canadians ... sheesh ... you think by now you'd get that right!

;)

'Shell

When's LP this year? B|
Remster

IMO, after having travel all over the United States for boogies, and jumping at a NUMBER of different DZs, the vibe of a place is what you make it.

Yes, the numbers are down for WFFC, and IMO it's because you can go to your local DZ and jump out of an Otter or SkyVan.

I won't be attend WFFC this year due to health issues, and it will be the first year that I've missed in a long time. I'll miss all the people I always jump with and the people that I only get to see once a year.

My vote is for you to stop getting all stressed about WFFC, and put all those negative vibes you've heard away. Go, have fun and create your own memories.

All of the load organizers are a kick, and you'll learn more on one jump with them. The night live is what you make it. You can hang out and get drink if that's your game plan, or you can drink water or pop in the evenings and watch people make a fool of themselves.

You'll be camped out and able to wake up to the sound of "Some Where Over the Rainbow" every morning, and then hear the good ole "Good Morning Rantoul" over the announcement speakers.

I've always had a great time where ever I've gone, and it's because I was in control of how I viewed my experience.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I appreciate what you are saying.

This boogie is more about going to the states and being blown away so i can bring something back to other dz's.

I would like to see the vibe in place. I am sure it will be.
However, a big part has been lost by not being able to demo gear. Can you tell me if the PIA is held at a dropzone?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store