zulu

Tall guys or short guys

Okay I know this is corny or even immature but I wanted to prove a point to one of my co-workers. I told him that women prefer taller guys which is why short guys are not neccessarily the first option. He insist short guys are prefered over tall guys. What say you?

If any guys here have taller significant others I would like to know your opinion as well and vice versa.

Oh yeah I have a lot of "stuff" riding on this. The looser owes the other 10 lift tickets, free fly pants, and pays for their next reserve pack job.
zulu

I'd be lying if I said I'm not generally drawn to guys who are taller then me (I'm 5'10") but I'm currently happily dating someone shorter than me. So it's clearly not the only thing I use to judge attractiveness. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Okay I know this is corny or even immature but I wanted to prove a point to one of my co-workers. I told him that women prefer taller guys which is why short guys are not neccessarily the first option. He insist short guys are prefered over tall guys. What say you?

Unless the women answering are lying to avoid looking shallow, it's going to be 4:1 (or 40:1) for taller men.

Look at the personals - lots of must be > 6'2" (snort, 1% of the pop), never seen a should be < 5'7".

I believe that most want someone at least as tall as themselves in high heels.

----
similarly, I think the &age of men that prefer shorter women is even higher, thou personally I'd rather once date someone I don't have to lean over so far to kiss. 10" deltas are no fun.

I see you're part of the anti-short coalition, whiskey bent and hell bound on keepin' the short man down! I'm not voting in this anti-short thread and reject all anti-short propoganda outright!

Short power! Short power! Short power!

>:(:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I don't have a lot of experience. But, before I met my husband, I thought I would like someone substantially taller than me. My husband was only one inch taller. I just avoided high heels, and it was fine... especially when taking a shower together. :$

Taller is fine... about the same height is fine... I don't think I'd like shorter too much. That would probably be fine too if the guy knew how to talk to me. How a guy makes me feel is sooooo much more important than what he looks like.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Countless polls already suggest a strong favoritism toward taller men, by women & business.

I always loved taller men. Even still when I see a short man, my initial thought is "That sucks." Sounds mean, but rather it's just an automatic sympathy I have since I've had several short male friends and it seems like it's always a big issue for them in dating, sports, and otherwise (I used to hang out with a lot of wakeboarders who are generally shorter than most other guys).

Most guys I dated were always quite tall.

But the man I fell in love with is 5'9" (I'm 5'8").And we fit perfectly together.:P;):)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

c'mon, do you even have to ask?:S

I'm average height for an American man (5'9") and I'm on the low end of the "acceptable" range for most women. Look at any Personals Ad from women, and nearly half of them specify "tall". Very few women will date a man who is shorter than they are.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I would prefer a man taller than me, but I'm only 5', so most men would be taller than me. My ex was 6'2", and the one before that was 6'4"... Everyone is the same size in bed... (at least that's what my boss says)...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Oh now that's just NOT true and you know it... >:(

I guess my boss should rephrase himself and say everyone's the same height in bed... Not everyone is the same size. :D I'll go talk to him in a minute... :P

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I would prefer a man taller than me, but I'm only 5', so most men would be taller than me. My ex was 6'2", and the one before that was 6'4"... Everyone is the same size in bed... (at least that's what my boss says)...

many sexual positions become more difficult with a big size differemce. Or just no kissing.

I voted taller.
I once dated a man who was a couple of inches shorter than I am in flats. I ended up slouching all the time without even realizing it. The pictures told that story.
My husband is 6'1" and I am 5'5". I fit perfectly into his arms for a hug.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

This comes up in conversation a lot with me. I would say that more often than not women prefer a taller man. Rule of thumb is that most women would like to be able at least be eye level or lower when wearing high heels with the man they are with.

I have never once met a woman that said she would prefer to be with a man shorter than herself. Although I did see an interview with Moon Unit Zappa in which she stated she had a thing for Danny DeVito. And people have all nature of fetishes.

Certainly there are some women who CLAIM to not care but I believe many deny it in the interest of being politically correct. I think it's all tied into instinct to have healthy well supported offspring. Stunted growth which could easilly be confused with normal inherited height is often the result of disease and poor diet which runs contrary to this instinct.

Yes a man can be too tall. I have even been referred to by women as being freakishly so (which is fine by me).

Is it fair? Not really. But then men have some similar instinctual preferences in women as well. Aint mother nature a bitch.

As too my preference. I find there are benefits all along the spectrum. Taller women certainly tend to be more physically compatible in just being able to converse easily when standing. However I find they OFTEN have an attitude and seem to feel that it is tall men's responsibility to date them. While dating a significantly shorter woman proves too be challenging at times. They seem to be more fun. Plus I really enjoy seeing the tall women who think I owe them something get pissed off when they see me dating one.

In the end you are all a bunch of runts in my book ;)