MrFreefall383

Women = insanity

They used to drive me crazy then I just gave up on trying to understand them and accept them for who/what they are.... now they don't bother me.

Yes, we can be just as confusing and frustrating to them too so you may as well accept that as well...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Ya gotta give us more than that man, what'd she do?

OK, I'll give you more. Met the chick through my jump instructor while I was still on student status. Somewhere along the line, I started having feelings for her. When I expressed my feelings finally, she said she was still waiting for her guy in Iraq. I expected that, because I knew it was still sort of up in the air. However, since that time, she seems to have only become more certain that she wants to be with him. Every conversation we have about that particular issue just seems to rub salt in that big ugly wound in my heart. Not that she's noticed, or not that she cares if she has noticed, but yet again, here I am feeling like I was never meant to find that right person. :S
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Women? :S I would just say the opposite sex or just 'love interests' in general at times. I think it goes both ways sugar. Hey, for what it's worth, I hope it gets better for you, whatever the deal. ;)

It is a known fact that men do *not* drive women crazy.

Walt

OK, I'll give you more. Met the chick through my jump instructor while I was still on student status. Somewhere along the line, I started having feelings for her. When I expressed my feelings finally, she said she was still waiting for her guy in Iraq. I expected that, because I knew it was still sort of up in the air. However, since that time, she seems to have only become more certain that she wants to be with him. Every conversation we have about that particular issue just seems to rub salt in that big ugly wound in my heart. Not that she's noticed, or not that she cares if she has noticed, but yet again, here I am feeling like I was never meant to find that right person. :S

Dude

Your never going to find that "right person" if your looking in the wrong places:S

BTW imo lurking a SO who's trying to wait for someone to come home from the sand box is bad juju.[:/]

R.I.P.

yeah dude its fucked up that your after a women whos got a man thats thousand of miles away and facing the prospect of dying. don't be a jodie. i have a friend whos about to lose his GF because her coworker is feeding her a line of BS and theres nothing he can do about it. were all just victims of circumstance i guess
Fly it like you stole it

I have to agree with the others in the crowd... you're not only barking up the wrong tree... what you're doing isn't overly cool.

I do simpathise that you have taken a liking to this girl but be the bigger man and have some respect for her and her SO.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I do simpathise that you have taken a liking to this girl but be the bigger man and have some respect for her and her SO.

Hypothetical question: he falls for her, she falls for him. Is it better she pretends nothing is happening, and plays the part with her BF, although she'd rather be with someone else?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Hypothetical question: he falls for her, she falls for him. Is it better she pretends nothing is happening, and plays the part with her BF, although she'd rather be with someone else?

it doesn't sound like that's the case but... I personally know of situations where that sort of thing has happened... and I know if I was the guy that seduced a girl away from another guy... I'm not entirely sure I would be able to completely trust the girl.

and trust is a very important comodity in relationships.

but that's just my take on it... and I really couldn't tell you... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I’m with the guys on this one, move on… there are plenty of fish in the sea. Maybe the problem is you are looking for what you think is the “right” person. Open yourself up a bit to some more opportunities. If you have in your head that certain qualities equal “right” you may be picking the wrong women based on a set of qualities that you realize later doesn’t really matter.

And Walt, I am living proof – yes, Men DO drive women CRAZY!!!! I’m a nut bar! :P:):):o
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

OK, I'll give you more. Met the chick through my jump instructor while I was still on student status. Somewhere along the line, I started having feelings for her. When I expressed my feelings finally, she said she was still waiting for her guy in Iraq. I expected that, because I knew it was still sort of up in the air. However, since that time, she seems to have only become more certain that she wants to be with him. Every conversation we have about that particular issue just seems to rub salt in that big ugly wound in my heart. Not that she's noticed, or not that she cares if she has noticed, but yet again, here I am feeling like I was never meant to find that right person.

Holy crap.... this is the story yet you are blaming the insanity on her????? Sounds like she's a hell of a woman, having the patience to deal with a long distance relationship and being completely faithful to the guy. If you care for her so much, respect her fidelity instead of wallowing in selfish lust.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

How is the woman insane for that? Your the one who is still sticking aroud when she told you there was someone else. Sounds like you may be the insane one.

Now I am not saying that she may not be leading you on or you are completley at fault for waht is going on, but if she told you that there was someone else then you need to step back and tell her that you are steping back.

She will either come back to you or leave you alone. But do not stick around and wait for her to decide. It is not fair to you.

Don't worry about finding the right person. It WILL happen............. just live your life and you will be surprised.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Dude- Take my word for it. Do yourself a favor and don't look for comfort or advice on relationships in here.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Dude- Take my word for it. Do yourself a favor and don't look for comfort or advice on relationships in here.

Thanks for the warning. Not that it does much good this late in the game, but thanks.

As for those who think I'm an asshole, I can't stop you from thinking that. What I can say is that before I told her my feelings, I prefaced it with the fact that I promised myself I would never come between two people in a good relationship, which made it really difficult for me to even decide to tell her. She assuaged my apprehension by saying, "Well, at this point I'm not exactly sure he and I are really in a relationship, but I'm glad you were concerned enough to think about that."

So when she said she was going to wait for him to get back from Iraq before anything might happen between us, I said, "That's fine, I won't say another word about it until you're ready to talk about it." We left it at that, and I was fine with it until about two days ago. The insanity is not something I'm blaming on her, but on myself for letting this get to me. This is the one thing in my life that I truly have no control over.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

she said she was still waiting for her guy in Iraq. :S

Don't be an asshole. Leave her alone.

That's the final verdict. I was an asshole, am an asshole, and always will be an asshole for what I did. The burden is no longer on me alone, for which I feel awful. To those who might have figured out the connections in this thread, you can direct any negative commentary toward me alone. For those who haven't, the same applies. Make with the flame-broiling, I deserve it. [:/]

I'm sorry to have to post under these circumstances, but I'm the chick in question here.

First, let me start off by saying that I resent my business being aired out on a message board because I was doing the right thing by someone I care a lot about. From the very first conversation I had with Dave, he was aware of my boyfriend. Although things weren't super concrete as to what was going to happen with him, I was in no way, shape, or form considering looking elsewhere for anything. I had made it clear that I was planning on waiting for my boyfriend, and in the stress of preparing for the deployment, some things were said that lead to some confusion. It was all cleared up fairly soon, however. When Dave told me how he felt, I first didn't really know what to say other than that I was intent on waiting for my bf and nothing can happen because of that, regardless of how strongly he feels for me, I feel strongly for my bf. My bf and I stayed in as close contact as really possible during the time he was gone, and needless to say I was thrilled when he told me he was getting on a plane to leave Iraq.

I guess everything changed when I was happy that my boyfriend had left Iraq to return home, which was a couple days before that 2-day mark Dave has mentioned. The past 7 months have been the most difficult in my life, and I was able to enjoy all the comforts of home. I can only imagine the hell that my boyfriend had to endure (I don't really think I want to know the whole story) and would never ever consider doing anything to make his time in Iraq any more difficult.

I've already gotten phone calls asking if I've seen the thread, so there is no reason to pretend that it does not pertain to me. I wanted to try to remain out of it, but I dislike people putting forth information about me that makes me look like a cruel-hearted biotch.

Edited for spelling and grammar (sorry I'm a dork and had to):P

Ginger,

Really no reason you had to explain anything to any of us... Good luck with your man.

Dave,

Sorry dude that you fell for a gal who is taken. Mop up the heart and find that gal who is right for you!!!!

NO MORE AS THE PROP TURNS mmmmmkay!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

You look fine. You've done nothing wrong. You stayed true to yourself and your boyfriend.

Dave needed to vent and he picked a bad place to do it. Dave, dude, get yourself some friends you can trust and relate to, and tell it to them, not the whole world.

No one's been an asshole yet. Let's stop digging and shut this thing down now. How's that sound?

If not, that's cool. I've got plenty of popcorn. [munch]

:|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Ginger,

Really no reason you had to explain anything to any of us... Good luck with your man.

Dave,

Sorry dude that you fell for a gal who is taken. Mop up the heart and find that gal who is right for you!!!!

NO MORE AS THE PROP TURNS mmmmmkay!

g

Understood, point taken. Sorry I caused such craziness.

You look fine. You've done nothing wrong. You stayed true to yourself and your boyfriend.

Dave needed to vent and he picked a bad place to do it. Dave, dude, get yourself some friends you can trust and relate to, and tell it to them, not the whole world.

No one's been an asshole yet. Let's stop digging and shut this thing down now. How's that sound?

If not, that's cool. I've got plenty of popcorn. [munch]

:|

Yeah, nothing more to say.