jasonRose

IHOP at Perris..

Dude - Atlanta will be more fun than Perris the first weekend of November, if for no other reason than I'll be there. B|

Blues,
Dave

When you start doing this stuff more I will follow you around the GLOBE!!B|B|:P
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3473962518303001790&hl=en-GB
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Dude - Atlanta will be more fun than Perris the first weekend of November, if for no other reason than I'll be there. B|

I see what you mean...there probably won't be any of that where I'm going. It's only called the Atlanta Freeflight Festival or some such thing.

Check it ... bitch. :P:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I see what you mean...there probably won't be any of that where I'm going. It's only called the Atlanta Freeflight Festival or some such thing.

Check it ... bitch. :P:D

Blues,
Dave

LOL... My guess is that you will be doing one of three things.;)

1) Tandems
2) Belly Flying
3) Drinking mass amounts of some tasty beverage.

And if you are extremely lucky you might be knocking the dust off your pecker with something besides your hand.;);)

I am getting some HD coaching in Perris thus the trip. Although Alanta looks like a blast!! B|B|

LOL... My guess is that you will be doing one of three things.;)

1) Tandems
2) Belly Flying
3) Drinking mass amounts of some tasty beverage.

And if you are extremely lucky you might be knocking the dust off your pecker with something besides your hand.;);)

I am getting some HD coaching in Perris thus the trip. Although Alanta looks like a blast!! B|B|

I will not be doing any tandems.
I will be doing lots of drinking.
My skydives will be varied and fun.
Your consideration of my pecker is flattering but quite unnecessary. :P:D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you going to STAR??

Doesn't look that way. I'm gonna try to swoop a slot on a night jump Friday, and then help clean up Davenport for the winter on Saturday and bring my trailer and a bunch of skydiving gear home. You?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I stayed there last year on Memorial Day weekend. I think it's better than Perris' bunkhouse (I didn't like the extreme lack of light in the bunkhouse). It's a nicer setup than the Eloy bunkhouse - you've got a living room and kitchen to kick around in. Plus a lovely view of the tunnel.

I think you'll be quite comfy there. Bring earplugs (though with the buzzsaw sharing the room with me when I was there, they didn't help much:D)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

it's a house with a frat house feel. kind of like a hostel. you'll have a hot shower... but it might not be the cleanest. i brought my own bedding but they have blankets & stuff.
i'd stay there again-- the tunnel is your alarm clock, the location can't be beat & the guest are pretty fun too (atleast when i stayed...)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I think it's better than Perris' bunkhouse (I didn't like the extreme lack of light in the bunkhouse).

how else are you supposed to sleep in the middle of the day after serious alcoholism the previous night/morning? i think the Perris bunkhouse rocks.
what!?

Bring earplugs (though with the buzzsaw sharing the room with me when I was there, they didn't help much:D)

hehhee! i forgot about that.. i had one two. i grabbed a spare set of plugs on my way out of the tunnel (they flew out while i was in there). multi-purpose!
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I've been to many DZ's in many countries over many years. I had planned to stay in the Perris IHOP for a week over New year 2004/2005. I spent one night there. Had people sleeping in my bed when I got in at 21h00, my stuff moved all over the place, noise, crowding, stench and dirt. I moved the following morning.

I'd never do it again. There is something about the English abroad which I cannot stand, and Perris that time of year seems like a Mecca for them.

t

Edit to add - I can have a bit of an impulse control problem, can be very territorial and have almost constant violence fantasies. :)
I was worried I would do something I would regret. I don't like hearing someone say "Well I'm here now. Find somewhere else to sleep." especially when they are lying down, undressed and vulnerable. It seems foolish.

I prefer a bunkhouse environment where you sleep there and live somewhere else, and you know at least the bunk is yours. The weather also sucked that week, so most people were staying there 24/7. This "hang around and share everything" mindset doesn't work for me, so more my failing than the IHOP's.
It's the year of the Pig.

I'm a bit further down the street from the IHOP, but right across from it a large electrical contractor moved in over the last few months.

You know that "beeping" sound that big trucks make when they back up? Well they have some type of loaders over there that start doing that at 4:00 AM and it never stops. There's no way you are going to sleep through it, ear plugs or not. (Weekends are all right because they are closed.)

It's waking us up in the Ghetto (and we sleep hard in the Ghetto) and we are thinking of getting signs and doing some protesting . . . And the IHOP is a lot closer than we are.

If you are looking for something better, and you have a car or bicycle, PM me for a phone number.

I know a local jumper who bought a nice modern home in the neighborhood up behind the railroad museum just for visiting jumpers. (I'm not $$$ involved in it).

It's cheaper than the IHOP and depending on when you come it's possible to have the whole place to yourself. I stayed there for a month once and it's great. It's very clean; you get a dedicated bed, high speed internet, Sat TV, and there's toilet paper in the bathrooms.

NickD :)BASE 194

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you going to STAR??

Doesn't look that way. I'm gonna try to swoop a slot on a night jump Friday, and then help clean up Davenport for the winter on Saturday and bring my trailer and a bunch of skydiving gear home. You?

Blues,
Dave

Megans B Day:)

I'm a bit further down the street from the IHOP, but right across from it a large electrical contractor moved in over the last few months.

You know that "beeping" sound that big trucks make when they back up? Well they have some type of loaders over there that start doing that at 4:00 AM and it never stops. There's no way you are going to sleep through it, ear plugs or not. (Weekends are all right because they are closed.)

It's waking us up in the Ghetto (and we sleep hard in the Ghetto) and we are thinking of getting signs and doing some protesting . . . And the IHOP is a lot closer than we are.

If you are looking for something better, and you have a car or bicycle, PM me for a phone number.

I know a local jumper who bought a nice modern home in the neighborhood up behind the railroad museum just for visiting jumpers. (I'm not $$$ involved in it).

It's cheaper than the IHOP and depending on when you come it's possible to have the whole place to yourself. I stayed there for a month once and it's great. It's very clean; you get a dedicated bed, high speed internet, Sat TV, and there's toilet paper in the bathrooms.

NickD :)BASE 194

Thanks a ton for the offer!! I'll have a car although major consumption will take place so the closer the better to the DZ.;);)

I stayed there for about 12 days in the summer of 2004. Very affordable. I didn't notice it being particularly dirty there, but by the time I got back to my room, I was usually too tired to care.

Lots of rooms with lots of beds. You share the room with others. I was lucky. I had a center room with only 3 other people and we all kept different hours. I was doing CRW and had early mornings, so I didn't have to fight for the showers.

There is a full kitchen. 'Fridge, stove, microwave, etc. You can cook and save yourself lots of money.

If I ever get to go back to Perris, I would DEFINITELY stay there again. :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I stayed there for about 12 days in the summer of 2004. Very affordable. I didn't notice it being particularly dirty there, but by the time I got back to my room, I was usually too tired to care.

Lots of rooms with lots of beds. You share the room with others. I was lucky. I had a center room with only 3 other people and we all kept different hours. I was doing CRW and had early mornings, so I didn't have to fight for the showers.

There is a full kitchen. 'Fridge, stove, microwave, etc. You can cook and save yourself lots of money.

If I ever get to go back to Perris, I would DEFINITELY stay there again. :)

Comunity fridge means Beer is not safe right!!

Any one here crash there?

Would you do it again? Do they have hot showers?

Is it better/same than Eloys sleeping facilities?B|B|

Just curious, I'm heading down there first weekend of November to go play!!!!

B|B|

I spent 5 nights there in Sept. for Top Gun. It was just fine, showers, kitchen, clean enough...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I stayed there for 2 weeks last year and would definetly stay there again.

Also there is a Spa......

The only negative thing is that the IHOP is next to the tunnel, so if you are hoping to sleep in, then best put your ear plugs in....
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+