livendive

Name that skydiving business

Live n dive enterprises? A little to Lance Bass.

How about "SLAM PIG SKYDIVING SCHOOL"?

Let them know what they're getting into;)

:DI like it! But wouldn't it kinda render the whole "When slam pigs fly!" thing moot? We'd have slam pigs flying every weekend! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Live n dive enterprises? A little to Lance Bass.

How about "SLAM PIG SKYDIVING SCHOOL"?

Let them know what they're getting into;)

:DI like it! But wouldn't it kinda render the whole "When slam pigs fly!" thing moot? We'd have slam pigs flying every weekend! :D

Blues,
Dave

Since we lost our resident Slam Pig this season, it would be nice to have a new herd, or flock, or gaggle of slam piglets to have at the DZ next season. This sport is about tradition damn it! We are all counting on you.

it would be nice to have a new herd, or flock, or gaggle of slam piglets to have at the DZ next season.

Ha ha! :D Going to anagrams of "Slam piglet U", "Must Pillage Skydiving" is pretty good, but nowhere near as funny as "Slit Plumage Skydiving".

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Sorry, I just assumed everyone had a certain baseline Disneyliteracy. But what others have said is true; they'll probably come after you with a bunch of suits if you try to use it.[:/]

Reality check - You don't really think Disney's lawyers would bill them $200/hr. to investigate a guy that skydives on weekends, is not advertised anywhere, and makes less in a weekend than what those guys will spend on lunch? I feel pretty safe in saying its not going to happen.

Dave - re: having your name in the name of the company; Ford Motor Co. is going to be pissed when they hear the news that they have to change their name.

Mr. Todak's Wild Ride sounds pretty cool to me.

thats actually mooth or gaiye

your call

but as far as a business name goes...think from a marketing perspective

coloud nine is heavenly but also kinda sleepy...

you want adventure, excitement you want peoples adrenaline to rocket the minute they hear your name

and cloud nine doesnt do it

how about

120 MPH Adventures

that will get up up in the yellow pages

Or somethign on that line

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I want to name mine...

"I Want To The The Huck-A-Buck With Katie But She Is Married To Chuck!"

or

"Where you do Two Tricks!"

or

"I Lost My Car To This!"

or "Skydiving takes your money and your mind!

:D

B|

NO THREAD HI-JACKING... WE'RE BEING SERIOUS HERE!:ph34r:

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

"Goin Down LLC" is a good straight name.

I have heard from a non-lawyer: the manager of an LLC can be sued but crooks will not usually follow the trail out of the country.

If you own a home or have a retirement fund, you might want to set up a Panamanian corporation to own and manage your LLC.

"Panama Corporation, No Assets in USA, Skydiving Instructionz" has a nice ring.

Just in case anyone cares, I've decided I'm going with "Ephemeral Volitations, Inc.", doing business as EV Airsports. For those of you without a dictionary handy, the long version means, basically, "fleeting ability to fly". The acronym EVA is also used to refer to "extravehicular activities", i.e. the maneuvers performed by astronauts while outside of their spacecraft. Yes, I am a complete and utter dork. :P

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes, I am a complete and utter dork

Yes, you are.... but we love you that way!!!!

CONGRATS on the name! B|

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Most states charge around $100 to file articles of incorporation. In most states, articles of incorporation are a 1 or 2-page form that's downloadable from the Sec'y of State's website. Some states let you fill it out as a PDF or electronic form & file it electronically. Either way, whether you'd fill it out yourself or get a lawyer to do it depends on your own comfort level. Often, filing the Arts of Inc. registers the business name; however in some states you need to file a separate Registration of Fictitious Name. Check your state. Better yet, don't be a cheap bastard. Lawyers' kids gotta eat, too. ;)

So my state has downloadable (.pdf) and electronically submittable methods for submitting the application to form the LLC http://www.secstate.wa.gov/corps/. The section for the articles is just a little box, with no pointers regarding what should be included in them. Are your kids well enough fed that you could point me in the right direction? ;) I am going to have to hire a lawyer anyhow, as the state requires I have a "registered agent", but I'd rather just pay him for not doing anything other than being available to be served for me. The company I'm replacing had about 8-9 pages worth of articles, most of it boilerplate, but I don't have a copy. Any suggestions for where I could find some generic requirements and suggestions for what the articles should entail?

And yes, I'd have sent this via PM, if I could have. :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

So I've decided to incorporate my schedule C business (skydiving) as an LLC and need a name for it. The first thing that came to mind was "Cloud 9 Skydiving", but I've been told that's "pretty gay". Since we've done "Name that pet" hundreds of times here and gotten skydiving themed names, it should be a breeze for you people to come up with something good. Ideas?

Blues,
Dave

Not sure if this has been mentioned, (too lazy to read the whole thread,) but

Live and Let Dive

I agree with Krissanne. Mr. Todak's Wild Ride is fucking inspired! How could you not use that name????

Works for me too.

So we've got five in favor of Cloud 9 Skydiving, plus one person says it'll draw less IRS attention. We've got three in favor of Mr. Todak's Wild Ride, plus one person who says that's not a legal name (I seem to remember reading that a business name can't include the real name of the owner(s)...don't know why :S)

Any others?

Blues,
Dave

The instead of Mr. Todak's Wild Ride, change it to Mr. T's Wild Ride. I'm sure no one will remember the A-Team when doing IRS audits... :D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I had to come up with a name for a business license after Perris made all us AFF Instructors independent contractors. I had ten seconds while standing in line at city hall to figure something out and it came to me pretty quickly.

"Rent-A-Grip"

NickD :)BASE 194