adventurechick

Selling plasma

A slight tangent here... but your 21 with no dependents.... why do you need life insurance?

I tend to do many dangerous hobbies... and figure that I might die young.... and if I do, I do not want to burden my mom with funeral costs, especially for something stupid I was doing. So, I bought life insurance early on, which is great b/c it will be the same rate until I die. So yay!!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

I sold plasma when I was in school, and during one period in my life when I was dirt poor.

Two regrets about the plasma sales, first one is the veins look like trash, I sometimes wonder if people think I have used drugs when they see my veins. Second, I couldn't donate blood or platelets while I was selling plasma.

I think if you are going to sell plasma, you need to invest a certain percentage of the money for future comestic surgery on those veins, if the look of your veins matters to you.

Lucky for me the phlebotomist/needle stickers at Red Cross don't have a problem with my veins. I hope that means the EMT's wouldn't have problems, but who knows.

J
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

I did it 20 years ago in college, needed beer money. Took an hour and we got 12 bones a visit.

It sucked i would not do it.

Tim

Got to change with the times;)

The other day we cashed in a bunch of alumimun cans. got $.50/lbB|.

Wonder how many cans a poor jumper could find at a DZ after a weekend.

Plus its good for the enviroment.

People pay more for the eggs of girls born blonde/blue-eyed, tall, intelligent, etc.

They sure do. I've been offered 25-50K for mine (I am blonde/blue eyed). But I couldn't quite stomache the idea of my child running around in the world out there, and not knowing him/her.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I think i'll be good in that department, i have a $400,000 life insurance policy, the great thing is i only have patrol the streets of baghdad and do whatever the goverment tells me to get it! when i was at fort sam houston i donated a gallon of platelets and gave blood regularly (i do it for the t-shirts and juice) but since i've been deployed to the southwest asia i cant donate for a year becasue of lieshmaniasis, stupid sand flies! i dont have but there is potential, oh and about 1 out of every 3-400 soldiers comes up with tuberculosis on a skin test each time we redeploy, SWEET ASS!
Fly it like you stole it

Used to be that donating blood paid just enough for a bag of weed...I smoked a lot of blood back then.:D

I'd do the plasma thing too except that I don't want them putting anything back into me...take what you want and throw the rest away but DO NOT put it back into me.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Ya know, I'm thinking that you could make more money by selling beer (or similar fluids) to the OTHER college students leaving the plasma donation bldg. I'll bet it would be an an easy sell, too. After that, you can "sell" them a ride home so they don't fall down from being light headed.

Just a few suggestions.

Another good thing about life insurance policies is that they pay a percentage of your policy for loss of body parts. If I'd have had life insurance when I was in my car accident last year, I could have been paid HALF for losing my right eye ;)

I gave plasma twice a week for about 1 year. I made 180 a month. It takes about an hour give or take some. It depends on how hydrated you are and how well you eat. So it took me over an hour cause the machine doesn't really like mcdonalds. It left some small scars that i still have on both arms from donating so many times. I did pass out once, 20 minutes after I donated. I'm not sure how long you should wait to jump after you've donated but I don't think it would be a good idea until you know how it will effect you. During the year I donated I witnessed about 15 people pass out afterwards. But the money sure did help when I needed it.

A guy walks up to a hot girl in a bar and says, "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"
She smiles and says, "Sure."
He then says, "How about for $50?"
She slaps him and yells, "Hell no, do you think I'm some kind of slut?"
He rubs his face and says, "We've already established that, now we're just negotiating on price."

:D:D:D:D:D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm prob. not going to do the egg donor thing.... I considered it when I was buying gear, but in the long run, it prob. wouldn't be a wise decision. I would be a surrogate mother for someone though... different story there.

Other than plasma, nothing else is for sale. I just got offered to take care of the new borns at a local church, so I may do that instead for jump ticket money! It will all work out!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233