Deuce

I am so in love with this wierd clip

Gah! Great.. now I'm back to thinking about one of my greatest quandrys..

I like living here. I respect the Presidency. I dont want to live in a country where I have to be covered from head to toe and cant let the big twins breathe. We finally have a president with enough balls to stand by the decisions he makes. Even the bad ones. Unfortunately, thats most of them... and its getting worse.

But I still get a little pissy when the President is blatantly disrespected. When I was a kid, we lived in a foreign country and I was always so proud of the American Flag and what it represented. Thats definitley stuck with me.

That video clip was funny and I took it as such.. just got me thinking though.

Yes.. anything that 'gets me thinking' automatically gets moved to SC. :D

I'm not looking for argument or agreement. I just cant sleep so I'm posting until y'all wear my ass out. :D

Look at the watch Meow...you're getting verrrrry sleeeeeeeepy...tick tock...slllllleeeeeeepy:P

I like living here. I respect the Presidency. I dont want to live in a country where I have to be covered from head to toe and cant let the big twins breathe. We finally have a president with enough balls to stand by the decisions he makes. Even the bad ones. Unfortunately, thats most of them... and its getting worse.

A state where people are afraid to disrespect the leader is one step closer to a state that won't let you get the twins out.

Dissent and satire (no matter how juvenile;)) are good things. They help maintain our freedom, not erode it.:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

But I still get a little pissy when the President is blatantly disrespected. When I was a kid, we lived in a foreign country and I was always so proud of the American Flag and what it represented. Thats definitley stuck with me.

A state where people are afraid to disrespect the leader is one step closer to a state that won't let you get the twins out.

I think that the clip is funny as anything I've seen in awhile.:D I also agree with chaoskitty in the idea that as people who are so Blessed to live in this wonderful nation we should respect our Presidency because of our freedom.

Dissent and satire (no matter how juvenile) are good things. They help maintain our freedom, not erode it.

Dissent and satire are not good things, nor do they help maintain our freedom.:| Abusing our rights/freedom will eventually cause us to lose them.

It was funny though...:D

Dissent and satire (no matter how juvenile;)) are good things. They help maintain our freedom, not erode it.:)

Agreed. Except I'm not afraid to disrespect the leader. I just dont want to.

Dissent and satire are not good things, nor do they help maintain our freedom.:| Abusing our rights/freedom will eventually cause us to lose them.

Ah, yes. The old catch-22. ;)

I think what bothers me most is that the rest of the world looks at us and sees that we dont respect the leaders of our country. So why should they? OH, look, everyone thinks the Queen of England is a joke! Well I dont live in England.. but they all do.. so I guess she must be a joke. :S

I dont agree with *all* of GWB's decisions.. but at least hes got character so people can make fun of him. Makes that a lot easier huh?

Dissent and satire are not good things, nor do they help maintain our freedom.

By that logic we'd still own slaves and oppress women. Dissent is the main ingredient for progress, and is absolutely necessary to maintain democracy. Without it we'd all just follow the government blindly. There's a word for that, and it's certainly not freedom.

Ah, yes. The old catch-22.

I think what bothers me most is that the rest of the world looks at us and sees that we dont respect the leaders of our country. So why should they? OH, look, everyone thinks the Queen of England is a joke! Well I dont live in England.. but they all do.. so I guess she must be a joke.

I dont agree with *all* of GWB's decisions.. but at least hes got character so people can make fun of him. Makes that a lot easier huh?

Yeppers. I guess the biggest problem I see with the whole "opinion of "_________" (you fill in the blank) is we seem to base it on whatever the media feeds us, not facts.

Just as a side note and trying to be-careful not to get this thread sent to SC, dissent is by most definitions an opinion against...that in itself is not progress. Offering a new or differing opinion with factual reasons for that opinion may help incite progress, but to just disagree...well I can't agree with that.:D:S:P

BTW, Bush's approval ratings are lower than ever in New Orleans, Reggie Bush that is!:o:ph34r::ph34r:

You're right, dissent in itself is not progress. It is the main ingredient for progress. Without differing opinions, there can be no action to change. And the ability to change things is what makes this a democracy. Therefore dissent = good. You just said it yourself.

You're right, dissent in itself is not progress. It is the main ingredient for progress. Without differing opinions, there can be no action to change. And the ability to change things is what makes this a democracy. Therefore dissent = good. You just said it yourself.

Well alrighty then...ewe da man and have a good time in SC, I'll just stay here and say I agree with Chaoskitty and even though I agree with with her, I still think it was a funny video. You have a good time now...:P