fonz

Landscape photography anyone?

Okay...

It's almost 5 AM here so I'm going to get me some Z's.

But in the meantime I was wondering if anyone here is interested in landscape photography. Two of my more acceptable attempts can be found here (warning: they are big pics):
http://www.skysmurf.nl/~fonz/tmp/photo01.jpg
http://www.skysmurf.nl/~fonz/tmp/photo02.jpg

I'm pretty much a photography noob so constructive comments are welcome.

Nighty-night,

Alphons
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

What settings were you shooting at? First would look better with a longer dof and a little photoshop work to take the car and drainage tube out of it, imo. What filters, if any, were you using? Otherwise nice pictures, attractive content.
Miami

Ok I admit these are NOT landscape photos, but they are nature photos in the landscape format. Story behind photos, none really I was letting the dog in a saw this bug about head level on my screen door, I not sure what kind of bug it is and thought it might fun to see what kind of macro shots I could get. They came out pretty cool, but I think the camera scared the crap of of the bug....:o:P(see pic#2)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I like a number of types of photography.

I'm ok at it... but I have a photo page with some landscape/sunset and a few other types of photos here.

http://www.scottgunshell.com/Vacation%20Photos.htm

there are some dog/other animal photos on this page

http://www.scottgunshell.com/fun_with_photos.htm

I haven't had a chance to update anything on the page for a few months (I've been busy with school) but... when I get a chance I'll probably add some more.

btw: I like the overall composition of Photo02 although the sky is a bit overexposed (something that is difficult to prevent, ansel adams was pretty good at exposure of zones but of course he came up with the concept... and well... he did use large format film.)

photo01 is pretty good too... although the car in the edge of the photo is a bit of a distraction... since its the first thing I notice.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

number 1 is out of focus and number 2 is overexposed.

both pictures lack point of interest

looks like you took them both in late morning to early afternoon while which is fine though most landscape (your type of images) looks best durig magic hour. leaves look really nice when they are back lit

good effort though
Pointy birds
Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy nointy

Very nice shots sir.. the first picture reminded me of Holland immediately!

A couple of tips on pictures like these.. the second photo was WAY better than the first for a couple of reasons.. the first being, no distractions..

In the first there's the street off to the side, the car, etc.. crop those out and your picture improves tremendously.

Have fun playing around with the camera!

Thanks everyone for the pojnters! Like I said, I'm completely new to photography so the input is appreciated.

For those who like to know:

The camera is a Konica Minolta Dimage G530, which is a simple 5.0 Mp/3x digital toy. Both pictures were indeed taken around noon: I shot them at work during lunch breaks. I realize that there are probably better moments for this kind of photography.

Photo 1 is one of my very first photos, so I had pretty much everything set to automagic, except perhaps for the focus, which was probably set to infinity. I realize that the car and other signs of civilization are disturbing factors, but as several people already pointed out I'm going to edit or cut those out. I had walked around for a while and the place from which I took this photo was pretty much the only point from which you could get a somewhat decent shot, so I figured: "Ah wel, I'll just PhotoShop that car out afterwards."

Photo 2 was taken with the white-balance set to "cloudy" and exposure compensation to neutral. Probably should have used a yellow filter, but at that time I hadn't figured out how to do that yet. The photo does have a point of interest, it just wasn't captured very well: the dark passageway near the middle. It had a mysterious, eerie kind of look to it and really caught the eye. Unfortunately it didn't really turn out that way on the photo. I did remember to take a step back so that I got some of the grass on the foreground for added depth though.

I have one more photo that I think might be interesting:
http://www.skysmurf.nl/~fonz/tmp/photo05.jpg (warning: large pic)

One might get tricked into thinking that I just pointed the camera towards the sky, but what you're really looking at is simply a reflection. The camera was pointed straight down at water. Okay, it's not spectacular. But I think it's funny.

Alphons
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy