Michele

Drinking A LOT is my only answer

He only knows me from my posts (and PMs, too).

True, but you still did it. Nitro and I are very grateful for your help. Not just anybody would have gone to the effort you did to help some stranger and his cat. You cared.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

This too shall pass ...

And WE love you.

That I needed to hear again, Shell. Thank you.

It's just overwhelming at the moment. Know what I mean??

You're cool. Thanks for making sure I know how you - and others (thank you ALL!!) feel. It helps.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

True, but you still did it. Nitro and I are very grateful for your help. Not just anybody would have gone to the effort you did to help some stranger and his cat. You cared.

Yes, I cared. And care. And sometimes, that's my downfall. Caring too much.

But I'll always care about people who love feline fuzzbutts...and do whatever I can to get them through rough spots. You're cool for having a cat like Nitro, and for not giving up on her and taking advice from a stranger and doing all the things I suggested. That's what's cool.

Ciels-
Michele

Yes, I cared. And care. And sometimes, that's my downfall. Caring too much.

People have a huge capacity to turn on others and screw them over, even those who really care. I have never seen that behavior in cats. Maybe that's why I'm "single with cats."

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

This too shall pass ...

And WE love you.

That I needed to hear again, Shell. Thank you.

It's just overwhelming at the moment. Know what I mean??

You're cool. Thanks for making sure I know how you - and others (thank you ALL!!) feel. It helps.

Ciels-
Michele

I know it's overwhelming. And I'm happy you can share your feelings here and deal with all the replies.  

You're "you". And that's the important part. And I wish I were there to tell you that. You as an "on line" person are pretty amazing. And cool. And sweet. And "real".

And I'm really looking forward to meeting you one day. I know I'm not the only only one that hasn't met you that cares about you.

:)
'Shell

I have never seen that behavior in cats. Maybe that's why I'm "single with cats."

Me too. They snuggle, cuddle, and love on me...and as long as dinner is there, there's nothing wrong in their world and they think I'm neat. I love my felines...and they love me.

People can do that to each other - the turning on each other and do grand damage. It's amazing how horrible some people can be. And it's hard to not let it jade you, callous you.

Me? I'm jade green and calloused. Sigh.

Ciels-
Michele

And I'm really looking forward to meeting you one day. I know I'm not the only only one that hasn't met you that cares about you.

:)

I got her drunk on Margaritas . :)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Just so you all know...I've broken out the Starbucks Java Chip ice cream. time for the big guns, you know?

Now you have crossed the line, I'll be right there to help you eat it so that you won't have too much guilt!:):P;)
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

You're welcome here anytime, Mike, you know that. And boy, is this ice cream yummy. I'll get you your own carton, and we can have an ice cream fest while watching Garth Brooks singing "The Dance" (damn you, 'Twardo, that made me cry...).

Ciels-
Michele

(damn you, 'Twardo, that made me cry...).

Not my intent Michele, but it's what I think of when the weight 'seems' to much.

Things don't alway go a hoped or planned, but ya gotta take the shot.

"Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I would have had to miss The Dance..."

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Had a really bad few days...so I'm just going to drink and drink and drink until I can't see straight. Then if I cry myself to sleep again, maybe I won't remember it. When one is betrayed after giving 2 years to someone else, it's sort of hard to take.

Yes, I know this is temporary. No, I can't make any changes to make a difference. And yes, I am doing my best to not slide into a depression.

But fuck, man, sometimes life bitch slaps you hard.[:/]

Skoal! First drink done, 4 more to go...

Ciels-
Michele

Sorry your hurting so much...you are one of my pick me up peoples......so if you need anything let me know...feel free to PM if needed. If not....just keep the water going with the liquor so the hang-over isn't too bad.:S:S:S:S:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I was having a great day until I got a dreadful phone call. I thought about drinking, and drinking A LOT to ease my pain. I have a bottle of Everclear calling my name, but I am thinking the pain killers they gave me for my recent kidney infection will help me sleep better and won't make me sick in the morning...

Drink up girl, and be careful!

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I've managed to misplace my fix-everything-with-a-wave magic wand (along with my winning lottery ticket and my new celebrity crush/future husband's phone number), but here's a bunch of love and hugs from me to you, Michele.

I seem to remember someone making a long drive to show up at the dropzone very much against Doctor's orders after a pretty intrusive surgery. Not tough my ass! ;)
~skysprite

Hang in there, my girls and I send our love.

Shadow sends one of her kneading back massages, with a super-soft purr and lots of kisses. Abby's circling your feet, purring so loud you can't hear yourself, then rolls over onto her back as you reach down.

Again, hang in there.

Hang in ther Michele... life is what it is.. sometimes it can thow a few loops in just for variety...

But I'll always care about people who love feline fuzzbutts

Still not sure about my new kittes name... Fuzzbutt is one of his names for sure.. the other...named after Cardinal Richelieu's cat..Lucifer... since he can be a very evil kittie when attacking the toe and foot monsters under the covers in the middle of the night..

Michele,

I don't post much on here and generally just use it as an escape from work. From what I can tell from your posts, you are an incredibly caring, smart and beautiful person who never has a nasty or judgemental thing to say about anyone (which is rare in this world!) and although this seems to have knocked you on your arse, you will get back up. Sounds like you just need time to reload before you go out again, guns ablazing!

I know this probably doesn't help you much when you are feeling crappy and alone. I know from experience, six months after doing the whole break up thing with the love of my life, I am only now starting to realise that it might be possible for me to be happy again, abeit by myself. Drinking heavily did make me feel better in the short term, mostly because I was drinking with friends, letting them know how bad I was feeling and letting them tell me that this sucks and it is awful and it feels like someone punched my right in the solar plexus. But it did pass, and it will pass for you. The trick is to keep on keeping on until that day.

It sounds from the replies on here that alot of people care an awful lot about you (I count myself among them) and want nothing but the best for you. With all these people behind you, how can you do anything BUT move forward?!

xo
Mary

How's your head this morning?

btw, tough women do cry when life throws shit at them. It's okay to rail at the injustice of it all, drink heavily, throw things at the walls and scream loud enough to cover the pain. For awhile, it's okay.

What makes you a tough woman is that when you're done feeling sorry for yourself you get back up, dust yourself off and get on with it.

Now go get your homework done. Whoever did whatever they did is not worth messing up what's really important to you right now.

WHO'S a tough Girl?!

Not me. Tough girls don't cry like babies when life does a 180. I am.

Sigh.

Plowdirt, congratulations on your sobriety. Well done!

Jim, I'm not going to barf on the cats. If I get sick, I know where the potty is. And if I do it in bed and asperate on it, well, at least I didn't get any on them! (Don't worry, I'm not the barfing kind...).

Midori and 7-up, and Stoli Berry in juice. Yummmmmmy!!!

Ciels-
Michele

Hope you're feeling well today Michele. And I know exactly how you're feeling, been there for a couple of weeks myself. Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am, and I pride myself on NEVER crying, and I've been a complete blubbering baby at the oddest, most random times. So don't be so hard on yourself. As Squeak once told me, it's good for the lacrymel ducts.:)

Good morning, all...

Yes, the sun is up. It's overcast here, but I know the sun is there behind the clouds...kinda like how my mood is right now.

No real hangover - a little bit of a headache, but nothing a cup of coffee, some water, and a regular aspirin won't handle. The vit c and b, and the water, seems to have headed off what could've been something pretty painful.

I'm far less distraught than I was last night. Nothing changed, except the opportunity for a solid sleep and a bit of a pity party. Whatever happens now happens. I can't change anything about anyone else, I can only change or modify how I react/feel to any given situation. That doesn't mean I don't wish the situation were different; just that sometimes, you need to let go and get back to your own life, and make that work despite the hurt, anger, and pain.

Part of that modification is knowing that there are people here who care about me. Strange as that seems, it is something that is important sometimes - to know that I have value to others, and that people honestly do care what I'm feeling and how I'm doing. So to all of those who've taken some time and posted here, or sent me a pm, know that you've made a difference in my mood. And I appreciate it greatly.

Lis, you're right - I have a ton of english to get done today; I have two lab exams coming, so I can definitely get some study time in now to start getting ready. And I'm going to lunch with Dad; that always makes me feel better, and more secure. And my brother and his family are coming in next week; how glorious will that be? If I can get all the studying done this week that I plan on, I can take two days and spend it with them...and that always makes me happy.

So there are good things on the horizon...and with friends like you all, posting and pming from all over the world, reminding me that I am not just tossaway trash...well, see, that helps.

Thank you. Thank you for joining me in my hurt and upset and reaching out and reminding me that I have value to people (some who I have never met!!!), reminding me that I can get through this; reminding me that there is a horizon to see and focus on.

And of course, for everyone sending feline hugs and scritches, I appreciate it greatly. :)
Today will be better. Irrespective of what happens, today will be better.

Ciels-
Michele

Michele

I'm glad your prespective has changed with the rising sun. It's amazing how a deep breath, a hug or two (even if just over the web) and a confidence boost to remind you that you ARE important!

Now enjoy that lunch, hug your kitties and study, study, study... cuz you set a high standard for yourself last semester!! B|