sangiro

Netscape 4.x Compatability

Heya all,
Ok I think I managed to beat that one. Those of you who prefer to browse with Netscape 4 browsers should be able to do so now. You may stumble across a few cosmetic quirks, I'll deal with those later, but I think I managed to iron out all the stylesheet problems. My apologies for the inconvenience. :)Safe swoops
Sangiro

See, it's reasons like this that I had to (very very grudgenly) goto IE. Ever since AOL bought Netscape their browsers have tracked for the pond. And sadly ICQ is starting to do the same. $@#^ing AOL, why can't people use a *real* ISP?
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

Thanks Sangiro. I disabled my Java to get around the problem, but it seems to be working fine with it enabled now. As quirky as Netscape is, I still try and avoid using IE for the simple reason Microsoft tries to force it down my throat.

IE rules. The prob wasnt with java, or javascript, which are 2 different things, but since sangiro calls the NS style sheet with javascript thats prolly the reason disabling it worked for you. The prob was a mix of Netscapes stylesheet incompatability, prolly specificaly styles with tables, which IE does pretty good BTW. But I didnt go trying to download his stylesheet to find out-LOL.
Netcscape 6 has better compatibility with the W3C's specification on stylesheets, but the browser gods at AOL/Netscape must be living on another planet. That thing is slow as crap and is quirky as heck. But all NS users should download it-LOL.
Microsoft has the right to package IE with windows, they own it. Most people probably wouldn't be on a computer without them. When I downloaded the NS browser I got a bunch of AOL crap shoved down mine. Thanks god I only use it to check webpages with.-LOL
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

Cyber Wrote:
Microsoft has the right to package IE with windows, they own it. Most people probably wouldn't be on a computer without them. When I downloaded the NS browser I got a bunch of AOL crap shoved down mine. Thanks god I only use it to check webpages with.-LOL

Just for discussion purposes, if M$ can package IE with Windows cause they own it, why can't AOL package some of their crap with NS. Also, some would argue that when they buy an Operating System, they don't expect to have stuff "bundled" with it that is not required. Oh, and think of all those people who wouldn't be on the internet without AOHell.:o Sorry, AOL gripes me with their tactics. I gave up on them looong ago!
Craig

Dang, well, I used to like AOL. I remember when I used to connect to it with my 2400bps dialing through either a SprintNet or TymnNet number. Those were the days. That was before they had "the web." Spend my days chatting and cruising through all the useless stuff they had. Then "that internet thingy" started to catch on with John Q. Public so a real ISP started up in my area (we didn't have one before this) and I was a convert. And an honest to god 'net junky was born. :)
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

It even works beautifully with Firefox. Well done!!!

Holy shit thread blast from the past.

that's like the 3rd one today, someone is on a mission:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?