ACMESkydiver

Iget SCAMMED on the internet then they say they are sending my info to a public 'chargeback customer' until I drop the charges!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS INCREDIBLE BULLSHIT?!?

Please accept this email as a confirmation we have received your
chargeback request.

As an ongoing combat against internet fraud, all known information about
the internet transaction you have recently charged back will be reported
to chargebackbureau.org and filed securely in their database for future
access to all members.

This is a simple protection mechanism for all internet merchants looking
to protect themselves against repetitive chargebacks, internet fraud and
abusive behavior of the current chargeback system.

If you do not want this information made public you must contact your
bank and/or the person you have reported this chargeback to as they are
the only ones who can cancel your original chargeback request thus
canceling out your entry to the abovementioned database.

The removal procedure is trouble-free: once we've received confirmation
that your dispute has been cancelled, we will initiate and confirm the
removal process in a maximum of 4-5 business days.

We understand you may still have some unresolved issues or
misunderstandings concerning your original purchase therefore, you are
encouraged to contact our support team at the number below stating the
reference number on the attached receipt; one of our chargeback agents
will be happy to offer you a friendly resolution.

Please note all reports older than 60 days will be shared with several
credit bureaus worldwide to ensure no fraudulent chargebacks on the
aforementioned credit card account are conducted.

Sincerely,

Chargeback Department
[email protected]
1-866-488-0786

This is all STILL from that damn ITunes I tried to purchase from a bogus internet site. I clicked to pay for $23.62 or whatever it was JUST for the one program. I UNCLICKED all of their NUMEROUS 'add-ons'. I confirmed the total and hit 'buy'.

The fuckers tell me that my credit card will be billed $52.19 for products A, B, and C when I clearly confrimed the total for product 'A' only.

Not surprisingly, the 'customer service' toll free number wasn't working (no answer, no answer machine). E-mails that I sent to them went unresponded to until the bullshit I just posted above...which they still have NOT refunded, BTW!!!

Mother f*ckers...I HATE thieves!!! >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

I am SURE they are violating some kind of privacy law, but being an internet BS company, I can't even find what state to try to call the Attorney General for...

BTW, I am STILL on hold with their 'support team', which immediately tells you that your wait will be greater than 10 minutes...absolute fuckers.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Yea you got bent-over and they didn't even kiss you.

marketengines.com = a Canadian company that specializes in generating ecommerce revenues from web sites.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Welcome to the world of identity theft...

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

Whatever you do, don't cancel the charge back!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about their threats, I'd worry more about who they're going to sell your information to. I'd expect alot of junk mail and spam in the future.

Good luck,
Jeff

ps- cancel your credit card... [:/]
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Why would you buy Itunes from a bogus site when it is a free download?

I would recommend not buying things from BOGUS sites again.

Because I am STUPID, bigway!!! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!

I googled 'Itunes'. I get a site that is something like 'ITunesfreedownload' or some shit that looks official enough to me...then the thing says I have to have a 1yr or something memebership and can download all of the music I want...blah blah blah. I thought you were required to buy a membership to get ITunes at all. I AM STUPID!!! >:(

That's when everything goes to HELL!! >:(>:(>:(

I just got off the phone with this Canadian customer service bullshit...the guy says they ARe myFreedownload.com, then says they aren't, that they just represent them...and that isn't their real business name anyway, it's freedownloadsite.com, which is another division of their department of affiliates within this comany...

I fucking hate thieves. And I hate it even MORE when I am stupid enough to fall for their BS!!!!! >:(>:(
~Jaye

ps- cancel your credit card... [:/]

Dammit I JUST memorized this card number. >:(

I had someone physically steal my ID last year (driver's license) which lead to getting my account info (police think they drove to my residence and took junk mail or receipts from my trash) and that whole fucking fiasco took years off of my life from the stress. >:(
~Jaye

I found this:

http://www.legalunderground.com/2004/01/easymusicdownlo.html

Pretty much what you're going through now.

Signed up for 360SharePro through a facade iTunes web site - went dead almost immediately, and NO customer support links worked. After cancelling the charges, I recieved a threatening e-mail from [email protected] indicating that if I don't cancel the request, my report will be distributed to all online merchants at chargebackbureau.org, and that the information would be shared with "several credit bureaus worldwide".

Checking it out, I see that the thug service they provide costs the scammers a mere $10 per month. What a Country!

Advice - if you're looking for iTunes, be sure it's the Apple iTunes web site.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I just reported MarketEngines, aka all these other companies on a "Rip-off Report" site. Let's inundate their site with this fraudulent company, maybe they'll get them even sooner. I also posted this site on the report to get more information.

Go there now to report them: http://www.ripoffreport.com/

Here's the company info I have:
MarketEngines
4700 De la Savane #210
Montreal, QC Canada H4P 1T7
866-488-0787 (message saying lines are down)
866-240-2481
800-441-7681

I found this:

http://www.legalunderground.com/2004/01/easymusicdownlo.html

Pretty much what you're going through now.

Signed up for 360SharePro through a facade iTunes web site - went dead almost immediately, and NO customer support links worked. After cancelling the charges, I recieved a threatening e-mail from [email protected] indicating that if I don't cancel the request, my report will be distributed to all online merchants at chargebackbureau.org, and that the information would be shared with "several credit bureaus worldwide".

Checking it out, I see that the thug service they provide costs the scammers a mere $10 per month. What a Country!

Advice - if you're looking for iTunes, be sure it's the Apple iTunes web site.

Wow, you're pretty useful, Slappie! I'll keep you around. :ph34r:

-And I'll post a report on 'Rip Off Reports', too. Maybe somebody will be saved from these snakes. :(
~Jaye

reminds me of when I went to the bahamas and used my credit card to rent a scooter. a year later I got a $2500 bill from AOL, my indentity has been stolen. 5 hours later on the phone with AOL, all charges dropped.

my advice though, call your credit card company immediately, dispute the charge, and freeze the account.

While we are on the subject of online scams, I'd just like to post this little link http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8754.html
This company has been using the "bait and switch' tactic on everyone.

This link may have been posted before but I want those who a new to shopping online to know what kind of tricks to look out for.

Hope that may help some.

DO NOT PAY.

It's just an attempt to try and close their scam. For a start I am deeply suspicious of “chargeback.org” - WTF is it an org? Company's should have .com or .biz.

'Chargebacks' are a big deal to the card issuer, which is usually your bank. Basically it means the merchant has ripped off their customer and their investigation has substantiated this claim. Rather than the card issuer carry they can, they simply reverse it and note it. Too many reversals and they will refuse to deal with the merchant, similarly the first year as a merchant you pay up to 5% for each transaction. If you have zero reversals you can renegotiate this.

The merchant "publicly" listing this information is basically admitting that they ripped you off. That says more about them than you.

I’d have some fun and say you will report the issue as fraud to the relevant Police, similarly if they do publicly list you as defrauding them: You will sue them for deformation. One day they will get a rich eccentric that will sue just for the sport – make them think you are that person.

Find out who their ISP is and complain to them. When the hastle is greater than the income: ISP's will drop the customer.

Next just to be nasty, find out all the internal emails that you can and post them on newsgroups - bots scan newsgroups for email addresses and then put them on spam lists.

Fraud is very common - sites often identical to the real ones but not the real ones. Be carefull.

B.
Blue Dreams Benno

WTF is it an org? Company's should have .com or .biz.

www.nzpf.org

Notice the .org?
i know this is not a company but many companies have it. Please explain what is wrong with .org?

there is .org
.co.uk and other countries
.com
.tv
.biz

.org is not something to be suspicious of.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I’d have some fun and say you will report the issue as fraud to the relevant Police, similarly if they do publicly list you as defrauding them: You will sue them for deformation.

Only if they mangle me, sweetheart. Otherwise I might sue them for defamation. :P (j/k, everyone on here knows that I should be about the last person to poke fun at spelling blunders...I am drinking a big double cup of coffee and am a little too punchy for my own good right now. >:(:D)

One day they will get a rich eccentric that will sue just for the sport – make them think you are that person.

In a way I tried -:). I asked him what state the 'real' company is in so I could alert the attorney general, and when he told me that I would have to go talk to my bank as it was posted as a 'chargeback', I told him I would refute the bank's reimbursement and take the $51.29 loss myself so that I had legal grounds to pursue this with the authorities. :ph34r: He just kept telling me that the bank was going to send me to this bogus chargebackbureau.org and 'several' credit reporting agencies...I called his bluff and said, "Buddy, I WORKED for my bank! I know what we do with chargebacks!" :D

Anyhoo...it's still a pain in my ass. >:(>:(

PS to Phree & all...yes I noticed the '.org' as well, however my business E-mail is '@(company).org', so it looked like they were trying to use a 'not-for-profit' front (I use a not-for-profit company that provides my e-mail service).

>sigh<...
~Jaye

I just reported MarketEngines, aka all these other companies on a "Rip-off Report" site. Let's inundate their site with this fraudulent company, maybe they'll get them even sooner. I also posted this site on the report to get more information.

Go there now to report them: http://www.ripoffreport.com/

Here's the company info I have:
MarketEngines
4700 De la Savane #210
Montreal, QC Canada H4P 1T7
866-488-0787 (message saying lines are down)

I have 866-488-0768 as a contact# and they tell you that 'hold times are greater than 10 minutes'. I waited 13 minutes before jerky-boy answered. >:(
~Jaye