Vallerina

My UFC adventures

*Warning* this may sound familiar to some of you :)
This past weekend, I headed down to Columbus, OH (on purpose) with my crazy family to attend the Arnold Classic and UFC 68!!! Good seats, good fights, good fun! :)

Through the rumor mill, we heard that Bonnar would also be at the Arnold Classic signing autographs and whatnot. (He went to my high school, and my brother wrestled with him.) The most obvious thing for him to autograph of mine was my yearbook...duh. We walked by the UFC booth where Keith Jardine and Anderson Silva (yum) were sitting. Not wanting to wait in the very very long line, we stood behind the rope and took pictures. Silva would look at us and give us a thumbs up, and we'd giggle. He looked at us and winked, and became those girls that went crazy for the Beatles. After being moved along, we wandered around looking for other famous people. We caught a glimpse of Shonie, so we obviously had to run to see him. The only two girls in a crowd of guys, Shonie caught a glimpse of us, pointed to each of us and said, "You and you...you're next!" He assured me that he appreciates his crazy fans, and he seemed to be a pretty cool guy! :) I definitely enjoyed meeting Shonie. Then, word got around that Andrei Arlovski was in attendance. We went into major stalking mode on the lookout. Being the crazy chicks, people let us in line to meet him, and we all very much enjoyed the picture taking session. I asked him to marry me, but had no clue as to what I was saying (otherwise, I'm sure he would've said yes.) We also met Phil Baroni and the Incredible Hulk.

As much fun as it was in the overly crowded convention center, the fights that night were freaking fantastic!!!!!!! We sat where most of the fighters came out to walk to the ring and right behind Matt Hughes's family (the best part of this is that my sister-in-law's sister is a HUGE Matt fan...so much so that she has "Mrs. Hughes" on the back of her shirt....and we sat beind the *real* Mrs. Hughes). We had, quite possibly, one of the best views in the arena. I slapped hands with many of the fighters on the way to their fights (including Randy's!!!!!!!!!) Being the crazy chick (still), I also cheered for everyone. Herb would walk by, and I'd shout, "Go Herb!!!" Same with Big John, Bruce Buffer, the ring doctor, etc. The announcer who is not Joe Rogan would walk by, and I'd shout, "Go not Joe Rogan!" This, apparently, pissed some guy off, and he mumbled the dude's name. I looked at him and shouted, "Go not Joe Rogan!!!" :D Dana walked by a few times, and I went crazy (again/still.) He stopped early on in the evening, and I took a picture with my camera (my brother was missing at the time with his camera.) I told him how awesome he is, and he gave me the, "Another crazy chick," look. Before Randy's fight, he was walking along where the fighters walk signing stuff and taking pictures. The annoying guy next to me kept shouting, "Dana! Dana! Dana!" (I'm *not* annoying when I shout it.) Dana turned around, looked at him, looked at me, and came to me to take another picture :) This time, I upped it a notch and told Dana that I loved him. He looked at me and said, "Thank you." So I said, "No, really. I love you, Dana!!!" And he thanked me again. Think he'd let me kiss his head next time?

Either you watch the UFC fights and know how they went, or you don't, and you don't care. Either way, I won't comment on the fights (all were great) except for Randy's. HOLY S**T! I do not like Tim Sylvia. I'm pretty sure he wore that damn belt to his local Wal-Mart, McD's, etc. I always want to see him lose, but he hasn't been doing much of that lately. I was really hoping to see him lose in person, and damn! I couldn't have asked to have it done any better! Randy knocking him on his ass with that first punch made the crowd go crazy! Watching Randy pick him apart that close up was worth every cent spent on that weekend! After Randy took him down for the 100th time, I looked at my brother and said, "It just doesn't get old, does it?" All of the fights that night were great....and the night ended with one of the greatest moments in the UFC. :)

I attached a few pics for your viewing pleasure :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Should have called since you were in town,

She was probably ashamed to have anyone find out she went to Columbus of her own free will. Can't say I blame her.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

There is never a bad seat in Nationwide Arena. Should have called since you were in town, could of had a free place to stay. :P

:D There might not be a bad seat, but we just happened to have some of the best seats (excluding where families get to sit.) Next time we go, I'll give you a call....and you will regret saying that! :P

And, Cory, I just like Herb's hair. Big John is my favorite ref!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I have a question for anyone that has this event taped (I saw it live- but didnt tape it)- Lambert v. Babalu- I swear Lambert tapped when he was in the rear naked choke. It was quick, but I saw it. One of my buddies from work agrees- but I really want to see a replay to see if I was just seeing things. If anyone has it taped, can you take a look and let me know.
Thanks.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I think I know what you are talking about. There was an instance where it looked like he started to tapout(on the mat) with his hand but it was only once. If I remember correctly, UFC rules require 3 taps for it to be a "tapout".
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

See it again here.

Edit: I don't see it. The only thing that comes close is at 1:07 left in the 1st, and it looks to me like Lambert is just grabbing Babalu's hand.

I dont see it either.
I see where babalu was rocked so hard that his ears shook. but I dont see a tap
My photos

My Videos

as Lou said:
I have seen fioghts where the guy is about 1 tap away from giving up but not on that one.

Ken Shamrock did that at ufc 1 then tried to deny it.

BTW- did I tell you that I think that guy is a fucking scumbag?
My photos

My Videos