waltappel

Tony Suits

I was at Skyfest today with Kathleen (skydivermom), who had recently bought a couple of used Tony Suits. On of them was slightly long in the legs and had a rip in the seat.

Tony Uragallo (http://tonysuits.com/) was there and without hesitation shortened the legs a couple of inches and patched the seat. The charge? A six pack and a couple of very well-deserved sandwiches.

I was seriously impressed. He makes a great suit and, with customer service like that, definitely deserves the good reputation he and his jumpsuits have.

Hats off to Tony!!!:)
Walt

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony at Skyfest a few years back and he was never too busy to stop and answer any questions I had for him, helluva nice guy.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have had really bad luck with Tony Suits. It is really strange, I know, because he has so many out there. But, I have never had one fit properly. The two that I have had the best luck with are D'Annunzio and Michigan.
But, an old friend told me that "it's the indian, not the arrow".

Odd. My wife's suit never has fit right, and mine started showing damage in non-normal wear areas within the first 6 months, 50 jumps. The zipper blew out on mine (No fat jokes please). Even using the recommended washing directions my bright yellow turned a sickly mustard after washing. When I called about the damage and the zipper they quoted an obscene price for the repairs and to refit my wife's suit to actually make it fit. I just gave up and we kept jumping them, figuring on buying a Bev suit next time.

I guess I should have gone ahead and sent them in for repair to see what they would actually do. Maybe if they had the suit they would have said "well, clearly this isn't the user's fault, we should just fix it for him and apologize for the inconvenience." Matter of fact I think I will send them back and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Funny, my tony suit is going strong for 250 jumps and a couple hours tunnel time now. No wear, except for some dirts and bugs splats from night tunnel time.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I ordered a jump suit from another manufacturer of jump suits and everyone told me how solid and indestructible they were. Mine was done poorly and I found out it was because they were training a new person to sew the suits.

So.....I'm sure Tony sews exceptionally well but if he ever has other people do some of the work they may not be as careful. Luckily I was able to take my suit to Firefly suits and Sherry fixed the problems for me. The suit was not a Firefly suit.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

I've seen excellent suits for most of the big manufacturers, and, from those same manufacturers, I've seen suits where I've just shook my head and wondered how they managed that. I'm lucky in that my wife does this, also, and was able to fix everything real time for me and my team. And do followup repairs, etc.

Guess what? It's not easy. You have 5 different materials, military grade strength, a form fitting outfit with stiffeners, grippers, zippers, etc,

and a customer base that has some of the oddest ideas and bad timings and expectations

I have a lot of admiration for Tony, Bev, and Mike. And all the other suit makers. It's not easy and they don't make a ton of profit either. And those suits are excellent.

Of course, I recommend using a local person if they have a good design, it's real time, people can be measured directly, and you talk to the person making it directly.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have a used Tony Suit that has seen lots of time in the air and tunnel. Has lots of life left in it. I agree on having a suit made by someone local. I bought one made by a lovely lady that happens to post on this site. She will only make you a suit if she measures you and does a fitting once it is made. She did a minor alteration when I went to pick it up. It fits great and my flying has improved. I attribute it all to the good karma she sews into the suits she makes. Thanks V.:)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Tony is 'da man. Even after incorrectly measuring myself and receiving a jumpsuit that I couldn't even get my leg into Tony re-did a new one (with the correct measurements) AT NO CHARGE!

He could have rightly done nothing and the only person I'd have to blame would be the reflection in my mirror.

My good friend has laid claim to my old tony suit which has a DOM sometime in 1985!

Tony is a man who understands just how small our community is and how a bad rep will kill your biz quickly.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne