sartre

Non-skydiving entertainment in AZ?

Hey, I'm looking for some good suggestions for activities for my husband while we're in Eloy. We'll have a rental car, so he can drive. He doesn't skydive, has no interest in the tunnel; so what other stuff can I suggest to him?

He does golf, and is planning on bringing his clubs. Any suggestions for a good golf course?

Any ideas would be great. No smartass stuff, though. :D:D

PS: This is my chance to show him how cool the skydiving community is. So Remi, don't blow it for me if you see us there!!!:P:P (kidding!)

Plenty of golf courses down there....

There is also the Aircraft boneyard at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson....there are tours and they have an exibit of old aircraft.

Take the drive from Coolidge down to Tucson on the road that is just on the east side of that range of mountains to the SE of the DZ.. REALLLY pretty suguaro forest over there.

Tombstone is just south of Tucson... you can check out the OK Corral.

The aircraft graveyard is great fun and you can get a tour of one of the old intercontinental ballistic missile silos. there is a park to wander around on the way to Tuscon and erm....

Or just relax with a massage at the dz.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

When are you going? Lots to do between Phoenix and Tuscon... If your coming this month, The Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction is going on in Scottsdale (http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0114auction0114a.html) , about a 1 hour drive from Eloy. If he is any kind of a car enthusiast this is the mother of all car shows/auctions. Lots of fun places to go depending on time of year.

Besides golf, what is he into?

“Oh, he occasionally takes an alcoholiday.”

Famous Irish saying...

ooh, he might like the car show. We're coming this week. Part of my problem is that he's not into a whole lot. Sports mainly. (Except the sport of skydiving....yet!).

I think he'd be willing to hit a car show. As for hiking, all by himself, probably not.

But keep the suggestions coming. I'll print them out for him and see what sounds good to him.

If he would like the car show I would highly recommend it! it turns into a hell of a party. This year is supposed to be bigger than ever it's cool to people watch too. Lots of movie and sports celebrities always attend, Lots of fun and good scenery,!

Another thought, There is a Harley Davidson shop in Chandler, a South suburb of Phoenix (about 30-40 min. from Eloy) They have a great fleet of rental Motorcycles. He could ride during the day and out to the DZ. This is assuming that it warms a little. Today I woke up to 19F temp. not 119F (as we have in the summer) 19F.....Burr, I almost had to put on a pair a long pants... I think I only own one pair, gotta find 'em.

Famous Irish saying...

Pronounced "saw-war-o"

And that is a good idea! This is "road trip heaven" lots of cool back-road drives with a lot of scenery..

I'll try and think of some good places to go not too far out of Eloy.

We'll try and warm things up a little for you in the mean time;)

Famous Irish saying...

We'll try and warm things up a little for you in the mean time;)

Please do!! Although here it's currently snowing and the temp is in the single digits, so I guess I should be happy with your projected highs in the 50's & 60's. Any tips on what to plan on wearing underneath the jumpsuit?

Don't forget, there is always that big ass ditch they have out there that he could go look at. I think they call it Grand something or other:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

"Any tips on what to plan on wearing underneath the jumpsuit?"

HMMM... Something the medics could appreciate when they are treating you on the way to the ER with a shattered pelvis. I'm thinking Perla! Sassy yet expensive. Or anything frilly and crotchless.....:o.

ooohhh, actually I think it's been warmer at altitude than standing on the tarmac. Maybe just a neck warmer for the ride up.

Famous Irish saying...

Careful! Don't jinx me. I've walked away from some very hard landings in my very brief skydiving career. I've found mud puddles to land in, farmers irrigation ditches, those bush/tree things that are out there, and lots of desert.

Maybe I should just have him bring a pair of binoculars and come pick me up from my out landings.:|:|

So seriously, then, do you think I need to wear UnderArmour? Shorts vs longer pants? Guess I can bring a variety. I'll probably need the UnderArmour for the tunnel at night.

I would do the under armour thing for sure. It may be a desert but but no humidity so it can go from 60 to 0 in about 5.2 (like a Saleen Mustang, but in reverse) once the sun sets

If your from Colorado you know the drill... layers baby layers (like ogres and onions). This also gives you an advantage at the mandatory Strip-poker skydiving event held every third week in January....

Oh looky here that's just when your going to be at the DZ. Lucky you!:ph34r:

Famous Irish saying...

Scott, thanks for the training and 2 wingsuit jumps at the holiday boogie. Back on topic, He or you and he could come out to Canyon or Saguaro Lake and rent a boat. These lakes are both in the mountains about 1hr20min drive from Eloy. You can check it out at www.precisionmarine.biz, the scenery and fishing are good.
James

OOHH, youve heard of my X-wife?

The only "Grand" I am acquainted with in reference to her however, the few H_H_Hundred grand she took from my eva-luvin ass!

O sorry did that sound Bitter? B|B|B|

Famous Irish saying...

- Casa Grande Indian pueblo ruins, north of Eloy.
- Hills north of Eloy: mountain lakes, dams, & Indian cliff dwellings.
- Climb Mt. Picacho, south of Eloy.
- Saguaro National Forest, south of Eloy.
- Tucson's Skyline Drive, scenic mountain road.
- Catalina State Park, Indian ruins, west of Tucson.
- Coronado National Forest, south of Tucson
- San Xavier Spanish Mission, south of Tucson
- Tubac Spanish Presido (fort), south of Tucson
- Titan nuclear missle silo museum, south of Tucson