jumpjunkie2004

What's your damage?

You're on my "Must meet" list.

Krisanne WAS on my "must squeeze boobies" list. Mission accomplished! Then she took care of me when I had heatstroke.

:)

And I hooked you up with a supah-cool lawyer in Atlanta! Did anything ever come out of that connection?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm not sad. I'm damaged : ) There's a difference.

Not so much. "Damaged" is a metephor unless you are actually talking about a broken bone or something.

If you're using a metaphor such as "damaged" to describe yourself I can't imagine it comes from a happy place, but rather a sad one.:(

Sounds like you have some friends here that want you to be happy. Perhaps seeking out ways to be so is a good idea.:)

There is something wrong with my brain. That was my point. That's it. I don't know how to fix it. I know that there is something broken in there.

On the plus side, I would say that it's minor damage - sort of like a small dent in the rear passenger side door. I don't spend an enormous time thinking about it.

However, today, a friend of mine was having an issue and it made me think of my own personal issues.
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

There is something wrong with my brain. That was my point. That's it. I don't know how to fix it. I know that there is something broken in there.

Sounds like something worth getting professional help for. There's people out there who can start to help you fix things.:)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I guess you can say my "Damage" was that I used to think I was the ugliest person. I was one of the shortest guys in my class and skinny as hell. I had acne from ear to ear; so bad that my parents sent me to a dermatologist every week for years. My hair was so wavey and uncontrollable that it always looked messy no matter what I tried. To this day, I look in the mirror and I will instantly notice the slightest imperfection. However, it doesn't affect me anymore. I guess you could say I grew out of it. Now I have the attitude of "This is me and I'm happy with it." Stuart Smalley would be so proud.;)

Chris

I've been trying to think of some kind of "damage" as you call it but the only thing I could come up with was 1 broken arm (swinging into a leaf pile), two broken bones in my hand, a knife wound (self inflicted, accidentally the night before thanksgiving) on my left thumb, stitches on my left eye from a disagreement with a dog (don't ask...:D:D), and busting my head open on the corner of a family room table (arguing over TV channels, I'm hard headed in more ways then one... what can I say... :$)

ok.. I've rambled for a bit... but ultimately I only have one question...

How many times (number wise) do I need to tell you you are a beautiful woman to counter act the "damage"... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

How many times (number wise) do I need to tell you you are a beautiful woman to counter act the "damage"... cause I'm sure I'm up to the task...

You're such a thoughtful man...that just moved me. Would you also tell me I'm a handsome man, because my damage involved my perception of my ugliness.:P:D

Chris

After a baseball game when I was 10, my dad said "you run like a girl".:S

I said "I AM a girl!"

So, for awhile, I thought that there was something bad about being/running like a girl. My dad is great,..and has definitely apologized for that. Interesting how parents can say something so nonchalantly, not meaning harm, and kids can harbor it for years! I don't think I am damaged, but I still run like a girl;)
Jen

So...what's your damage?

How did your parents (or family and environment) screw you up?

I could not possibly type that much, sufficed to say they were crap parents:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm not sad. I'm damaged : ) There's a difference.

Not so much. "Damaged" is a metephor unless you are actually talking about a broken bone or something.

If you're using a metaphor such as "damaged" to describe yourself I can't imagine it comes from a happy place, but rather a sad one.:(

I'm sure you like seeing you own text on screen.
Damage does in no way have to be a metaphor in this context.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Probably my Biggest "Damage" was that we moved constantly when I was growing up. I went to 13 different schools in 10 different cities before Graduating High School.

The end result is that I am great at making new Acquaintances but have never quite figured out the whole keep a Friend thing. Never really have had a "Best Friend" or anyone that that I let get too close. I always feel like what’s the point, I will just be moving on soon.
I don’t think I have kept in constant contact with anyone for more than a few years in my entire life, And even the acquaintances I keep at a safe distance even though I have now lived in the same area for 15 years.[:/]

I hear you there. Not quite as many different schools, but we didn't stop moving til about 7th grade. Only I was very shy as a result of it.

Something I've managed to get over now!!

But I am not great at maintaining close friendships...and I want to move on about every 4 years or so.

I feel your pain. I grew up with a mother who was fixated on her weight. she may top a 100lbs. i was always the chubby kid and called many cruel names and picked on. at my heaviest i weighed 181. that being said,.I now weigh between 110 and 120 (winter weight). been as low as 105. I let the "damage" done to me control me. After a bitter divorce and a bad controlling relationship. oh boy am i rambling or what,lol..i took a good look at the person i am, which i think is pretty good, and decided to not let the "damage" that had been done control who i am. I still struggle with it.,but i don't let it control me. it's all about choices. be who u are.

life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of jalapenos---what you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.

from a frumpy 40 summthin cool chick.

btw jumpchick i think your ears are cute

;)

liv 2 luv
luv 2 liv
lucky

i prolly just killed this thread. someone take the keyboard away from me. ok i'm dun now. carry on:)

Thank you to everyone who responded and got my meaning.

The intellectual part of my brain is fully aware that the subconscious part of my brain doesn't have an accurate idea of what I look like. Over the last couple of months, I've seen a couple of pictures of myself and thought "I look thin in that picture".

My very next thought is always, "I wonder if there was something wrong with the camera?" Maybe it's the lighting. Maybe it's the angle. My obstacle is the mirror. I look into the mirror and I see something different than everyone else.

How many times (number wise) do I need to tell you you are a beautiful woman to counter act the "damage"... cause I'm sure I'm up to the task...

That's very sweet Scott : )

When people tell me that I'm beautiful or sexy, it usually just makes me laugh. I do receive validation from the people in my world and so I know that other people see something I don't.

Are you skilled at hypnosis? I am thinking the only thing that will help me is something that can penetrate into a part of my brain that isn't reachable otherwise.

I love my parents dearly, but feel compelled to share once more....

One time, when my two sisters and I must have been giving my dear mother a bit of a headache.... She threatened to sell us to the gypsies. I remember thinking "COOL!"B|

Your mom was WAY cooler than mine! She was always threatening to send us to Siberia!

I am thinking the only thing that will help me is something that can penetrate into a part of my brain that isn't reachable otherwise.

Why not try therapy first?

I certainly don't mean that negatively. It can be a very helpful thing. You might believe you can not penetrate that part of your brain, but why not try cognitively doing so first?

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.