mark

Vintage WW2 HALO Altimeter

Here.

The description starts, "This is one of the hardest to find, most uncommon, rare non-munition military collectibles you may ever see, especially in the area of military airborne and parachute operations."

I have a screen shot, and I'll post the full text in about a week for folks coming late to this thread.

Mark

"This is one of the hardest to find, most uncommon, rare non-munition military collectibles you may ever see, especially in the area of military airborne and parachute operations.

This is a wrist altimeter. This is used to measure and monitor altitude by military freefall parachutists during training and operational jumps. This has a 12,000 foot dial.

You may have seen this device on the Discovery Channel series "HALO: Freefall Warriors". This is the next generation / supplement to the MA2-30

This would make a great gift for that retired snake-eater in your family, a perfect component of an appropriate award or plaque, or a great conversation starter on your bookshelf or desk. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

This is government surplus and is inscribed with "SOTF 046" on the back. SOTF is the acronym for Special Operations Task Force in the current parlance, but no chain of ownership or documentation is provided, likely due to the classified nature of the parent organization(s).

This is genuine military surplus but is not offered as functional equipment. The calibration / zeroing is functional and the dial can be zeroed properly, but inspection and calibration would be required before any use in parachuting activities. The military calibration is out of date as is evident from the calibration sticker that would have been applied by the last calibrating paraloft, as visible in the photos."

~~~ Geez...anybody wanna buy a bridge?! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i was just thinking how cool the carbon fibre coffee table looked.

im not buying worthless crap like this alti right now, the wrist strap isnt even in olive drab!. i would rather spend my money on something really collectable like britneys hair, theres a couple of people selling.
my hovercraft is full of eels.

The thing has been withdrawn ... "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

I think more than ome of us told him about the error, or least he told me a number of us had. B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

What do you suppose "SOTF 046" means? Other than "Special Operations Task Force," I mean.

Mark

Prolly means "Some Odd Little Fucker" and it's a dead giveaway that it's NOT the real deal...;)

EVERYONE knows that back in WWII, special ops troopers NEVER used a vibrating pen to incribe a unit designation on their Barriago atilmeters!

They just attached a label maker to their laptop and printed one out! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

the definitions I've heard of.... and some I found :P

SOTF Sex Offender Treatment Program (US Federal Bureau of Prisons)
SOTF Shift on the Fly
SotF Soul of the Fire (Terry Goodkind book)
SOTF Special Operations Task Force
SOTF SSES of the Future (Navy)
SOTF Survival of the Fittest
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

the definitions I've heard of.... and some I found :P

SOTF Sex Offender Treatment Program (US Federal Bureau of Prisons)
SOTF Shift on the Fly
SotF Soul of the Fire (Terry Goodkind book)
SOTF Special Operations Task Force
SOTF SSES of the Future (Navy)
SOTF Survival of the Fittest

None of those names describe the unit that this particular altimeter came from.