EricaH

Emergency Passport renewal - anyone know anything

My boyfriend is from Poland, he just learned that his dad died yesterday & now needs to fly there quickly. B/f is a US Citizen & has a US Passport but it expired this past April. All we can find is an 877 phone number to an automated system that tells us the next available appt to get an emergency renewal is 9/1!! (not what I'd call emergency timing).

Since his dad died in Poland it'll be nearly impossible to get a death certificate copy quickly (B/F's words).

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

My boyfriend is from Poland, he just learned that his dad died yesterday & now needs to fly there quickly. B/f is a US Citizen & has a US Passport but it expired this past April. All we can find is an 877 phone number to an automated system that tells us the next available appt to get an emergency renewal is 9/1!! (not what I'd call emergency timing).

Since his dad died in Poland it'll be nearly impossible to get a death certificate copy quickly (B/F's words).

Try Here

or

Here

or

Here

or

Here

or

Here
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Get some authority in Poland to fax a certificate (or some kind of semi officially recognized document) to the Polish consulate in Chicago (nearest major city, right?). Have a consular official certify it. Have your BF retrieve it, and go to the local Federal building. Make sure he doesn't have a cell phone on him when getting to the Federal building (at least one that can take pictures...).
It will involve a lot of begging and convincing, but it should work.

Good luck.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

You need to check out this web site for exact requirements and for information on who to contact. I don't know what your BFs details are but from the web site, Poland has certain requirements if you're a Polish citizen that may work for/against your BF.From the web site:

"Poland requires Polish citizens (including American citizens who are or can be claimed as Polish citizens) to enter and depart Poland using a Polish passport. Americans who are also Polish citizens or who are unsure if they hold Polish citizenship should contact the nearest Polish consular office for further information. "
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Interesting - thank you.

Ok, someone in his family has found a wheel that needed greasing & he's on his way to an apointment for an emergency update.

Your ideas all helped, especially using the consular.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

And once you have the documents in hand you should be able to go to your local post office to get the passport. DO NOT use one of those online "we get your passport quick" agencies.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I got mine in under a week via the post office, but it cost a small fortunate in expedition fees, overnight both ways, etc.

gotcha beat - I got one in 2 days....I HAD to go through an agency that hand walked the application through the state department.

It cost an arm and a leg but that was better than my mom murdering me for missing my sisters wedding.
Scars remind us that the past is real

I got mine in under a week via the post office, but it cost a small fortunate in expedition fees, overnight both ways, etc.

gotcha beat - I got one in 2 days....I HAD to go through an agency that hand walked the application through the state department.

It cost an arm and a leg but that was better than my mom murdering me for missing my sisters wedding.

I'm guessing you were in a major city at the time. I was about 2 miles south of Incest Junction, Iowa at the time ;)
cavete terrae.

I'm guessing you were in a major city at the time. I was about 2 miles south of Incest Junction, Iowa at the time ;)

Nope - I was actually 20 miles south east of incest junction, North Carolina.

:D:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

Nope - I was actually 20 miles south east of incest junction, North Carolina.

:D:D:D:D

I think I've been there. About 18 miles east of Sodomy Plains, right?
cavete terrae.