jumpjunkie2004

What's your damage?

I'll routinely eat just a large, good quality steak for dinner, with nothing on the side but a nice bottle of wine.

Poor Dave... ;)

I know. It's horrible, isn't it? :$ Please don't tease me about it, I'm quite sensitive. :(

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Competitive figure skating probably screwed me up more than anything. It was damaging emotionally, psychologically, and physically, but I wouldn't trade it for anything because it is a huge part of me. There was always so much pressure to land new jumps, skate faster, be stronger, etc. But hard work would never be enough because of the issue of time, money, politics, talent, etc. It probably also skewed my idea of the ideal body. Skating is pretty much the only thing that can make me cry, but I still love it more than anything (except maybe skydiving now).

Most of my life I was always told how "perfect" I was by my parents, teachers, friends, etc. I was an intense perfectionist that did everything and everything well, especially because I felt that I had to live up to the standards I set for myself and the opinions of others. I was #1 in my class in high school until senior year, when I couldn't handle it anymore and started failing classes. Now I'm just working on finding a balance.

Unfortunately, being praised my entire life for pretty much everything also gave me a bit of an ego. I have very high self-esteem so I tend to be egotistical. Then there's the fact that I'm spoiled rotten by my parents and completely dependent. :S

I have issues, but who doesn't? I embrace them and love myself regardless.

...trying to *make* people like me. Stems from YEARS of trying to make my older brother like me. He didn't for years. We now get along okay, but I took that behavior out into the world with me.

My attitude now is all I can do is be a likeable person. Whether anyone actually likes me is up to them, not to me.

Wow Krisanne! Everyone loves you! Forget the "like" thing. You are a wonderful person and I'm amazed that you ever had feelings like that. You are an amazing person!

I look in the mirror and see myself when I was taking 1,000mgs of Prednisone everyday for months. I was so huge I could hardly move. Our own mental pictures aren't always acurate I suppose. :S

Wow Krisanne! Everyone loves you! Forget the "like" thing. You are a wonderful person and I'm amazed that you ever had feelings like that. You are an amazing person!

:$:$

Thanks, Valinda... but you've met me in the "be who I am" years... ironically, I find people like me more when I don't really *try* to make them like me. Go figure!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I can lose weight, but when I will look into the mirror I see a fat person. People can tell me that I look great, but I can't see it. It's not that I'm trying to fish for compliments - I really don't see what they see.

When I look in the mirror, I see a chubby girl. My dad used to call me "Fatty".

So...what's your damage?

How did your parents (or family and environment) screw you up?

My mom used to comment that my thighs were fat. Nevermind that I was working out six days a week and had less than 10% body fat, and what she was looking at was actually muscle from about 30 hours of karate every week. It was so frustrating because I knew I wasn't overweight, but she judged me by size rather than by health. I just kept hearing "your thighs look fat" no matter what I was wearing. To this day, I don't like to wear shorts or short skirts; it makes me feel self-conscious, and I hate shopping.

I'll admit that I still see "fatty." I weigh in about between 185 and 195 - it varies frequently. But I USED to weigh 245. People find it difficult to believe.

Sometimes I need to tell myself that I am at a good weight. Other times, however, I want to go back to being 175 and ripped like I was 5-8 years ago.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

routinely eat just a large, good quality steak for dinner, with nothing on the side but a nice bottle of wine.

Same here for the exact same reasons. I always refuse to pinch penny’s and skimp on anything. In general I have some horrible spending habits because I feel I worked my ass off to NOT be poor and I refuse to live like I still am.

But then at the end of the month or the year I look back and see how much money I just blew and cringe. I think subconsciously I am doing it just to prove to myself I’m not poor anymore.

Same here for the exact same reasons. I always refuse to pinch penny’s and skimp on anything. In general I have some horrible spending habits because I feel I worked my ass off to NOT be poor and I refuse to live like I still am.

But then at the end of the month or the year I look back and see how much money I just blew and cringe. I think subconsciously I am doing it just to prove to myself I’m not poor anymore.

Ditto to all of that.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Your body is your mobile for the rest of your life. Love it, embace it, improve it, see it for what it could be not what you dont want it to be. Not everyone can be Gisele or Kate Moss- but we can love our bodies just the same. Appreciate one thing about your body everyday. Low self esteem is one of the biggest and worst road blocks people encounter on their way to happiness and true contentment. Love, Embrace, and Improve.
P.s. you dont think skydiving is a workout? Go girl! Go!
"The most wasted day of all is that upon which we have not laughed..." Nicholas Chamfort.

Growing up I was always the little scrawny kid who was everyones favorite target.... being put down and harrassed all the time gave me a very short fuse and I wound up getting my ass kicked regularly... needless to say I didn't develop many social skills.
These days I've become very tolerant and it takes alot to piss me off... but I'm still the little scrawny guy. As for social skills... I still find it difficult to talk to people, especially women.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

You're on my "Must meet" list.

Krisanne WAS on my "must squeeze boobies" list. Mission accomplished! Then she took care of me when I had heatstroke.

:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

do that ALL THE TIME to my best friend with huge knockers.

Meh. I don't discriminate. I fondle A-DD. Although chaoskitty's I generally bounce. Big boobs are fun to bounce.

:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

:o:o:o

You do that, too?!

You MUST be a B. And she MUST be a D.

How did this turn into a discussion about my boobies (C, btw!)?:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke