jumpchikk

What do you consider a relationship??

What do you consider a relationship? That's easy. You don't need a set of circumstances to define a relationship, it's simpler then that. What defines a relationship is one thing--your heart. When your heart finds someone and you're caught up in the swirl of desire and longing, heck, you're in a relationship whether there is one or not!

You're always the starter in your own life!

How nostalgic of you Douva.

A wise man once said "In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

There's something almost unbearably sexy about having huge fire-breathing magical dragons flying low about the sky on moonlit :D:D

The danger is not in choosing the wrong answer; the danger is in asking the question.

This is exactly what I was trying to say, the whole box thing was just an analogy, not something that I am actually contemplating or what I wanted this thread to be about. This really is not a thread about me, but I will admit that I have thought about this in the past and have had several discussions on this subject with male and female friends. I wanted to open it up to get a range of different perspectives because you are right, these days there seems to be a certain mindset or stigma if you will, that when you say the word “relationship”, it sets some people off. But, also, on the other end of the spectrum, you have those that believe that if they are chatting with someone over cyberspace on a regular basis and pleasantries and such are exchanged, they are in a relationship with that person, even though no such thing was discussed. They believe they have a reason to get hacked off at someone for having other friends that they talk to, etc. I think the reason for this hypersensitivity is equated to the fact that it has become customary for people to date two or three people at a time also like you said and that long-term relationships are being replaced with this casual, quasi- relationship. Maybe it’s just that, maybe relationships have evolved into something totally different than what my parents had or even what I had back in high school. I have been out of the whole relationship scene for over two years now and it’s just interesting (and scary) to see what it has turned into.

When do you decide it's time to check the "In a Relationshp" box on Myspace or change your status from single to taken?

When you both agree its time. Don't jump the gun just because you are having sex, or meeting family. You wouldn't buy a car without testing it out first. This is the process of dating. You can leave the status as single all you want. Its how you reply to the replys that matters. Never jump to conclusions on how the 2of you feel. Talk about it!
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

This is exactly what I was trying to say, the whole box thing was just an analogy, not something that I am actually contemplating or what I wanted this thread to be about. This really is not a thread about me, but I will admit that I have thought about this in the past and have had several discussions on this subject with male and female friends. I wanted to open it up to get a range of different perspectives because you are right, these days there seems to be a certain mindset or stigma if you will, that when you say the word “relationship”, it sets some people off. But, also, on the other end of the spectrum, you have those that believe that if they are chatting with someone over cyberspace on a regular basis and pleasantries and such are exchanged, they are in a relationship with that person, even though no such thing was discussed. They believe they have a reason to get hacked off at someone for having other friends that they talk to, etc. I think the reason for this hypersensitivity is equated to the fact that it has become customary for people to date two or three people at a time also like you said and that long-term relationships are being replaced with this casual, quasi- relationship. Maybe it’s just that, maybe relationships have evolved into something totally different than what my parents had or even what I had back in high school. I have been out of the whole relationship scene for over two years now and it’s just interesting (and scary) to see what it has turned into.

Can I frame this post and put it up on my wall? :$
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

The danger is not in choosing the wrong answer; the danger is in asking the question.

We attribute new meanings to words in order to make them match our changing views on life, love, and dating. Unfortunately, our views aren't always changing for the better.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Thats deep. Are you sure you're from Tennessee??? :S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

This is exactly what I was trying to say . . . .

Sounds like szomeone needs to get laid!:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If you can talk to your mom on the phone during
sex, then I think that you can safely say that you're in a relationship, unless of course you have to talk to your mother during sex, but that's a different matter all together.

[shakes head.....] talk to your mom on the phone .... during SEX.... dude. WTF!
That's so wrong that I can't stop laughing!!!!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT:

If your mom calls during sex either
1. Don't answer

B. Stop with teh sex!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT:

If your mom just about anyone calls during sex either
1. Don't answer

B. Stop with teh sex!

corrected that for ya... ;)

unless its your gf/bf... and that's another issue all together
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...