mgoldade

CSPA Rigger A course

Rob Warner would like to hold a Rigger A course in the last week of April at CYPK Pitt Meadows, BC. All interested parties can contact [email protected] or Marcus Goldade at [email protected]
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
Larsen & Brusgaard Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR

Come on guys, we need some people to fill the course. Who's serious about getting their riggers rating?
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
Larsen & Brusgaard Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR

A CSPA Rigger A Course typically costs $500, that includes all lectures and a CSPA Riger Information Package, but candidates are responsible for all their other travel, lodging, eating, drinking and carousing expenses.
The course usually requires five days of lectures, interspersed with practical exercises. Hint: the more homework (self-study) candidates have done, the quicker lectures progress. We usually start lectures Monday morning and finish jawing Friday afternoon, then review and start testing Saturday morning. Reserve the days before and after for travelling.

Sorry, but I do not have a calendar handy, but if sufficient candidates (4 to 6) express interest (hint: $$$$) then I would like to host one course the last week of April 2007 in Pitt Meadows, BC and another course, the first week of November in Dunnville, Ontaria.

Dont forget people there is more to it then just getting a course under your belts....

Going from memory here so dont scream at me if I am wrong....need a B CoP...need 120 jumps....need to have packed 10 reserves under direct supervision of a rigger.

I wana do a rigger A course myself but finding the time to commit to it is hard.....let alone the $$.

I just finished the course, and to extend what Denren said, it is a lot of work. There are pre-requisites, but personally I don't think that's the big issue. There is way more to learn than you can squeeze into five days. Read your Poynters manuals (obsesively), study CSPA technical bullitens, manufacturer service bullitens, and manufacturer manuals. Ask all the questions about gear you can, and never stop trying to learn new stuff. I'm sure that Rob will fill you in big time too, he's an excellent rigger, and from what I've heard, an awesome rigger instructor.
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

Going from memory here so dont scream at me if I am wrong....need a B CoP...need 120 jumps....need to have packed 10 reserves under direct supervision of a rigger.

Don't need the 120 jumps, the rest is correct.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg