alanab

grilling salmon with the skin

Only if I get to help eat it. In all reality with salomn keep it simple for the best taste. Use good hardwood chips and keep them from getting to hot. Use plenty of butter and lemon/lime juice to keep it from drying out.I like to put a few green onions with it also. Enjoy...
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Make a few diagonal cuts on the skin side, slather it in olive oil ,kosher salt and black pepper. Then make a nice herb mayonaise.

Grill it over alderwood and serve with some nice veggies and a reeally good dry white wine.

As for me..... I'm having canned ravioli tonite (again).
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Super easy ... I usually cook it skin-side down and don't ever flip it. Rub some olive oil over the skin so it doesn't stick (as much ... it'll probably still stick anyway). Rub some olive oil on the other side and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it. Don't overcook! I tend to cook it for about 10-12 minutes (depending on thickness) on medium on my gas grill. Don't lift the lid too much to peek on it, either.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Tequila - 1 bottle any flavor
Bunch of limes.

cover Salmon with tequila. squeeze limes on top of Salmon, let sit for a few hours and wrap in tin foil and throw on the bbq.

I love this recepie! Hope you like it too.

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

In the morning, in this order, add two sprigs of Rosemary, Brown Sugar, Lemon Juice, and Butter. When you get home, throw it on the grille. Side of wild rice and mixed squash/zuchinni.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I bake it in the oven (only grill stuff if asked to flip the meat at BBQs). Buy Cardini's Lemon Herb dressing and pour some on the to and let it sit for a little while. Just before putting it in the oven, pour some olive oil on it and sprinkle some rosemary on top. I cook some Basmati rice to go with it too and add a tablespoon of olive oil and some rosemary to the water. Yummmm.....

any good recepies?
ive never grilled it with the skin on, so im nervous.

tips? ideas?

Try this: (from the wife of the Premier of the Province of Alberta -- I know Ralphie claimed it as his own but I'm sure it's Colleen's!):

Marinade: (SEE BELOW FOR EDITORS NOTE!):
2 green onions
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
1 garlic clove minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Chop green onions and set aside green tops for garnish

In a bowl combine white part of onions, ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice and rind, sugar and sesame oil

Place salmon filets in a single layer in a shallow baking dish

Pour marinade over, let stand at room temp for 15 minutes or in the fridge for up to one hour

Bake oncovered in pre-heated 350oF oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until salmon turns opaque

Arrange on serving platter and spoon sauce over, sprinkle with green onion tops

I DOUBLE THE SAUCE RECIPE CAUSE IT'S REALLY GOOD!

Enoy with rice and asparagus! YUMMY!

'Shell
'Shell

Keep the skin on and just grill it. After it's cooked the skin will peel right off. If my dogs were at your place, they would be sitting pretty and waiting for their share of the peeled skin.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

We do it every week or two, just about like this.

Delicious.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My personal recipe is quite simple. If i'm grilling whole salmon, sometimes i use a cedar grilling plank, and sometimes, i'm using this:http://www.fantes.com/images/120193barbecue.jpg

This little tool is really helpful in grilling all kind of fish.

I use a fresh whole salmon, i rub it very lightly with roasted garlic and olive oil, so the fish won't stick to the grilling basket. I then put the garlic in, as well as 6 or 7 slices of lemon, inside the salmon. Then i put a little of Mrs Dash lemon and herb seasoning, inside the fish. Delicious.

Yves.

My favorite recipe (thanks to the taste and the simplicity) is just to add rub some olive oil on the fish and add some cajun spice to the salmon. I grill lightly it skin side down and then flip it and grill till lightly blackened.

While it's cooling, I mix dijon mustard, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, capers, dill and salt & pepper and then spoon it on the salmon. I added some mint to the sauce once and my lady loved it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

any good recepies?
ive never grilled it with the skin on, so im nervous.

tips? ideas?

When grilling, always put the 'presentation side' on the grill first, cook that until it looks good, then flip and cook until done.

For skin on salmon, rub grill and fish with olive oil, heat grill to hottest setting, put fish on grill then turn grill to low setting. I like to cut my fish into serving sized strips (about 2"). It is easy to see the fish cook its way up the side. about 5-7 minutes or so it should be a nice golden brown. Olive oil up the skin and flip for another couple of minutes. Use a big vented spatula to flip the fish get it off the grill. If you oil it up enough it won't stick too bad. I like to serve the fish, skin side down (presentation side up). The skin peels off easy enough when you eat it.

I cook my salmon 'pure', not seasoning at all. After it is cooked I add seasoned butter on it

Seasoned butter is:

1 Stick of soft butter
2 Tbs Crushed Fennel Seed
2 Tbs of chopped fresh Tarragon
2 Tbs of Lemon juice
2 Tbs of Lemon Zest
Salt & Pepper

Mix all ingredients together, then put a spoonful on top of the fish as it comes off the grill and let it melt in. Best fish ever!