turtlespeed

Whoah - Rockstar Supernova . . .

I would like the one of the singers to just come out and say. " I changed my mind, you guys suck! Im going to start my own band."

As great as that would be, they'd never air it....would they?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

She also seems like someone who could probably deal with the constant sexual harrassment and put him in his place.

Well, She IS a skydiver. you know she's put up with it before.

The rest of the band "supernova", man they suck. Those two original songs they did suck the big one.

Yea I agree.

THe guitar player, I forget his name. Yeah he kind of looks like Slash, guess thats his claim to fame.

his name is Gilby CLark. He used to be in a band with slash

I would like the one of the singers to just come out and say. " I changed my mind, you guys suck! Im going to start my own band."

THat is probably the best thing for them at this point. get your name out get a strong following than get kicked off and start your own band QUICKLY b4 your forgotten.
than they can do thier own thing and not be tied to a bunch of loser has-beens
My photos

My Videos

I think Ryan got about as close as they would allow to saying that last night. I agree, I think this is a great oppurtunity to get your name out there, get some spotlight, and then go out on your own. I do think the singers they have up there now, are all real good. Could definetly go there own way. Supernova is going to suck probably just as much as the new INXS. Then in about 5 years they will have a show called RockStar battle of the sucketh bands to ever suck. I was surprised to see Jason Newstead involved with this. He seemed to get out of Matellica right before they completely sold out.

I think Ryan got about as close as they would allow to saying that last night. I agree, I think this is a great oppurtunity to get your name out there, get some spotlight, and then go out on your own. I do think the singers they have up there now, are all real good. Could definetly go there own way. Supernova is going to suck probably just as much as the new INXS. Then in about 5 years they will have a show called RockStar battle of the sucketh bands to ever suck. I was surprised to see Jason Newstead involved with this. He seemed to get out of Matellica right before they completely sold out.

I don't think INXS sucks, could you tell me why you think they do?

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

There terrible. I mean thats just my opinion. If you like them thats cool. But anyway Yea I think there new music sucks. Sometimes in this world a certain thing, a band, in this instance should just leave well enough alone, go out gracefully. The temptation is always there to rekindle the past glory. But perhaps they legitimately thought they had something to offer. Personally I dont believe that..its about the benjamins.
Im talking about there new stuff...Crap
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-252932-videos--INXS

Dilana tore a calf muscle, was carried out onto the stage, did "Behind Blue Eyes" and an original. Both pretty good.

Magni did "Back in the USSR" and an original and rocked both of them.

Storm did "Suffragette City" Dave Navarro joined her on guitar and an original that SN loved. I didn't care for her performances that much.

Lukas did "Living on a Prayer" ...very slow version. and an original that gave me the yawns but SN loved it.

Toby did ?? I can't remember but his original was a great performance as far as audience participation and interaction. SN was impressed with how he engages the audience...something that they will need.

I think he and Magni are now the front runners.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I really hated Lukas' performances...what the hell was that crap? The guy can't sing. The Bon Jovi song was pathetic. I was laughing and wincing during both songs! It looked like Tommy Lee was laughing during it too.

I still think Storm is awfully blah and can't sing well either.

Liked Dilana's "Blue Eyes" but not her original. She did ok but not fantastic.

Liked Toby's original...catchy and he was energetic and got he crowd into it. The Killers is hard to do live I would think...just b/c their tracks are very "produced" but I thought he did a decent job.

Magni just kind of wanders slowly and aimlessly around the stage -- he isn't fun to watch. Someone give that guy a Red Bull!

I'd get rid of Lukas or Storm and give Magni some Red Bull and another chance next week. ;)

Most bizzare moment: Either the entirety of Lukas' performances OR Tommy Lee grabbing Toby's ass. :D

Thanks for the warning post before your real post.

I struggled thru the whole show to NOT open it.

I was numb thru most of the show.

I like Storms original- it was Different but not a SN song.

Lukas- well, I thought it was a little boy bellyaching about his mommy but it did show he can be emotionally charged. still don't like him.

Dilana- she's a great performer but she may not have enough creativity to pull this off. I dont even remember her song and the show just ended.

Magni-Boring. Very.

Toby is growing on me. At least he had a hook and he did engage the audience.

I am growing tired of the whole band already though. and the two songs I heard themplay were fucking horrific.

Dave is annoying(not in the band, I know)
Tommy is worse
Jason and Gilby look as bored with the whole thing as I am.

the most refreshing part was watching the contestants play their own music.

So I wonder how the new season of HOUSE is.B|
My photos

My Videos

It is so nice to come here and read these reviews!!! Most other boards are all ga-ga over Lukas. He still creeps me out and I can't understand half of what he sings! I thought Toby rocked both songs. Storm did surprisingly well! Dilana, I still like her voice and she did okay tonight but not wow! Magni doesn't have the best stage performance, but I still like his voice. I don't really care who this band chooses. This has just been good entertainment!

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Just watching it now, Dilana, and Magni sing well but as mentioned Magni needs to start performing, Storms original was pretty good but her voice was all wrong for a Bowie song (from a Long time Bowie fan opinion) Lukas just BLOWS:| (smashing pumkpkins wannabe)
Toby well, he does get the crowd going but singer wise I think Dilana and Magi out sing him.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Out of all the shows, you picked an elimination show to watch? Reconsider and watch a performance show next time!!!

OK, so I watched last night's show.

It's difficult to watch for two reasons:

1. I can stand American Idol b/c you can't "ruin" pop for me. It's pop either way.:D With rock, I'm far too critical. I love all types of music but I've always preferred rock.

2. How am I supposed to take any show seriously w/ Dave Navarro and Tommy Lee as judges?:S Bad black eyeliner jokes aside though...

Here's my review:

My opinion of the singers almost did a 180.

Dilana bored me. And I could see the worried look on her face the entire show. She should be. Her voice rocks, but her original was BOR-ING!

In fact, that was the theme for me with most of the songs last night---BOR-ING!

Both Magni's songs lacked anything special, as well. But I'm a little mad at Mag. My gaydar is normally right on point and with Magni it's static; not moving a budge to either the "yay" or "nay" category. Thus, my guess is he's bi. I know he at least likesa the boys a little.:P Either that or he's Jim Morrison in disguise. Which is cool; it makes me like him more. I love the gays.:D So for now, after last night's show, I'll switch my vote from Dilana to Magni.:)
Storm still annoys me with her gestures and ridiculousness. But, I will give her this: Her original was my favorite last night. She rocked it; and it was a good song to be rocked. Loved it! But I'm SOOOOO tired of seeing her on the sidelines throwing her hands like a rap star and singing along w/ the other singers. Sit down, Storm! SIT DOWN!>:(

Lucas? Good Lord! His Bon Jovi sent me to bed; literally. I normally go to bed at 9 but stayed up b/c Hooked used three exclamation points, and well, I just couldn't deny that.;)...
But I turned the TV on the in the bedroom just in time to hear Lucas' awful original. Buh-bye Sex-Pistol wanna be.

Then Toby. Once again, BOR-ING. I can't believe the judges loved his original.:S Wait...it's Tommy Lee and Dave Navarro. OK, I believe. His original sucked, pardon my french. I love how Navarro was all "It's instantly memorable." And I'm all "No, Dave. It's instantly nursery-rhymical." The catchy "Oooo. Oooos" reminded me of a flash-back of (and not a good homage to) Billy Idol. I mean, seriously, Toby's original was about as rock as the Go-Go's are punk.[:/]

And that's my story.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Carrie, you know Magni has a wife and kid, right? He does not come across as gay at all to me. He was boring on his cover song in my opinion.

Lukas is a suicide waiting to happen. I hear you on the "Smashing Pumpkins" shit! I despise that group and Lukas seemed like he was doing everything in his power to sound "more" Canadian and retarded like Billy (formerly of Smashing Pumpkins). I hate whiney songs.

Storm just sucks. Her cover was pathetic. I hate the sound of her "regular" singing voice.

Dilana's "my calf is torn" display bugged me. I didn't see any indication of banaging under her clothes; did you? That may have been a bit of a ruse.

I thought Toby did the best overall last night.

I really hope Storm goes home tonight.

Yeaher Calf act was annoying. its all been about distraction since she became "the Bitch"

The only reason I gave her slack was because I figured if they announced it (they did) that she actually saw a Dr.

but the dude carrying her out was fucking ridiculous.

she needs to get over her Queen complex[:/]

It bothers me because she was my fav until they got to the creative parts. now she's trying to distract us.
My photos

My Videos

Last nights show was sad.

very very sad.

Props to Dilana for toughing out the pain.

I wonder if they prescribed pain killers for her?
Did you see her right pupil? VERY dialated.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I like Dilana, but all the drama is just Over The Top! I don't buy it for a second- it just stinks of audience manipulation. First she's the bitch, and now she's the hero, performing while she's injured. Whatever...... Aside from being carried on stage and hopping through her original, I liked her performance AND her original song. I think Gilby's harsh criticism is just more drama- trying to make her appear like some sort of underdog instead of the hands on favorite. People got sick of them fawning all over her!

Best original song of the night has to go to Toby, though- although his vocals were off during Mr. Brightside- just a lot of screaching.

Lukas- just plain scary and bad. B|

Storm? whatever...... vocals were off during the first song and I don't even remember her original. But, I like her personality. She seems like she'd be fun to hang with.

Magni- I thought he was pretty forgettable last night too. And maybe just a little too intense. "I'm Magni, bald brooding intense guy with a great voice! Pick me even though my personality is lacking!"

To elaborate; I see her potential hotness.

I think all the rockers and their looks are a little silly.:S

My guess is that she has a tremendously low self esteem.

Most definitely my suspicion, too.[:/]

But, to each their own on the whole "look" thing. I just hate when someone buys into an "image" b/c they think that's how rockers look, dress, etc. And then there's just this one girl I always think of that works at the bagel shop we frequent. She is SO beautiful--at least her face--her body would be, too, if it weren't COVERED in tattoos.:S She can't be more than 20 years old and she wears "Misfits" Ts all the time. She makes me want to cry.:( I don't mean that in a bad way; I understand self-expression, blah, blah, blah, but that kind of expression, I believe, is best saved for the later years.

I can't start picking on any one thing about Storm; I just don't have the time.:D

She is, imo, all sorts of confused and ridiculous. Oh, it saddens me. Like the Fergie Ferg of rock; only Ferg is just a little better.:S

You know I watched it last night and the Ausi kid was good, and the hot blond chick wearing a hat was awesome well at least the lady song she did that I saw.

I watched American Idle but rock start I have some issues with.
Being a front man for a band a rock band means you are your own person, You are not there to fit in but to be who you are. When they give the advice and ask them to change and they do I think it is a huge disappointment. Pop yes but rock is all about attitude,the message if you have one, and not to mention the obvious talent.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I watched American Idle but rock start I have some issues with

That's kinda what I said, too. You can't ruin pop for me. It's just pop. It's cool and it has its place and all, but rock is an entirely different animal. It's a little strange to see them competeting Idol-style b/c I just don't think it can be done that way.

For what it is, I just don't see anything new, anything creative or anyone with a unique image to contribute. They're the same tired shiz I feel like I've seen a million times.:S

I don't tend to like bands b/c they sound like another band I like. Just like I don't care for some of these cats who all have great pipes but no originality.