cocheese

Who needs to lose some weight?

ME! Unfortunately, I can't do much of anything related to exercise for a while. I hate running but I can not WAIT to put the shoes on and do a few miles after my knee heals from the surgery. Right now all I can do is monitor the amount of food I shove in my face. :D

I seem to recall a photo of you lounging by a pool over there that you posted at some point ... what about swimming (till you have the surgery at least - I'm sure they'll expect you to keep it dry afterwards :D)?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

what about swimming

Considering there is SNOW forecasted for tomorrow.........NO THANKS. :D I'll wait until it warms up...........like in MAY!

Pussy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I lost 60lbs in 2005. The secret...diet and exercise. Burning more calories than you consume is the only way to lose weight...period. Everyone wants the get skinny quick secret to the universe. It doens't exist. Not in any healthy way anyway.

That's the fucking truth right there. From May of 2006 until September 2006 I went from 245 to 194. I'm still working for about 10 more pounds until I'm done losing. There is no quick fix. Its all about dedication, pushing yourself, and will power. Part of me scoffs at the commercials that come on television for 'easy, quick weight loss' because that's just not how it happens. Sucks that some people's plight is a marketing opportunity for some asshat selling something that we all know won't work.

Now part of my commitment to maintain and continue weight loss is that when its time to buy my own gear, larger canopies (for the 1:1 loading) cost more $$$$!!:D

Gained 5 lbs over the holidays. Lost it right back off after new year's. 5'-6" tall and 145 lbs.

I used to be 160 lbs when I was working as the company had a great cafe for breakfast and lunch.

Working around the house and keeping up with the baby doesn't give me much time to really eat, but my knees aren't complaining. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have lost almost 65 lbs over the last year...

My wife told me I had to stop, as I am getting too skinny.

For the most part, I feel MUCH better. (of course I don't look any better though :P )

Once you make a lifestyle change in your eating habits, it really isn't that difficult. It just takes discipline...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

You ARE getting too skinny! Mama likes a man with some meat on his bones!! ;):D
At least Lee doesnt call you Fat Ben anymore..

True... Now it is just "Goofy Ben"

By all means I want "Mama" HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

You coming to The Farm this weekend?

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

a new dog that doesnt bite:D:D

Those are great weight loss tools though.

We have several dogs in our neighborhood that bite. They also do not understand the "slow jog" form of exercise.

If you jog by their house, you get to sprint the next half mile or get munched. That is a great motivator.
I highly recommend it for the serious exerciser.

I am not that serious, so I carry snacks for the both me and the dogs.