PilotLevi

girls suck.

...Now she lets me do just about anything, and wants to see me jump...

Did you happen to notice whether or not she checked the insurance coverage beforehand?
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Oh, and we do suck. Sometimes. :)

mind me showing how much you suck?! :ph34r:

What you need, young man, is a jump.

---

you're so right with that.. aff starts in may here.. when i've done that, can we talk about the other? :PB|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I understand that there are situations where a non-skydiver takes a completely unreasonable stand against his or her significant other having any involvement in skydiving, but those situations are less common than many of us would like to believe. More often than not, these types of problems are the fault of skydivers who have completely lost perspective.

If skydiving is threatening to destroy your relationship with your significant other, particularly if it's a long-term relationship or marriage, you need to step back and ask yourself, "What is skydiving to me?" If your answer is along the lines of "a hobby," "a sport," or "my favorite pastime," you probably have a fairly healthy perspective on jumping out of airplanes and a good chance of working through your relationship problems. If, on the other hand, your answer is more along the lines of "the only thing I enjoy," "the thing that keeps me going," or "my life," you need some sort of help. Skydiving is nothing more than an exciting recreational activity. If, in your mind, skydiving has been elevated to the level of a religious experience, or if you believe skydiving equates to some sort of "better way of life," what you really have is an addiction. And if that addiction is threatening to destroy a relationship, your mental state is no healthier than that of someone who throws away a relationship for an addiction to drugs or sex.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I understand that there are situations where a non-skydiver takes a completely unreasonable stand against his or her significant other having any involvement in skydiving, but those situations are less common than many of us would like to believe. More often than not, these types of problems are the fault of skydivers who have completely lost perspective.

If skydiving is threatening to destroy your relationship with your significant other, particularly if it's a long-term relationship or marriage, you need to step back and ask yourself, "What is skydiving to me?" If your answer is along the lines of "a hobby," "a sport," or "my favorite pastime," you probably have a fairly healthy perspective on jumping out of airplanes and a good chance of working through your relationship problems. If, on the other hand, your answer is more along the lines of "the only thing I enjoy," "the thing that keeps me going," or "my life," you need some sort of help. Skydiving is nothing more than an exciting recreational activity. If, in your mind, skydiving has been elevated to the level of a religious experience, or if you believe skydiving equates to some sort of "better way of life," what you really have is an addiction. And if that addiction is threatening to destroy a relationship, your mental state is no healthier than that of someone who throws away a relationship for an addiction to drugs or sex.

Quit making sense.

ou are wise beyond your years. I wish I could jump more than I do, but I have put more important things forward instead of jumping. It is good to always take a step back every once in a while and gain some prespective. Sometimes we all need to take stock in our lives and find out what really matters to us.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Sometimes we all need to take stock in our lives and find out what really matters to us.

Yup. But in my case what matters most to me is something i can never have. I'm pathetic. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Quit making sense.

Yea really... what a buzz killer

Sometimes we all need to take stock in our lives and find out what really matters to us.

Yup. But in my case what matters most to me is something i can never have. I'm pathetic. [:/]

i think everyone is like that.. we're all pathetic!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

girls suck.

. . . and we love them for it . . .

Yeah, that and . . . ummm . . . I know there is somethng else . . . damn what is it?

Oh yeah -

Laundry.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey Turtle, are you getting Central air installed in that shell, before you're banished to hell, for all eternity! :D:D:D:D:D:D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I agree on some levels. Although I openly admit to being addicted to skydiving and I see nothing wrong with it. In my personal opinion if the person you are with doesnt support or have an understanding for something that brings you such happiness then there's a problem. To me skydiving means being at the DZ everyweekend with a few exceptions here and there, but I always make that clear BEFORE any commitments are made.

Its obvious that different people have different feelings toward skydiving but I think it's important to figure out exactly what the sport means to you and what you're willing to sacrafice for it. It's obvious that there's a HUGE mentality difference between jumpers and non-jumpers and I think it can add a whole lot of complications to a relationship. I don't think it's a matter of skydiving getting in the way of the relationship, rather a missunderstanding of each others wants and needs. Skydivers NEED to jump and most non-jumpers dont get that. The other person needs more time with you or more attention or whatever. So then you're in the position of evaluating which brings you more joy, and I'm sorry but that one's just too easy.

So personaly i'll take being single over dating a non-jumper. I'm actually enjoying quite a bit (other than the lack of sex). If you listen REAL hard you can hear the lack of bitching.
Skydiving is to me what crack is to a whore. I NEED MY FIX BITCH!

So personaly i'll take being single over dating a non-jumper.

Matematically speaking this is a lot easier for women than for men as there are more men in our sport than women.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Matematically speaking this is a lot easier for women than for men as there are more men in our sport than women.

You say that but I dont seem to be finding any available skydiver guys, at least none in my age range. The DZ is also kinda closed so that could a good explaination. Or maybe it's just me......
Skydiving is to me what crack is to a whore. I NEED MY FIX BITCH!

You say that but I dont seem to be finding any available skydiver guys, at least none in my age range. The DZ is also kinda closed so that could a good explaination. Or maybe it's just me......

I understand anout the DZ being closed for the winter, I'm in Canada. Try being 50 and male.... not that many unattached female sydivers in my age range. So if I want to date, wuffos are really my only choice.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Yes my friend, Girls do suck. 2 days ago I would have disagreed, but 'issues' have come about to make me think that girls suck.... Or at least the ones I'm dating. In about an hour or so I'll know for sure - until then....
=========Shaun ==========

I would have to agree with alot of points put out there, especially by Grape and even Douva.

I am now in a situation where I have found something that I do every weekend that I find more enjoyable than anything I have ever done, to include 12 years of snowboarding, shooting, the military... now I am nearing the end of a relationship and all I can find myself thinking about is I won't have to pay so much for rent... I can move closer to the DZ, more $$ for jumping... more time for jumping, more jumping... more jumping.

It can seem like an addiction when looked at from certain view points and by the book it could be classified as an addiciton. Skydiving is something that makes me happy; Now it is hard to say this without sounding like a complete dick but if the person I am with can't handle me being away one day a week at the DZ then I don't want to be with them anyway. Skydiving is something that I identify myself with and part of who I am and I think that needs to be accepted by the person that says they care about me.

I guess I will just have to find that hot little skydiving girlie if I ever want a girlfriend again...
Main Entry: 1hav•oc
Pronunciation: 'ha-v&k, -vik
Function: noun
1 : wide and general destruction; DEVASTATION; great confusion and disorder