Mark999

Kit Hire

Just after some info here to help me make my informed decision.

Thinking of doing my AFF at the end of November and was wondering about the costs involved after this. I have budgeted for the course and consolidation jumps and am aware of how much each ait ticket costs but want to know how much kit hire tends to be. Do you hire the kit per jump or per day? I am based in the UK

Just wondered as it will probably be some time before I purchase my own kit.

It will differ, but at my DZ I think it is £8 to hire kit per jump. If you don't have a packing certificate it will cost you another £5 to get it packed.

Kit hire will usually be included in your student jump price, but after that it will probably make sense to get your own second hand kit fairly quickly.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

ObPedantry:

"Kit" is closer to "gear" than "rig". We say "rig" over here when we mean "rig", but "kit hire" when we mean "equipment hire" including jumpsuit, alti, whatever.

Good grief, I just said "we" when I meant "they". I'm going native B|
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

i'll have my A, and be renting in about a month. my DZ charges $25 a jump or $50 for the day. so i'll be doing the day rental and getting in at least 3 jumps to make it worth it economically. plus 1 jump just isn't enough anymore. best of luck on your AFF.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend