ntrprnr

Ever been so close to saying "fuck it,"

Quitting your job (or in my case, terminating all my clients,) packing the car and the cats, and just blowing out of town, with no idea where you're going or when you might (if ever) come back?

Most days at work, yes. Except for the cat part. I'd have to steal cats.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I did that once... with a tad bit of planning. Said screw this life. Put all my crap in storage.... drove across the country with only my clothes and my computer. Found me a great new life! :)

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Ive done that twice in my short career.
Once after amost 10 years at various positions for the same company. I decided that I'd had enough. I asked for a LOT more money. they said no. I said ok. I'll be done in two weeks then. I though for a bit they were actually gonna give the $$. Im glad they didnt... Im better for it.

Then less than a year ago. I left a good job. Sold my house and moved the wife, the dog, and i to ATL with no job.
I HAVE NO DOUBT that was a great move! B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I did that once... with a tad bit of planning. Said screw this life. Put all my crap in storage.... drove across the country with only my clothes and my computer. Found me a great new life! :)

Yeah, but you're fucking weird. Normal people don't have that much luck.

:P;)B|

Yes, I have done this about 15 yrs ago...best thing that I could have ever possibly done! Scary as hell...but oh god, the possiblities that have come out of "packing it all up". It takes balls....and maybe just a tad of substance abuse.;)

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Quitting your job (or in my case, terminating all my clients,) packing the car and the cats, and just blowing out of town, with no idea where you're going or when you might (if ever) come back?

Yes and I did it.

It was the most reckless, and yet the best, decision I ever made in my life.

Here's my original post:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1618248;search_string=should%20i%20do%20this;#1618248
This ad space for sale.

did it man, and it was awesome.. I will never regret walking away.
I did it on my anniversery date of employment with that company as well.. got really drunk at lunch adn went back for an hour and then just walked out the door.
Went home, got some sleep and then took off for awhile.
Big advantage I had was I owned my home and did not have to pay for storage. It also made it easy on me because evntually I made it back home. but what a great year that was, just wish it was longer.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

There have been a couple of occations where people have pushed me to that line. But then I remember that I am under contract and I can't leave without going to jail. So, I just go get completely drunk and get over it...

:P

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Remiond me not to invest in your compnay B|
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer