aprilcat

My Little Boy

He was always 'the baby'. He was the one that no matter what, he trusted me first for the truth and couldn't see any of my wrongs with his own eyes. He's the youngest of four and was always called 'Mama's Boy' by his brothers, but he didn't care. He loves me.

Anyway, he's been in the Navy DEP (Delayed Entry Program) for five months and he's done all required but was having a horrible time running. He worked and he agonized and he wondered and he was scared he wouldn't be entering Basic on time. Today was his last PT. I told him last night I believed in him but I prayed also.

Two stinking minutes over the allotted time. You'd think the Navy would throw him in water to see if he can swim?

~~~~~~~~~~He Passed!!!~~~~~~~~~

I support his decision wholly and I do believe in our Military. He has been talking about retiring at 39 and starting something new. He's going to be an 'Engineman'. We laughed about these and he told me he doesn't drink coffee so I told him I just look foward to his IceCream Man uniform.

I love him and I'm going to miss him and I feel like I've given this country something precious and they'd better take care of him. He leaves on Sunday, so after I finish 'wailin' I guess I can get back to having some fun (in the sky? whooo hooo!) and a REAL life of my own.

It's just awesome to see him start HIS own life...~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Congratulations on a good launch! He knows where he wants to go, and wants to get there badly enough to work at it. That's wonderful! My little boy is 23...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congrats, Aprilcat!!! How wonderful!

Ah, but letting the babies go...good gravy. I think I'll get an apartment down the street when my daughter goes off to college! :$:ph34r: I am gonna miss her!

Dang you have me all teary and it's still 8 years away. :D:D:D

-On a side note, my heart stopped a moment when I opened your post and saw the title 'My Little Boy' and 'He Passed'. Yikes, my heart jumped into my throat for a second!! :o:(:P

Here's to the navy's newest sailor, and defender of our country. :DB|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Ah, but letting the babies go...good gravy. I think I'll get an apartment down the street when my daughter goes off to college
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If he is stationed in Italy, or Germany ALL bets are off! I'm moving down the street too!

Sorry to scare you with the 'he passed' remark..that wasn't intentional.~~April

Ah, but letting the babies go...good gravy. I think I'll get an apartment down the street when my daughter goes off to college
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If he is stationed in Italy, or Germany ALL bets are off! I'm moving down the street too!

My mom was ready to buy tickets to Germany for Christmas when it looked like I was going to be there for my first tour. :P Turned out DA reassigned me to my home town so I could help my parents out after a natural disaster destroyed their home.

-Good thing, too. I was so home sick after just 5 months of training! :ph34r:

Sorry to scare you with the 'he passed' remark..that wasn't intentional.~~April

Don't worry about it; I'm just the nervous type! :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

how exciting!!!!! that is wonderful - and he is so lucky to have a mom like you :)

i wish him the best and hope he has a great experience :)

god bless our troops :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Congratulations for you and Bryant..

Trust me, he will miss you.. I bought my ticket to fly cross the country when I entered.. My parents upgraded it to 1st class without me knowing it.. That was actually a great supprise..

Get ready to send gum, cookies (enough to share), and notes that say you love him. It can be a great time in his life and I hope you are very proud..

Tom

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Kenz: Thanks, but I'm the lucky one. I have good kids that gave me the required amount of grays but they turned out well. :)
N2skdvn: Crackerjacks, Icecream...its all good and sweet ;) I can't wait to see him clean cut and in uniform!

GrandGravityMasterB: I'd love to see you and Nancy again! After he leaves and I stop crying I'm going to start my 'Run Away From Home' tour. We will have to discuss whether Niles (the 4 legged NEW baby) can come!

TEB6363: I'll send him all the cookies he can handle. By the second baking he'll be questioning who's really baking those cookies.

PLFXpert: I've been wanting to post and say something but was too nervous for him. Talking about it online would have just made the time longer. Thanks for the 'coolness' award, today I'm just happy with life in general.

Jshatzkin: He is kinda young, isn't he? Maybe I shouldn't let him go. (PSYCHE!) B|

Rkymnt: You know I was in a daze over everything and I'm just really glad he is meeting his future. For now he and the dog are rough housing in the living room and bouncing off the walls. And laughing.

Thanks all. I appreciate your well wishes and support. I have to learn to make cookies that don't turn into bricks in a half hour. I don't want them using my cookies as 'sinkers'. :D~~April

awwww... suck it up cupcake... he's a military boy now :P

You obviously did good, he's making you proud :)
I can only imagine that this is how my grandmother felt sending my dad to vietnam... its never easy. Oh the bright side, one of my husbands friends is in the 'nuclear navy' up near the north pole right now - he loves it and wouldn't come home if he was paid to :ph34r:

Jen
Arianna Frances

Hey!! Keep an eye on that little cutie of yours! Before you know it, she'll be coming to you with her 'big plan' and all you will see is that little face!

When they are little they grow up too fast then they turn into teens and you count the seconds...*sigh*.

He did do something fun for me today..he installed 'Sonic Spinball' (an old game they had that I bogarted) on my computer and I've been spending a little time trying to remember how play. Its one of those 'oooh! something shiney with bling noise' moments...Cheers!!~~April

Bryant just called and said he made it. They still have the newbies at the airport waiting for the rest of the recruits to come in from around the country. They have been in meetings all day and he sounds fine.

You don't forget that last hug and watching your kid walk away without his keys. [:/] You also don't forget the last thing you did together--packing up his PS2 and stashing all his games in my room...:D:D~~April