shortyj

What is the weirdest food you have ever ate.

Geez, Octopus in italy. I am sure I have had other strange things, there was a wild game restaurant where I went to College, and they would have all kinds of crazy stuff. It was lots of fun to go out and get the Chef's Sampler which consisted of like 4 different meats. Everything I had was quite tasty. No complaints here!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

not me but...

i got caught short in winter and had to have a poo in the woods.

it sat in the grass steaming... it was a good poo. solid. brown. like a torpedo.

i was just pulling my pants up when my dog bounded over, had a sniff, the a lick then began to eat it.

i tried to stop him but disgust turned to incredulous captivating disbelief... i watched him eat the whole thing.

he died a few weeks later. caught pulvo virus. probably from me.

well.. you know what they say... eat shit - and die.

Geez... I know dogs have been known to wolf down shit left in their yards if its not their own, but damn.... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had a millennium egg, it is a Filipino delicacy. They take a special egg, bury it underground and leave it there for a year. They collect them after that and serve it cold, plain or with a sauce. I really didn't like it but i would rather try something for myself and come to that conclusion based on my own experience. I eat a lot of Sashimi and most people think that is weird, but it is not. These comments usually come from people who wouldn't even give it a try. I mean you cant tell my something is gross/weird if you have never tried it--seriously :P
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

Escargot

To the general public, it's probably not that weird. But to a little Georgia peach....it was...um...interesting. (where's the puking emoticon now?)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I mean you cant tell me something is gross/weird if you have never tried it--seriously :P

So what's your opinion on eating your own feces?

EEEWWWB|

Never wanted to go there, but you went there. We will just say thats one you don't have to try to to know it tastes like SHIT!:P

Edit:Dam spellingg...
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

I've had plenty of interesting foods.

Growing up in the Los Angeles area, I had oppotunity to try all kinds of things. I had a sesos (brains) quesadilla. Not too good. I did find lengua (tongue) to actually be pretty good - very tender.

I've had tripe in Mexican and Chinese food.

What I don't touch are insects or worms or any other nasty-ass bugs (I am profoundly hobic of them).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What I don't touch are insects or worms or any other nasty-ass bugs (I am profoundly hobic of them).

I just got a great mental picture of you hopping a train with a handkerchief full of insects tied to a stick and slung over your shoulder. :P

Or of the Boogeyman from WWE grabbing a fistful of earthworms out of his pocket and schlupping them into his mouth and chewing them! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Am I the only one who wants to scream, "PAST PARTICIPLE!" every time I read this thread title?

Yes, I'm afraid you are. Now stop being educated. Start drinking a bit more, take some drugs and settle down to a life of mediocrity.

Someone drank a whole cup of their own wee on Shipwrecked just so they could have one Marshmallow. Freshly squeezed it was.

The buggers had a whole packet and still only gave the guy ONE after he did that. how rude. i'd have taken the friggin lot.
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

My birthday dinner included sea urchin genitalia (Uni), monk fish liver (Ankimo), and raw quail egg (Uzura) atop flying fish roe (Tobiko).

I was looking forward to a cured tongue sandwich tonight, but the salumi shop was sold out. No lamb proscuitto either.

I also really like raw ground beef (steak tartare), crispy beef thymus (sweet breads), raw thinly sliced beef and venison (carpacio), beef heart, and beef tongue (unfortunately the salumi shop was sold out of cured tongue today. I order my Pho with tripe and tendon.

Jelly fish, duck liver, and duck heart are ok. The pig skin tacos I had at my favorite carniceria were not.

Alligator, antelope, elk, ostrich, and rabbit are all tasty.

Escargot with olive oil and garlic can be yummy.

but the salumi shop was sold out. No lamb proscuitto either.

Mmmmmm... Salumi (I assume you're talking about the shop near Pioneer Square).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

college cafeteria food

Often times that's not really a food; it's just a food-like substance.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)