veri

Closing Pin Necklaces

Wildfan75 made mine and her's (see attached picture) and we're waiting for more closing pins to make more for two others that asked her.

Just get a closing pin, go to an arts and crafts store and pick out beads you like. Lynn went to a bead store and all the metal parts are sterling silver so they won't turn my neck green. That way you can personalize it with team color, something to match your jumpsuit, the exact size and length you like, etc. They're really easy to make.

Just a warning, if you go to a bead store and get the sterling silver it can get quite expensive. Mine cost about $28 not including the closing pin (that's cost--no mark up).
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Tami Carbone is awesome! She made me a custom pin necklace @ WFFC 03.I asked her to make it and she had it ready the very next day,even with all the busy stuff going on at the convention and working hard with Scotty to keep us all fed.Damn good craftsmanship..I've had it since '03 and it still looks brand new,no fading or freying or anything.:)
her website: http://www.carbonezone.com

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

My pin is from the day I did my AFF1... (and now I am an AFF - I, so some time has passed.B|)

But the "cord" has been replaced a few times. The cotton/synthetic designs failed often... So I simply took a length of leather cord, tied a figure 8 knot in the center to hold the pin, and two half square knots that slide to complete the "loop"...

But I am not uploading a pic, because mine is unique as I never have seen anyone else make theirs this way.:)

Now that you mentioned closing pins, can someone direct me to finding that thing (piece of string you use to close the flaps when packing) what's it called again?:$ I can never find the bloody things!
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Now that you mentioned closing pins, can someone direct me to finding that thing (piece of string you use to close the flaps when packing) what's it called again?:$ I can never find the bloody things!

Pull up cord

Power tool

The power tool is exactly what I was after! Nice one bud, thanks:)
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

i have 3 or 4 home made ones but my necklace from preyor pins was made to last....

preyorpins.com

SMiles;)

I took a look; are they still taking orders? I emailed awhile back and got no response, and last I checked, I couldn't browse products.