shortyj

What is the weirdest food you have ever ate.

Mountain Oysters.

Didnt know what they really were untill I had one about half Chewed up. I thought.. "Oysters, Yea I like Oysters. Never had them battered and fried. Sure I will try one. Poped one in my Mouth, Started chewing away when someone tells me what I am really eating. Spent the next 2 hours spitting.B|B|:SB|

Growing up, my best friend's dad was an entymologist who taught at Texas Tech University. Once a year, he'd prepare a meal of insect based dishes for his students. He'd make boiled mealworms, mealworm pizza, chocolate covered crickets, and cricket cookies. My friend and I would always get to sample the dishes. Everything was pretty good, except for the boiled mealworms by themselves. They were a little bitter but mostly flavorless.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I ate Conch Fritters in Key West and alligator in Orlando... Those Floridians sure have weird delicacies. :P:o:D Obviously, things such as those aren't considered weird to some, but I am a somewhat picky eater. It was accomplishment for me to actually stomach the thought of eating what was in front of me. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

putrified shark meat in Iceland aka "hakarl" - a national delicacy. it's actually pretty good, the taste grows on you after a few tries.

fried grasshoppers and larvae in Thailand

a snake's beating heart and gall bladder in Vietnam, taken down with its blood in rice wine...

most people think sea urchin is pretty weird, but not for me since I eat it quite often...

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

i like to try new foods, even if they are really weird. its like a new sensory experience, so if its only once, why not?

sweet breads (not a bread), intestine, parts of a pig eye socket, pig ear, horse meat, elk jerky, snails, raw beef carpaccio, i can go on and on.

Souse Meat

-Take the feet, head, and ears off the pig, except the fat.
-Take off the hard part from the feet; singe the hairs, scald and scrape thoroughly.
-Put them in strong salt water and let them soak overnight.
-Scrape and wash again, and put them in another salted water until ready to cook.
-Put them in the kettle, with enough cold water to cover, and as soon as it boils, skim carefully.
-Let it simmer until the bones are perfectly free from the meat, then skim out the meat and separate it from all bones, gristle, and the most of the fat, leaving only a little of the nicest.
-Season well with salt and pepper, add a little vinegar, mix all thoroughly, and pack in stone or earthen jars and put in a cool place with a weight on the top to harden.

It may be served cold, nicely sliced, garnished with sprigs of parsley, or it can be sliced and browned in the oven, or cut in nice square or oblong slices, dipped in egg and corn meal or fine crumbs, and sauted in hot drippings.

Good 'ol Southern soul food. Yummy! :)
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Rattlesnake. I cooked it too. We were on a river trip with some interesting folks from Idaho. They found a rattlesnake and took it upon themselves to kill it. They skinned it and told me to fry it up since it was my night to cook. Damn thing was still moving when we began to fry it too :S How did it taste?? Like Chicken. :D

fried grasshoppers and larvae in Thailand

That reminds me of eating a cricket I ate in high school brought back from Mexico by my teacher to be exempt for a Spanish test. :D A little too crunchy for me. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

:D No man lived in Iran half my life. It’s funny living in two different cultures.
My dad eats all that shit but thinks I am nuts for eating raw fish (sushi), and he would never even try shell fish.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I ate Conch Fritters in Key West and alligator in Orlando... Those Floridians sure have weird delicacies. :P:o:D Obviously, things such as those aren't considered weird to some, but I am a somewhat picky eater. It was accomplishment for me to actually stomach the thought of eating what was in front of me. :S

The Bahamas has the best conch fritters. Kinda hard to chew though...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

not me but...

i got caught short in winter and had to have a poo in the woods.

it sat in the grass steaming... it was a good poo. solid. brown. like a torpedo.

i was just pulling my pants up when my dog bounded over, had a sniff, the a lick then began to eat it.

i tried to stop him but disgust turned to incredulous captivating disbelief... i watched him eat the whole thing.

he died a few weeks later. caught pulvo virus. probably from me.

well.. you know what they say... eat shit - and die.

weirdest thing i ate? fried worms whilst in the marine cadets.
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!