guppie01

Shannon is set free - long but worth it

Thank you, Bob. For your journey, for loving her so much, for guiding her into forever where she waits with a smile. Thank you, Bob, for allowing us to come with you, and help you in this time.

And Shannon, thank you for teaching us one of the most important lessons - love transcends all time, space, and artificial boundaries. Your love is pure, strong, and real...and can be felt. And Shannon now is truly dancing free, with a pink boa 'round her neck, toasting all of us. She is complete now, as we are.

Bob, God bless and God speed. Know you are loved by many.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Thanks Bob for sharing this with us. Tonight I'll uncork a Ravenswood Merlot (Sonoma County Vineyard) in honor of GFD.

I don't remember what I drank the night of, but I do remember that it was something pretty nice. Tonight...I think I'll go with quantity instead. :D

Q Vineyards 01 Napa merlot raised...

I think I'll follow this bottle with a glass or two of cheap Washington red blend before popping a bottle of Graham's 6 Grapes (port). ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Thank you for posting this. I've been reading this thread but was hesitant to post. We all love Shannon and we all need to say our goodbyes our own way.

I said mine here and here with the thread bumping.

No one loves Shannon more than Bob. He gave his heart, body, soul, and his health to make sure his final goodbyes were absolutely beautiful and emotional.

I can't think of a better use of post #3000. :)

I wanted to reply earlier. I still have few words that describe my feeings for the trip that my mind has invisioned you are taking, as well as the emotions my heart has felt. All I can put forth is that she and Bob touched my heart. Watching this journey unfold as it has, has changed my views of what I knew life to be. The journey that was set in motion for me, since she touched my life have been more different than I can explain. Mostly for the good, but it seems that the influence she had has carried over more than it has not.

And now that I am making only sense to me - I'll end this with:

Fare well, you are always in the hearts of those that knew you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Outstanding effort in relaying this story while it was fresh in your mind Bob.

When i first read about this journey I wasn't really sure what it was all about - what purpose it was serve. I was a bit worried you might just get out there and go..'what the fuck am I doing here when I could be at home with friends??'

Certainly I get the picture now.

What an amazing forum this place is ; I wonder what people from other sports communities would make of it?? It has to be unrivalled.

No tears for me tonight...off for a big glass of wine a sigh and a smile.

Speedy recovery and thanks for sharing it just how it was...

Ollie

Wow. I've had goosebumps through every post in this thread. My interaction with Shannon was purely here on dz.com and i can see how she touched each and every one of us. Bob, well done. I'm glad you found what you were looking for, may Shannon live on in your heart until the end of time.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky