ntrprnr

Ever been so close to saying "fuck it,"

I thought about it too....only I haven't been working long enough to say that yet. But I've done it with school several times...but figured it would be worth it to graduate next May...

And yeah, no cats, but I'd take my Python with me :P
His name is slider...
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Quitting your job (or in my case, terminating all my clients,) packing the car and the cats, and just blowing out of town, with no idea where you're going or when you might (if ever) come back?

FYI, I just did that,but I knew where I was going.;)..........I didn't have a cat when I left, but when I ws unloading the car last-night I found one in there:S:o
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Selling everything, buying a nice RV and just hitting the road? Yup, it's crossed my mind several hundred times recently. Only problem is that I' m not sure I have the guts to do it alone. It would be easier if I had someone to go with me. Anybody want to cut away? :)

Every day. I'd do it if it weren't for being only 278 shifts away from retirement.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Work in the skydiving "industry" and the thought will frequently cross your mind. :S

I thought that's where all the people that SAID "Fuck It" ended UP!;)

I've got a friend who just went to work in the skydiving manufacturing industry, and thats pretty much how he summed it up;);):P:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Yup, matter of fact I said the same thing 2 days ago to a good friend of mine. I said it to myself again last night when leaving the office at 9 pm. I'll probably say it again tonight when I leave late - and for the next 2 weeks when I won't see the sun set. :P

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Okay...my "Fuck It" epiphany story~:)

I was working in the marketing department for a fortune 500 company after college.

A 'rising star' so to speak in all the preconceived formula programing we get...I'd doubled my salary, went from a cubical to an office and was obviously being groomed for an upper management position, all in under two years.

Anyone that really 'knew' me was buying stock in sandpaper...since I must have been cornering the market with all the work I was doing to get this square peg into that round hole.:S

A few people from the department were invited to a dinner party at the managers home to celebrate the successful conclusion to a major project that I was an instrumental player in completing.

The boss took me aside and said everyone was very pleased with my performance, and that he, "really liked my way of thinking".:$

Told me that if I keep playin' the game right...my 'next move' would be to the office next to his...
"...one with a WINDOW!":o

"My way of thinking....":|

I gave the mandatory 'strong handshake', thanked him graciously... all the while knowing that the 'real' me just wanted to fuck his daughter and steal his dog..............or 'vice versa':ph34r:

Driving back to my apartment the only 'clear' thought I could muster was Fuck T H I S !

Packed everything important I could into a two seat Triumph and hit the interstate by midnight....food in the fridge, clothes in the closet, lights left on and door unlocked....never looked back!

About a year and a half later...I'm a S/L instructor at a little dz in 'Nowheresville' Kansas...bar tending at a college dive hangout. Off the radar..living with a waitress at the bar. Hadn't spoken a word to my family, now ex-fiance, old circle of friends...since the day I left Chicago.:S

I came into work one morning and my waitress 'GF' is standing at the register looking white.
She said 'some guy' was just in here and gave me a package to give to you...he said, "He'd gotten lost once too."

I open up the little brown envelope, and in it was my Dad's compass..the one he'd carried all through Europe in WW2...his 'prized' possession.

..."FAMILY"B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Work in the skydiving "industry" and the thought will frequently cross your mind.

I thought that's where all the people that SAID "Fuck It" ended UP!

Me too!!!

Me three!!!!

Twenty years ago, my Master Warrant Officer (Canadian Air Force) lied to me - for the third time - and I walked away.
Since I knew that he could not handle the truth, I gave him a bullshit excuse about wanting to attend university.
Two years later I graduated from the University of Ottawa, but that was only the cover story.
Eventually I ended up in the skydiving industry and have worked at the same DZ for 7 years, almost the longest I have ever held any job.
The hours are long and the pay is low, but yesterday I did a free wingsuit dive from 16,000!

Quitting your job (or in my case, terminating all my clients,) packing the car and the cats, and just blowing out of town, with no idea where you're going or when you might (if ever) come back?

Did it at the age of 43. Took my pittance of savings, loaded my 77 toyota pickup, spent 10 months touring the western half of the country, and visiting relatives. I've never had any regrets.
If your good at what you do, picking up where you left off is no problem. Go ahead. Just step out of the door.

I'm saying fuck it right now. Not packing up and leaving everything but just looking at leaving my current job. Buffing up my resume as I sit here now. Last night was the breaking point where either I look for something else or I end up bitch slapping the hell out of somebody.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I'm saying fuck it right now. Not packing up and leaving everything but just looking at leaving my current job. Buffing up my resume as I sit here now. Last night was the breaking point where either I look for something else or I end up bitch slapping the hell out of somebody.

I'm in the same boat my friend. [:/]

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Only problem is that I' m not sure I have the guts to do it alone. It would be easier if I had someone to go with me. Anybody want to cut away?

Unless both of you are on the same page most of the time, One wants to climb a mountain, the other one wants to visit museums.

I'm in the same boat my friend.

So you feel my pain. The real pain in the ass is I need to keep working there until I get my next gig lined up. With all the shit we have to go through with background checks and stuff it will probably be 6-12 weeks:S
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!