normiss

Memorial Page for Johnny Gates MB#65

Did many Carpet rides with Johnny. I had the song Magic Carpet ride as his ringback tone. He heard it every time he called me .. Which was almost every day. God I miss him !!

A while back, we were trying to come up with something to do. We thought of tubes and different things. We were talking about the linked 10-way exit that we used on the Jet and decided to try a linked 12-way headdown jump.

He put on the video. The group was tracking horizontally, but bending all over the place. One of us said, "It looked like a Flying Carpet like in the Alladin stories." Hence, the name.

I was at Z-Hills for a couple of weeks over the holidays and had the opportunity to spend a few moments with Johnny and a few of his friends, watching the sunset load land. As we sat there, Elly rode by and said. "hello gentlemen" all of us immediately looked over our shoulders to see who she might have been talking to:S and then she immediately shouted, "OH! I'm sorry ... Hey Assholes!!"B| ... well, you had to be there, it was pretty funny.;)

I got THIS picture that day. It's not the best but it's one of the last.
HERE is another one you might be able to use.

I have created an Paypal account for this using my work e-mail.
The e-mail address for donations is:

[email protected]

I will talk to the family and friends at the dz this weekend to decide where the overage will go.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or issues.

thanks all!

Cool....
Hope to see everyone out there this weekend
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Great idea Mark trying to find pics to send you.

Johnny is on the video clip of my 100th but not in the stills wish I could get there in person !

Christine

MB3862
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Mark, I am sure it's just because PayPal is not everybody's favorite. I am sure, most people plan to give you the money directly during the weekend. A drop box at manifest for envelopes would be helpful.
Maybe it helps you to know what to expect? I don't want to start a public list here, but would it be helpful for you if everybody sends you a pm with the amount they plan to give during the weekend? Or are you swamped with pm anyways? Please let us know - and thank you very much again for taking care of this.
Barbara
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's much more important to be nice.

Hi Mark,
how does the account look after the weekend with the memorial jumps for Johnny? Great that Janine and Scotty provided food for free, but I hope people made donations instead!
Barbara
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's much more important to be nice.

Ok folks!
BIG THANKS!!!!

contributions were:
1365.50 cash and checks from the dropzone
203.46 paypal

1568.96 total!!!!

-1305.00 for the memorial page
- 263.96 for the charity!!!

I will be cutting the check to send to charity in that name of Friends of Johnny Gates MB65
I will make the payment today for the memorial page.
:)THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!

muff muff muff

What a great picture to remember a really great person. So many good thoughts, of Z-Hills days in the past, racing around in my head these past few days. Every memory of Johnny creates a warm smile. One of those few people that you always want to use in the future, to get you out of bad moods... just think of all those good times....and the good vibes course through your mind.... Muff, muff, muff
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

THANKS for doing that mark!! i never had a doubt that enough money would be raised out there saturday. he was loved for sure.

i'm just gonna throw this out there, but maybe we could consider having a little muff brother fund-raiser each year around jan 20th with the charity TBD (bomber fund, the race car thing that the check's going to, etc). i'm just trying to think of ways to keep that love going that johnny so generously put out there. the beauty of it is that it can be a fund raiser across the country and all of it given in johnny's name. or hey, maybe the muff bros reunion could serve the same purpose.

just a thought...or two.

p.s. would the "muff brothers" be a tax-deductible charitable organization? :):D:P

THANKS for doing that mark!! i never had a doubt that enough money would be raised out there saturday. he was loved for sure.

i'm just gonna throw this out there, but maybe we could consider having a little muff brother fund-raiser each year around jan 20th with the charity TBD (bomber fund, the race car thing that the check's going to, etc). i'm just trying to think of ways to keep that love going that johnny so generously put out there. the beauty of it is that it can be a fund raiser across the country and all of it given in johnny's name. or hey, maybe the muff bros reunion could serve the same purpose.

just a thought...or two.

p.s. would the "muff brothers" be a tax-deductible charitable organization? :):D:P

Im defintily in... Johnny IS a great person and anyway his memory can be kept going strong"ER" is a bonus....:)

What a great picture to remember a really great person. So many good thoughts, of Z-Hills days in the past, racing around in my head these past few days. Every memory of Johnny creates a warm smile. One of those few people that you always want to use in the future, to get you out of bad moods... just think of all those good times....and the good vibes course through your mind.... Muff, muff, muff

Ditto I have his voice in my head too :-)
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !