blu

active skydivers

anybody know aprox. how many active skydivers there are in the world??
and i don't mean sexually active:S

Hmmmm......non sexually active skydivers...hmm.........not too damn many I'd say;):P

So, are you saying that just because we are skydives, that we have an active sex life? I just don't get the connection. Gee..........:S
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If you don't want to talk about sex, maybe you can try putting your thread in "general skydiving discussions." Otherwise, I don't think many people will stray away from the topic you have gotten them started on ;)
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

anybody know aprox. how many active skydivers there are in the world??
and i don't mean sexually active:S

if we can refrain from thinking and talking about sex for a minute (i know it's hard), can someone take a good guess as to how many active skydivers there are around the world?

cheers

If I had to make a completely out of the blue guess, I'd put it around 50,000-75,000.. maybe less.

By "active skydivers", I'm defining it as people who are either actively seeking a licence, or are licenced and still jumping.

The one-off tandem kids aren't in that #
cavete terrae.

If I had to make a completely out of the blue guess, I'd put it around 50,000-75,000.. maybe less.

By "active skydivers", I'm defining it as people who are either actively seeking a licence, or are licenced and still jumping.

no no, tandems are definately a different beast. i would define active as jumped in the last couple of months or so.

no no, tandems are definately a different beast. i would define active as jumped in the last couple of months or so.

I would define active to mean CURRENT according to their countries particvular Federations requirememtns (E.G. ours is 6 jumps in 12 months)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

whatever the definition, it would be very hard to get a close number wouldn't it? i mean you'd have to go to the governing body of each country to get a close figure right? there is no international body?

FIMA is the international body, but i dont know if the figures are collated
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Unless sex with no one else in the room counts I have been NON sexually active since mid April. :D I'll make up for it when I come back to the States though. ;)

Were you on some kind of vow of celibacy back in July??? :S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"