karenmeal

I got a ticket!

Last year I got 3 tickets in 2 months--I know but I drive slower now(mostly). But I said NOT GUILTY to all 3 tickets and got court dates for each. So I showed up to court the first two times and the Officer didn't. So I was off scott free on the first two. The third time he did show up and I got the ticket but I talked the judge into reducing it, and since I did traffic school my record is clean. Not bad for 2 month's of reckless driving-lol

Edited to add: NEVER admit guilt even if you know you were speeding/running lights... It will help you in court.
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

Edited to add: NEVER admit guilt even if you know you were speeding/running lights... It will help you in court.

If you know you were speeding you deserve to pay the fine. Why try to get it out of it when you know you did something wrong?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

If you know you were speeding you deserve to pay the fine. Why try to get it out of it when you know you did something wrong?

I didn't go to court..I just paid the ticket........but few months later, a Cop, friend of mine, told me that I should have gone to the court and the cop that pulled me over should have stopped all the 5 cars or none of them.

I just started to speed to pass a car and I was going down hill.......but the 4 others, in front of me, were way faster......but, again.,... I got it b/c I was the last one...

oh well....I still have 3 more points :D
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

check out the attached... we are in the same boat!
except mine was only $80 and i don't get points for it!

Heeeeeyyyyy...I know that ticket!! I've gotten one of those, too. Looks like they've been moving the photo radar vans around town a little bit, eh??!! That's the nice thing about photo radar...they don't issue points for 'em. Total revenue ticket. >:(
Do you ever jump Longmont? Pic kinda' looks familiar. Maybe I've seen you at the tunnel or something.
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

umm..because I didn't want to pay a fine, and pay higher premiums on my insurance since I drive an 06 Mustang..Why pay money when you don't have to?

[rant]
I hate school zones where they just list the times of the lower speed. I'm supposed to read the sign, the times the lower speed applies, take my eyes off the road to check my time, compare the two, and then change my speed? By that time I'm just about through the damn thing. :S

If they're too cheap to put up lights that flash on a timer, they shouldn't bother. >:(

Couldn't agree more!!! F'n BS. But, it is all for the kiddies and their safety. I've been scared more than once by a litte bastage running out from between cars without looking...:o
[/rant]

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Creative little shit... aintchya? :D Used to manage a bunch of young enthusiastic creative I.T. types. ALWAYS dickin with the man. Never told them I thought it was cool.. wanted them to keep it up so it overflowed into their work.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Creative little shit... aintchya? :D Used to manage a bunch of young enthusiastic creative I.T. types. ALWAYS dickin with the man. Never told them I thought it was cool.. wanted them to keep it up so it overflowed into their work.

lol

Ingenuity has no bounds;)

And the reason I was going even a little fast in a school zone....

What state did you get a ticket? In CA we have a nice "trial by declaration" procedure where I won my ticket by mail - without even visiting the court!

Was it "Speed Limit 25" zone, or just a school zone - "Speed limit 25 when children are present"?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

$177.00 ticket for driving at 29 m/hr....only in US..... that's ridiculous!

I'm sorry about that......sucks!

the highest one I got was $288.00...but I was around 90's....just like everybody else......but that day I was the "lucky one" :S

I paid $188 for my last ticket, for going 91 in a 65 zone on the highway. However, I didn't tell the trooper that I was going 120 a couple miles back on the long straightaway. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

umm..because I didn't want to pay a fine, and pay higher premiums on my insurance since I drive an 06 Mustang..Why pay money when you don't have to?

Play to win man. Just cause its the "honorable" thing to do doesn't make it smart. Screw paying tickets. I actually pay mine but I do fight them so they don't show up on my record. I went 3 years w/o getting one then 3 in a 1 month period.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I thought that speed limit was 25... I thought I was going 25-27. My bladder was about to explode. My head was on a constant swivel looking out for kids, there were crossing guards and all other stuff. I felt very safe at the speed that I was at that I was not endangering children.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Was it "Speed Limit 25" zone, or just a school zone - "Speed limit 25 when children are present"?

I'm actually not sure.. I've only been on that particular road a few times (I had pulled off the freeway looking for a pitstop after being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour) and it has always been when children were present.. I thought the speed limit was 25 during school hours. Whoops..

Only time I go on this road is after I've been stuck in traffic for hellacious amounts of time and the morning coffee starts to make it's way thru the system.B| So I guess I'm always in a bit of a hurry on that road..:$ but never intentionally speeding.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I felt very safe at the speed that I was at that I was not endangering children.

How many people do you know of who actually felt unsafe and in fear of endangering children before they hit a kid
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I thought the speed limit was 25 during school hours. Whoops..

This is important. Check the following defence: http://www.helpigotaticket.com/speed/schoolzone.html
and read the vehicle code (or the appropriate law of your state) to see what you are charged with.

So I guess I'm always in a bit of a hurry on that road..:$ but never intentionally speeding.

That's why you got just speeding ticket - if you say that you go over speed limit because you are intentionally speeding, you'd get reckless driving ticket :)
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

How many people do you know of who actually felt unsafe and in fear of endangering children before they hit a kid

My implication was that I was very aware of the children and was thinking about being safe. People who hit kids probably aren't thinking about the kids around them.

My implication was that I was very aware of the children and was thinking about being safe. People who hit kids probably aren't thinking about the kids around them.

Kids sometimes are like wild animals those fuckers just dart in the road sometimes. I though I was safe before I saw the deer in the road
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

So people driving through a school zone, probably are not thinking that there may be kids around,interesting:|

I speed all the time, occassionaly i get busted for it. I make no excuses what so ever.

Also stating that yiu were busting to go to the toilet, would indicate the your attentions were not FULLY focussedd on driving, so speeding and lack of concentration, to me at least, do not equate to safe, non-endangering driving habits.
But that's just me.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?