tharv17

Anyone besides me really excited about Hockey season?

Hells ya!!!! I'm excited! It's got to be obvious who my team is. We picked up a bunch of talent over the off season so hopefully we'll be seeing a little of Lord Stanley's Cup in St. Paul! Hell, not a little...a lot!!

But am I sad that I gave up my partial season ticket for skydiving. It was a very tough decision but the right one.

I LOVE hockey! Where's Shell?? That's another person with the right priorities around here. . . .

I'm in Avalanche country and I do like them, but I actually get more excited about a lot of the Eastern Conference teams. But, Bobbi, I feel your pain about the South and hockey. I lived in Atlanta for three years and the locals just didn't seem to quite know what to do with the sport. I've been away for a while, though, so maybe it's better now.
TPM Sister #102

Do you think its picking up at all in the deep south? I know Carolina is not deep south but its "The South" to me and they just won the cup.

I interned at the ECHL a while ago and they have a ton of southern teams that had good attendance records. Even here in NY though the coverage of the Rangers who have a hardcore following is more limited than ever. :(

I think the games are going to be on OLN again this year, although the network is changing its name to "Versus."

Can not wait until Thursday, or even the pre-season game tonight.

The Thrashers do alright here in ATL, but still not setting any records. I like to go so I can be loud, drunk, and abusive, and fit in with everyone else! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Da Knights... I have been a Penguins fan in the past, but now we have a Calgary farm team, so I'm liken' the local boys and said affiliates...

However, I will watch any playoff game. It's a bloodsport at that point...

-Hixxx

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

My poison is the Red Wings. Or the other Original Six teams if the Wings are not playing. I work with 'Hawks and Wild fans so...

It's going to be a fun hockey season.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Flyers!!

BUT, I have to admit...hockey is not all that popular down here in the deep South.:S So its tough when you don't have anyone to share your enthusiasm with.

Bobbi

In the Deep South, you've got the Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightening and the Atlanta Thrashers. A bit North, you have the Carolina Hurricanes and the Nashville Predators. With all the 'snow-birds', the Southern teams get a lot of support.

Chuck

Flyers!!

BUT, I have to admit...hockey is not all that popular down here in the deep South.:S So its tough when you don't have anyone to share your enthusiasm with.

Bobbi

Woohoo!! Flyers! I'm hoping for a good season. I just heard about Niittymaki, I hope he's alright to play because I don't really like Esche.