RastaRicanAir

Am I the only one who finds Gnarls Barkely to beee.........well, CRAP?!

Well, I know I'm not, because the new Maxim just nailed them too. Then again, Rolling Stone credited them with the Best Song of the Year.
...Then again again, Rolling Stone can suggest good music like Keanu Reeves can recommend a good acting coach.

Perhaps it's just the rarely seen critic in me peeking out, but all I hear is the next big song for sorority girls to torture karaoke DJs with ten years from now.

...And don't get me started on using a note-for-note cover of a 23-year-old Violent Femmes tune as your follow up single.

And just so this isn't a wholly negative post:
Pick up a good hearty lager or ale. (This week I recommend New River Pale Ale)
Pour into a tall pilsner glass
Add a shot of mid-high priced Brandy.
Get ready to LOVE LIFE!

P.S. Be sure you're not far from where you want to sleep.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

yup its just you...

Maxim? whotf cares? they are just reacting as an 'omy god its sooo commerical" manner.. yawn do you really look to Maxim for your Music too? that DOES make you :S

Radio is spamming them to death ofc... but i'm guessing your not a fan of DJ Dangermouse or Cee-Lo Green either eh?

have you even heard the entire album? or are you simply reacting to the singles?
so what if they released a cover? its NOT like they are claiming to have written it.. just reinvented it. The fact its is Note for Note is a tribute...duh...

yup its just you...

After 2 responses? That remains to be seen.

Maxim? whotf cares? they are just reacting as an 'omy god its sooo commerical" manner...

-And Rolling Stone isn't?

... but i'm guessing your not a fan of DJ Dangermouse or Cee-Lo Green either eh?

-I never said that, hence it's another inference based on lacking evidence.

so what if they released a cover? its NOT like they are claiming to have written it.. just reinvented it. The fact its is Note for Note is a tribute...duh...

-Actually, the fact that it's note for note precludes it from being even liberally classified as "reinvented."
But that last one's just an opinion, as is the rest of the post.

...Except for the Brandy and Beer suggestion. THAT'S gospel.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

maybe you should play the two side by side..

do they SOUND remotely familiar? ofc not.. that is what reinvented means..

if you change a single note it's less of a tribute

and no Rolling Stone isnt any more credible than Maxim, but at least they arent taking the stereotypical response of "its popular it must suck" stance to appeal to the manly men audience Maxim caters to...

edit: ah i get it.. you ARE a fan of DJ DM and Cee-Lo and just dont like the way they've done something more commercial this time...

Gnarls Barkely SUX! He's almost as fucking foul as that dickhead James Blunt "You're beautiful". I'd rather chew on a ball of tinfoil than hear that shit!>:(
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Pick up a good hearty lager or ale. (This week I recommend New River Pale Ale)

I just installed a 1/2 barrel keg of Firestone Double Barrel this afternoon. I'm with ya, dog.

Pour into a tall pilsner glass

HERESY!!! You don't put ales in pilsner glasses!:S

Add a shot of mid-high priced Brandy.

Don't do that with good ale!:S

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Meh, i don't mind them so much... and i quite liked the "Gone Daddy Gone" cover.... I haven't listened to the rest of the album much but have used their singles on a couple tandem videos. And the video treatment on the crazy video i REALLY like.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Jen and I went to see The Red Hot Chili Peppers last week in Nashville.

Gnarls Barkely was the opening act. Needless to say, we opted for a steak at Ruth's Chris and skipped the first part of the concert. After a most excellent meal, we walked in during the second song by RHCP (who took the stage rather early at about 9ish).

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Gnarls Barkely SUX! He's almost as fucking foul as that dickhead James Blunt "You're beautiful". I'd rather chew on a ball of tinfoil than hear that shit!>:(

Note to self...bring james blunt the cunt cd and play for bob at dublin Thnaks dude:D:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

-Actually, the fact that it's note for note precludes it from being even liberally classified as "reinvented."
But that last one's just an opinion, as is the rest of the post.

...Except for the Brandy and Beer suggestion. THAT'S gospel.

How did I get involved..........:P
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

i'm a fan of gnarls barkley due to cee-lo being a part of it. i've been a fan of cee-lo since goodie mob and back-in-the-day soul assasins and outkast era. he has always pushed the envelope of what music is and has yet to be pigeon-holed because of that. people want a certain sound nowadays, and if its the slightest different from the norm or its not what they think it SHOULD be, then they close their minds to it.

i didn't even know those songs where remakes or whatever. i just simply thought they were both hot. even now knowing they ARE remakes, i still think they are hot.

i listen to a song for what it is, not what it should be or should sound like or should conform to.
Cookie Firecrotch
"Don't you know who I am!? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!"