CanuckInUSA

Global Warming? I don't think so.

First off I don't really intend for this thread to be very political, so hopefully (there are no guarantees) it won't find it's way into the Speakers Corner.

But for anyone who's all up in arms about Global Warming, they obviously aren't in Alberta Canada right now. It's -24 C (feels like -32 C with the windchill) and for those of you who don't do metric that means it's -11 F (feels like -25 F).

Brrrr ... I tell you skydiving feels so distant right now. If it wasn't for DZ.COM I would be totally disconnected from the sport. Oh well, I need to get back to some home reno projects. I've got tons to do here on this house these next few months.

Carry on ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But for anyone who all up in arms about Global Warming, they obviously aren't in Alberta Canada right now. It's -24 C (feels like -32 C with the windchill) and for those of you who don't do metric that means it's -11 F (feels like -25 F).

Mango Mike's First Rule Of Life (TM):

Never live anywhere it gets colder than the inside of your refrigerator.

:D:D:D:D
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

First off I don't really intend for this thread to be very political, so hopefully (there are no guarantees) it won't find it's way into the Speakers Corner.

But for anyone who all up in arms about Global Warming, they obviously aren't in Alberta Canada right now. It's -24 C (feels like -32 C with the windchill) and for those of you who don't do metric that means it's -11 F (feels like -25 F).

Brrrr ... I tell you skydiving feels so distant right now. If it wasn't for DZ.COM I would be totally disconnected from the sport. Oh well, I need to get back to some home reno projects. I've got tons to do here on this house these next few months.

Carry on ...

No doubt! We're about 20 C lower than the average for this time of the year.

And yet there are still people out jogging past my place today. :S

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

You should have married an American woman while you were down here :P

Easier said than done. I dated two single moms when I was in CO (before I was jumping) and then I dated another single woman soon after I started jumping. But it was pretty obvious that dating whuffo women wasn't such a good idea. So I was left thinking that my only chance was to date a fellow jumper. But we know how the odds are stacked against the guys here and well the women around the DZ weren't interested in an alien.

Besides, I always told myself that I would never marry someone for the sake of getting a green card. Divorce is just too nasty.

We're about 20 C lower than the average for this time of the year.

You'd never know it by looking outside, and correct me if I'm wrong. But it's not even offically winter yet right? Brrrr ...

You wusses, it means there is tons of powder in the mountains. The boarding there yesterday was awesome! Just means your nose might get a little chilly...

Oh and ipods don't work at -30C :P

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

So, the fact that it's cold in the winter proves there's no global warming? Yeah, right.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Sure it gets cold in the winter. But where is Al Gore now? He sure as heck isn't in Alaska. Its the coldest its been in 2 decades. The average high for this time of year is about 30 deg F. It hasn't hit above 20 this month (maybe 1 day), and it has been averaging 5 deg F in the daytime, and -15 F at night. Its been about 25-30 deg below normal for the past 7 weeks! I don't mind it getting cold now and then, but this is January weather (and that only lasts about 2 weeks). Fairbanks has been averaging about 35 below zero for the past month. They usually don't even come close to that until January! Where's Al Gore now?

Where's Al Gore now?

I imagine he's enjoying the climate somewhere with an unusually warm autumn. ;) Note the planet is actually somewhat larger than Alaska :o, and one month, or even year for that matter, does not represent a trend. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You wusses, it means there is tons of powder in the mountains. The boarding there yesterday was awesome! Just means your nose might get a little chilly...

Oh and ipods don't work at -30C :P

I love cold when I'm skiing. Keeps the crowds away.

And I see we finally got on the podium at Lake Louise for the season opener. :)

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

And I see we finally got on the podium at Lake Louise for the season opener.

2nd place on Saturday in the Downhill and 1st place on Sunday in Super G. I guess the cold weather did work to our advantage this time around. B|

and one month, or even year for that matter, does not represent a trend. Laugh

And scientists can't even predict when it'll rain accurately, much less understand the complex cycles of the earth's climates. Look at 2006's horrible hurricane season where we had so many of the things hit the US and kill thousands? What? But that's what they said would happen...

;)

Its supposed to get all the way down to 29F this weekend for a low after the artic front comes through. *brrrrrr* Too bad the place I live at now doesn't have a fireplace (although the energy savings overall is pretty good).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'll be sporting shorts and a t-shirt when the temps warm up to a balmy 29F.

I'll be in my leathers, sweatshirt, jeans, knit cap, gloves and neck wamer thing while riding to work.

Quite possibly I'll be bitching about the cold at work as well.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."