weegegirl

Random Acts of Kindness

It amazes me some people's ability to go far and beyond the average, reaching out to people they barely know.

I came home today to find a care package from someone I only know from online - dz.com, myspace, and the occasional chat. It had to be the most thoughtful thing that anyone has ever done for me. I laughed and cried while going through each of the items in the box. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I encourage everyone to go out and perform random acts of kindness. Let your friends know what you mean to them. We have all been hit hard this year and have been given an ugly taste for how short life is and how quickly it can be taken from you. I don't even want to start listing all the beautiful, young people, so full of life, that we have lost this year. It's very sad.

To the person who absolutly made my day, and to the little people who helped, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. You are angels! :)

Amen Sista!

Seriously, random acts of kindness are what we all need. It can be a really ugly world out there filled with cynicism. Thanks Liz, for reminding me. I need to do more random acts of kindness.:)
Chris

Thanks Liz, for reminding me. I need to do more random acts of kindness.

Hunny, you have done so many random acts of kindness it amazes me you think you need to do more.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

indeed. Even though I only know matthewcline from his responses to a handful of post. Even though I barley know him he made from what I understand a fairly generous offer. Don't want to say exactly what he said since it was a pm but he basically said that when I get back recurrency training is "on me." I thought that was pretty cool of him. Maybe if im going to be around his area I just might hit him up on that. Still don't know. My plans for when I get back aren't set in stone yet. Still nice though.
Which reminds me, after tomorrow night my next post here will be coming from either Kuwait or Iraq.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

The DZ.com posters are great! I can't even begin to mention the number of posters that have passed on kindness to me.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I encourage everyone to go out and perform random acts of kindness. Let your friends know what you mean to them.

OK I think I will do that.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Thanks Liz, for reminding me. I need to do more random acts of kindness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunny, you have done so many random acts of kindness it amazes me you think you need to do more.

:$

Now you just did one. That put a real smile on my face.:)
Seriously though, I can be a real selfish bastard sometimes. I do need reminders like Liz and you just gave me.

Chris

I was recently a recipient of a random act of kindness..I sold a rig for a friend of mine and I did a lot of work making it nice, clean and ready to go for any up and coming jumper. I thought I'd do my friend a favor and just sell the rig and not charge him anything for my work, he ended up changing the scenario on my and insisting that i keep all the money for the sale(and this is a significant amount of money).....I've never been on the receiving end of something like this and I'm truly not sure what to do.......My only thought is to purchase and set-up a very nice intermediate rig for our up and coming jumpers and use that as transition gear(free of charge) until they get their own gear......Now just so everyone one knows, the generous person is Steve Pitts, and he is doing this to help keep the spirit of Quantum Leap Skydiving alive and help us all move on after the crash...........usually I give props to someone that I hear about being so generous, but when it happens to me I'm overwhelmed....All I can say is the skydiving community and family as a whole is made up of the most amazing people you will ever meet.

Not to long ago I post that I had dropped my digital camera and did anyone know if it could be fixed.

Well next thing I know I have a new camera in the mail form a DZ.comer that lives on another continent. You want to talk about a crusty old man with a lump in his throat and wet eyes.

People like that are very special.

Thank again my friend.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Not to long ago I post that I had dropped my digital camera and did anyone know if it could be fixed.

Well next thing I know I have a new camera in the mail form a DZ.comer that lives on another continent. You want to talk about a crusty old man with a lump in his throat and wet eyes.

People like that are very special.

Thank again my friend.:)

That's awesome!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...