BoostedXT

October 5th....*special press release*

Just wanted to let you all know that as of October 5th I will 100% out of debt.

That is to include....
CC's + Student Loans

I am just really excited right now so I thought I would share.
:)
Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Then you'll be in a fine position to buy a house and begin the process of being in debt the rest of your life. :S

I'll be 62 by the time my mortgage is paid off. [:/]
:|
:o
OH DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE???

;)

Way to go BoostedXT! Debt is the financial cancer of this country.
It's amazing how you can actually feel healthier without it... (at least I did, when that was the case)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

lol....sorry, but yes I am out of debt. I have enough money in the bank right now to either be 100% or hold on to it and use that just incase that problem shows up and I need some cash-o-la.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.

lol....sorry, but yes I am out of debt. I have enough money in the bank right now to either be 100% or hold on to it and use that just incase that problem shows up and I need some cash-o-la.

Joe

Use the cash to pay off the debt. It is nonsensical to keep cash in the bank earning 0-5% (and getting taxed on the interest), and at the same time having outstanding debt on which you are paying interest ranging from 6-30%.

If and when you actually have an emergency, that is the time to dip into your credit cards.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The thing is this...the cards that the rest of the debt is on is currently at 0% till 2007. If it was at any interest rate beyond what my bank is giving me I would pay it off asap.

Keeping the cash in the bank is better at the 3% than paying off the debt at 0%.B|

Joe

The thing is this...the cards that the rest of the debt is on is currently at 0% till 2007. If it was at any interest rate beyond what my bank is giving me I would pay it off asap.

Keeping the cash in the bank is better at the 3% than paying off the debt at 0%.B|

Joe

Makes sense. I've wondered how much you could make on interest by juggling debt using those 0% interest offers for X months that CC's sometimes offer. Of course it usually doesn't apply to transfers or cash advances. Some years back I actually got a card that allowed 0% for several months on a cash advance. I borrowed the maximum and put it in my savings account. Then when the 0% came to an end, I payed it off. Didn't make that much but it was satisfying anyway. :)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.