bertusgeert

PRIMERICA

1. I get a call from my boss, telling me that I might receive a call from a guy who is "opening up new businesses" (or something to that effect) in the area. This was weird to start with.
2. I get the call, and contrary to what I thought, he said "citigroup". I was like, heck yeah, bring it. So we set up an interview.
3. I spend all weekend trying to find out more about "finance and asset management" positions in citigroup in the area, wondering if it was for citi financial or what. (I never found their office number related to citigroup).
4. I stop by the office on Sunday and discover the name - Primerica. Now I can start my research.
5. Fortunately I caught them before they caught me!

How can Citigroup allow this "amway" "quickstar" unprofessional "businesspeople" running around with their name slapped on?
Well, I guess Citigroup isn't the most ethical company either. (worldcom, enron).

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

How can Citigroup allow this "amway" "quickstar" unprofessional "businesspeople" running around with their name slapped on?
Well, I guess Citigroup isn't the most ethical company either. (worldcom, enron).

Why? You have money they want. How is that different than anyone else in this world?:|

Just stay away from them - considered working for them a while back. They will tell you they are not the financial amway....but....the way its setup reminds me of Boiler Room.

They suck! I've been trying to roll one of my wife's old retirement accounts over Fidelity with the rest of our accounts, and it's been like pulling teeth! She changed her name when we got married, and unlike ING would simply needed a copy of our marriage certificate, they wanted some special kind of securities document (not just a notary). I've been going back and forth with them for 3 months now [:/]

I highly recommend Fidelity. I've got them managing my family's 401k's, Rollover IRA's, SEP's, Roth's, and 529 accounts. They have a tiered service program at levels of 25k, 100k, and 1M, and you get various levels of free financial planning based on that.

ING has been good too. I had them managing my 401k for a couple years, and my wife had a retirement account with them also.

Sucks some major ass. Citigroup owns them from what I remember. They tried to suck me in about a year ago saying they were opening all these new offices and such and the money would be great for those interested. Anyway longs story short, the office is on the way to the DZ and it is closed. Hmmmm what happened? Your company sucks is what happened.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I highly recommend Fidelity.

Agreed, they bend over backwards for customers - and i'm not just saying that cause my husband works for them, they really are fantastic. Rolling over 401ks from 2 other jobs (and 2 names) was a piece of cake, i didn't have to do a thing!

Jen
Arianna Frances

Let's bring this up again...>:(>:(

I got a call from someone who said I handed Citigroup my resume at a job expo (I'm not interested in finance or marketing) but she said they were opening new offices downtown (why aren't they recruiting 'managers' from within??) and they liked my resume and wanted to meet with me on a SATURDAY. I get to the location and I tell security I'm there to meet with the Citigroup and he asks 'you mean 'PRIMERICA'? (I smell a rat, but I'm there so...)

There was a presentation by a few of those people couldn't string a sentence together, much less help anyone get out of debt. And what do I care about someone else's debt if I'm there for a managers position? They had a slide show with lots of figures but no quoted sources. And they mentioned McDonalds...alot. I've been to Tupperware parties before and I know when someone is trying to sell me something and there is it...for $200 they will train you and they want the names of SIX references...Yeah, Right.

Then they wouldn't let me leave. My 'interviewer' was busy with someone else and I wanted to go smoke and they wouldn't let me out. A young man who is fresh out of school who "just made $150k in his first year" with them walked me back to my chair saying 'let me tell you my story', with a glazed look in his eye. They speak very softly but they look like someone has a gun pointed at their backs that you can't see.

I have 'office manager' on my resume but I didn't do it long enough for Citigroup to seek me out as opposed to promote or transfer from within. I'm really surprised ENRON, I mean, Citigroup is allowing this--I had no indication of the name of the subsidiary until I got there, but I did look on Monster and googled Citigroups sites and checked if they had a sizable requests for managers. Nope.

Freakiest 'interview' I've ever had. When my 'recruiter' got to me she asked me ONE question then I went off on her for her misrepresentation. Nothing was asked about where I fit into this program or my background. I feel sorry for the people who stayed. I learned a long time ago NEVER to 'buy' a job. Buy an education. Nobody can ever take it back from you.

And yes, I made the 'Kramerica' connection too. Working with Kramer makes more sense.~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I bought life insurance on my fiance through them. Even though he's a skydiver & a smoker he got coverage @ a really decent price.

Heven't had anyother dealings with them though.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Any personal experiences with this "citigroup" company?

Went to one of their presentations when I was in school, presuming it was an actual job interview. Walked out shortly after it started. Lawrocket hit the nail on the head with his Amway comparison.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I went to a presentation for Fortis Financial Group while during college that was actually somewhat similar. Didn't like it either. A Primerica guy handed my a card once while I was working as a checker at Safeway...seemed fishy at the time and not what I wanted to do after graduating college anyways so I didn't bite.

UBS is pretty decent too, from what my sister tells me. I'm looking at them now.

Re: Primerica....run away!! Run away!!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Dispite what you may here from those on this blog, Primerica is the largest marketing arm of financial products in US history.

Citigroup being the Largest Corp. in the world would not stake its rep on a Amway scam, nor is it legal.

Metlife, Genworth, Smith Barney, AIM, Putnam, Franklin Templeton, Van Kampen, Legg Mason...to name a few would think many of the comments here are based on ignorance.

Billions of dollars in securities transaction were invested by Primerica Rep. which by the way is global in scale. From Long Term Care, Securities, Mortgages, Pre-paid Legal, Term Life, and a free Financial Plan you want find a better company that put families first.

These Independent Representitives are required to be finger printed, criminal back ground checks, obtain legal licenses in each state they wish to conduct business and by the way are kicking their so called compentions asses in the process.

Primerica has more self made millionairs than any other corporation, and tens of thousands making more than a 100,000.00 in income running their own offices.

Its a great oppertunity and should be given serious consideration. After all the Rocket Man doen't hold the keys to your income protential nor should any one else here on speakers corner.

I only say this because a very close friend of mine that I work with at NASA was killed with his son in a mid-air collision on Jan 4, 1994. The aircraft that hit him was flown by a man that he went to church with that afternoon. Richard my friend had just taken a term life policy out with Primerica Life December 28th of 1993 and the policy had not been issued.

Primerica paid Susan the widow over $300,000.00 four weeks later.

> get the call, and contrary to what I thought, he said "citigroup".

First of all the individual is very much misleading because he uses the Citigroup name. Citigroup is the parent company of Primerica Financial Services, and this statement alone is non-compliant and subject this individual to possible company sanctions or a letter of repremand.

Primerica is a Business oppertunity and income is based on commissions only.