stitch

Texans

They talk funny, have weird mannersisms and are pretty damn proud of there Texan status. My first inclination is start making fun of them but I have met too many damn cool and funny ones that have to lean towards being enriched. My favorite quote from a Texan skydiver friend (SwoopySwoop) "I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts where on fire..!!" :D:D:D

no there would be no texas without mexicans, get it straight

My grandmother used to call EVERYONE from Texas Texicans....lol. She didn't like ANY of 'em. Cracked me up. When she learned that my best friend from college was really from....ahem...Texas....Oh MY! You'd think she just learned I was on crack or something! Funny ol' lady....rest her soul.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Mickey Mouse is from Florida. Actually, I grew up in Tennessee. There would be no Texas, if it weren't for a handful of brave Tennesseans.;)

.......okay! where does tennessee work its way into tx history? also, mickey mouse is from california.
to answer your q--- enriches it. texans are hot!;)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

also, mickey mouse is from california.

Not quite, actually. The first drawings of ol' Mickey was done by Walt Disney about a pet mouse he had while he lived in Kansas City. This was well before he moved to California, although the cartoon character was drawn on a train while riding from LA to NY. Atleast that's how I understand it.

My limited experience in FL was that the people weren't very nice, except on the DZ. Skydivers don't count, since a skydiver is a skydiver no matter where you are.:)
Anyways, here's to you Mr. Way To Proud About Texas Guy...:D

Although I enjoy traveling, I have no desire to perminantly live anywhere else besides TX.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My great great great grandfather, Nathaniel Massey was an Irish immigrant and endentured servant in East Tennessee. He was released from servitude to go fight in the War for Texas Independence in place of his landowner. So he fought in the war and afterwards helped settle the town of Walnut Springs.
My great great Uncle, Deaf Smith, is pictured in a painting sitting at the right hand of General Sam Houston in the parlor of the Texas State Capitol, and has a county in West Texas named after him. He was Nathaniel Massey's nephew..I think.

Ever wonder why UT(N)'s football team is called the VOLS? Volunteers. Many Tennesseeans volunteered in the war for Texas independence as well as WWI. I think theres a famous Marine from TN who left his home and had better living conditions in WWI military. I've heard the story but dont know it well enough to repeat it.

My limited experience in FL was that the people weren't very nice, except on the DZ. Skydivers don't count, since a skydiver is a skydiver no matter where you are.

I agree. There are a lot of factors that have messed up the social skills of locals.

There is the anonymity of a transient population.
"Whatever. You won't be here next week. Nobody cares. Thanks for dropping by with your cash."

The idea of tourists that all Floridians are in the hospitality industry.

The people who suffer most from all the attitude are the locals themselves.

Mickey Mouse is from Florida. Actually, I grew up in Tennessee. There would be no Texas, if it weren't for a handful of brave Tennesseans.;)

Actually, Mickey is from California. However, I was born in Florida, live in Texas and most of my family is originally from Tennesee.

I really don't know the relevance of all that, but what the hell it's late.:S
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Do you find that interacting with these lower lifeforms enrichs your life or shortens it?? :o

depends on if their ego fits in their 10 gallon cowboy hat or not. I've had both extremes. Generally when I'm in TX working most of the people are fine. When I'm at home dealing with them as a tourist where I live, texans and californians are the worst. [:/]
------
Michael