sunshine

Telling someone you don't like them

Ok so if someone asks you why you don't talk to them anymore and you simply tell them you just don't like them and no longer what to be their friend. Well is that mean?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

No more booty calls

I still have my booty call buddy. No worries there. :$

There is a certain someone i told that i just didn't care for him, so now he's telling people i'm bi-polar instead of accepting i just don't want him as a friend.

He sounds delightful. I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be friends with him.:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

No more booty calls

I still have my booty call buddy. No worries there. :$

There is a certain someone i told that i just didn't care for him, so now he's telling people i'm bi-polar instead of accepting i just don't want him as a friend.

Well... to be honest, if you at least didn't give him an explanation of why you didn't care for him (assuming you previously did to whatever degree) then he has nothing to go off of. And as far as he is concerned, then you ARE bi-polar. (Many people who are actually bi-polar have issues with sudden loss of interest in people/activities that is relatively unexplainable to other people).

Not that his actions are justified... but basically I can see where he's coming from.

Well, yes, I would say it's mean. Who wants to have someone tell them flat-out that they aren't liked?

I know you're trying to be honest and I don't suggest that you should come up with lies to cover reality, but if there's a gentle way of presenting it I would try to find it. I don't know the situation, but maybe you could find a way of saying something like, "we just don't see eye-to-eye on _________," or "it seems that we often end up disagreeing, and I would like to avoid that because it isn't necessary." Those examples are obviously random and I'm not claiming to be the best at coming up with the wording, but you get the idea. I'd receive the overall message a lot better if it was presented from that angle than just being told "I don't like you." "I don't like you" seems much more of a personal attack and I don't know that it's a necessary one because there are usually other ways to get the point across without lying about it.

Having said that, there are some people who miss all of the other messages and eventually just need to be presented with it bluntly. [:/]
TPM Sister #102

to be honest, if you at least didn't give him an explanation of why you didn't care for him (assuming you previously did to whatever degree) then he has nothing to go off of.

Did tell him why i didn't care for him.

He told everyone i had been in an accident as a joke. I didn't know anything about his "joke" til i started getting calls at work from peeps asking me if i was ok. So, yes i did tell him i didn't care for him after that.

He told everyone i had been in an accident as a joke. I didn't know anything about his "joke" til i started getting calls at work from peeps asking me if i was ok. So, yes i did tell him i didn't care for him after that.

Nice. Sounds like a classy guy. :S After that, he shouldn't have had to ask!!
TPM Sister #102

to be honest, if you at least didn't give him an explanation of why you didn't care for him (assuming you previously did to whatever degree) then he has nothing to go off of.

Well then in that case... I wouldn't be too concerned with whether or not you were being mean ;) Him telling people you are bi-polar seems like par for the course for this guy.

Sounds like a winner. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone after that either. :S

Ok so if someone asks you why you don't talk to them anymore and you simply tell them you just don't like them and no longer what to be their friend. Well is that mean?

don't EVER tell me. i just won't listen. the food hospital would lose all charm for me. just don't.
namaste, motherfucker.

don't EVER tell me. i just won't listen. the food hospital would lose all charm for me. just don't.

I'll always luv you sky!! One day we will see the food hospital again. :D

I can be mean, but it really depends on the situation. I told that to this girl I've been seeing these last few months, and she just got on my nerves so much I just told her to stop talking to me.
Now she was really a flake and deserved it. Although I didn't exactly tell her directly that I didn't like her, but "don't talk to me again" is pretty much an indicator, and lucky me, she hasn't spoken to me since...here's hoping my luck holds. :)
Overall, be honest, makes things easier for you, and they'll get over it (and hopefully learn from it). No friendship is better than a fake friendship.
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

(Many people who are actually bi-polar have issues with sudden loss of interest in people/activities that is relatively unexplainable to other people).

I think I might be bi-polar.[:/]

Chris

You can take do a line of my zyprexa, see if that fixes things. ;) $10 per hit.

(Many people who are actually bi-polar have issues with sudden loss of interest in people/activities that is relatively unexplainable to other people).

I think you are being a bit narrow-minded to bi-polar people. What is wrong with being attracted to both sexes of polar bears?:P

Chris

Just tell him you like to shower with women at boogies...............;)

Then tell him that I'll kick his ass if he's got any problems with you:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey