lawrocket

Man, this Cricket World Cup is Interesting...

You've got the British Vice Captain being sacked after a drunken foray in the water after falling out of a pedal boat

You've got the coach of used-to-be-perennial big fish Pakistan suddenly dying after a loss to perennial guppy Ireland - said defeat on the heels of a doping scandal.

You've got India breaking 400 in a WC for the first time, then getting beaten by Bangladesh.

This is some fun stuff. And why on earth are the British upset at guys who drink and party?

I'm telling the Yanks - man, this stuff if fun to keep track of!:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You've got India breaking 400 in a WC for the first time, then getting beaten by Bangladesh.

Other way round;)

And why on earth are the British upset at guys who drink and party?

Yeah, doesn't happen very often does it:P. I think the problem came because it was a day and a half before a must win game and he'd dragged half the squad out to a nightclub with him!

But yeah, the cricket world cup is great fun even if all you do is follow the various political wrangles.:S:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

This might help...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he is out. When they are all out, the side that's been out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

"When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out, he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who are out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

Makes sense now?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

<>

Wash your mouth out lad!!

there is no more boring sport than a 5 day test match
name another team sport more boring.
5 long painful days and it still may be a draw,
5 long boring days of watching grass grow and occassionaly getting walked on
Cricket is BORING
Cricket is BORING
Cricket is BORING
Cricket is BORING

BTW I'm not a huge fan of cricket so my assessment of it may be biased:D:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Curling.

Curling does not take 5 friggin days:D:D:D

Nope, it packs all its boredom into 5 soul-destroying hours!

Its like concentrated boredom, some kind of comic-strip villain uber-boredom, that sort of thing.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You clearly need some professional help and I feel sorry for you.... have you never watched snooker?

Yes Pot Black is Hitchcockian in nature compared to cricket:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Baseball comes pretty close. I have never been to another sport where people seem to spend their whole time calculating statistics. Loads of people seemed to take their own little books to keep score - there's a goddamn scoreboard!!

But you are right. cricket is the worst, and i played it once or twice too. Worse luck!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Curling.

Curling does not take 5 friggin days:D:D:D

Nope. It doesn't take 5 days. It takes NINE!!

And it's much more exciting than cricket.

:P:P

No you silly canadian:ph34r::ph34r: the cricket is 5 days PER MATCH not 5 days for the WHOLE competition. Geez the 5 Dayh Test series seems to take an eternity:D:D:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:P:P

No you silly canadian:ph34r::ph34r: the cricket is 5 days PER MATCH not 5 days for the WHOLE competition. Geez the 5 Dayh Test series seems to take an eternity:D:D:D:D:D

Well pardon me for knowing squat about your game! Jackass ... :P

LORDY! How the hell do they keep ANYTHING straight in a game that lasts that long!!

You win for the most boring ...

:P:D
'Shell

Didn't this year's Iditarod winner complete the race in 9 days? Almost twice as long as that cricket match, but at least there's some honest-to-God action and mortal peril to keep peoples' interest. The length of the game isn't the problem. The nature of the game is the problem. It's even more boring than baseball, and that's saying something.

Matt

At least it's cricket you're into now, and not that silly curling sport.... :P

linz

I'm still into curling. Things have been so busy lately I haven't even had time to telestalk Cassie Johnson - seen here in the hottest photo ever taken.

My wife has Tom Brady as the celebrity crush and I have Cassie Johnson.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Saturday's going to be an excellent day,

Yup! I'll be at the DZ!;)

t

Me too If I"m really Lucky I'll even miss the news report of the days cricketing:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?