sartre

Things I've learned in the last week.

While dogsitting for a friend.

Dogs fart. Constantly. They love to lay near you and silently stink up the room.:o

Dogs' tongues are smooth and they have a lot more slobber than cats do.

The livingroom carpet is a much more delightful place to make doody than the back yard full of grass.

No need to buy tasty treats for dogs. They prefer whatever disgusting crap they can find in your bathroom garbage can.

It is preferable to barf up those disgusting items on the dryclean only bedspread rather than the hardwood floors.

Dogs give a shit about whether or not you are pleased with them. This makes them much more easily manipulated than cats.;)

No matter how annoying they can be, they are far better at watching tv with you than cats. And they'll let you watch whatever you want as long as you'll pet them.
:)

"Dogs' tongues are smooth and they have a lot more slobber than cats do".

That one really bothers me, would you care to elaborate?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Well, for some reason, these dogs just loved to sit and lick lick lick me--arms, hands, legs. Not to mention the dashing up to me, hurling themselves into my arms and trying to french kiss me. Lots of slobber involved in all cases.

My kitties tongues are like sandpaper, and they don't try to lick me very often.

I'm being deliberately literal with this response.;)
:):)

heehee

And if it's someone else's dog that you're babysitting?:D:D

The SPCA is screening your internet traffic
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What I learned about my Airedale today is that when he gets on his beds (he sleeps on three piled one on top of the other), his butt always aims for the center, where he plops it down first and then the rest of his body follows... which always leaves him sprawled out on only half the bed but his head hangs over the edge. Always. I guess dogs (at least mine) don't think ahead. :|
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

Dogs fart. Constantly. They love to lay near you and silently stink up the room.:o

Stealthy my ass... I swear she comes over next to me merely because she has a fart built up and wants to "let 'er rip"

This is true... and more or less the dog is just telling you its hungry... now if you were a good mommy dog you'll regurgitate something for the pup to eat...

The livingroom carpet is a much more delightful place to make doody than the back yard full of grass.

not true... the dog probably told you it needed to go out to take a crap... you just didn't recognize the signals... (assuming the dog is in fact house trained)

No need to buy tasty treats for dogs. They prefer whatever disgusting crap they can find in your bathroom garbage can.

hrm... there is an element of truth to this... this is probably more or less an attention getting behavior... unlike cats most (if not all) dog needs to be mentally and/or physically stimulated... that doesn't mean you let the dog out to "run around in the back yard" that means something that is engaging (like throwing the ball for Karma... its physically demanding since she is running a lot... and it also engages her mind since there a set of actions that must be performed in order to successfully complete the task... occasionally I'll even engage her more by adding requirements (which are practiced regularly...) further complicating the task.

It is preferable to barf up those disgusting items on the dryclean only bedspread rather than the hardwood floors.

Yepers... No doubt about it...

Dogs give a shit about whether or not you are pleased with them. This makes them much more easily manipulated than cats.;)

Oh... I assure you dogs can be very manipulative... especially if they think they have the upper hand...

No matter how annoying they can be, they are far better at watching tv with you than cats. And they'll let you watch whatever you want as long as you'll pet them.
:)

meh... most of the time Karma just keeps to herself while I'm watching TV... I'll sometimes pet her... but... since I'm in charge she does what I tell her.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

What I learned about my Airedale today is that when he gets on his beds (he sleeps on three piled one on top of the other), his butt always aims for the center, where he plops it down first and then the rest of his body follows... which always leaves him sprawled out on only half the bed but his head hangs over the edge. Always. I guess dogs (at least mine) don't think ahead. :|

My Boxer circles ... and circles ... and circles again .... then reverses ... and circles ... and circles ... and circles again. Then lies down. Then gets up, and fluffs the blankies .... and circles ... and circles ... and circles again. THEN lies down and I cover him up and he's out.

He's more cat than dog, to be honest. [:/]

And you're right, the DON'T think ahead.

:D:D
'Shell

rolling on the floor in laughter:D:D:D
The farts really stink after PC has hunted and eaten small animals. When I first got her, she would steal my underwear from the dirty laundry pile and carry them with her. Dogs also love used kotex pads and tampons. They're just like children.

I think some dogs have very strange notions of comfort. Used to own a mildly neurotic shelty named Mike, who I occasionally found sleeping sprawled on top of a pile of kids' toy trucks and robots. Apparently he didn't mind all the hard edges and sharp corners. The one time I woke him and took him to his cushion, he seemed very irritated, so I just let him sleep wherever after that. :S

Matt

This is true... and more or less the dog is just telling you its hungry... now if you were a good mommy dog you'll regurgitate something for the pup to eat... [/guote]

I prefer to think they were telling me how much they love me.:P

***not true... the dog probably told you it needed to go out to take a crap... you just didn't recognize the signals... (assuming the dog is in fact house trained)

Are the signals go outside, play with toys, poop, then come inside, wait til I'm preoccupied, and poop again? :D:D

hrm... there is an element of truth to this... this is probably more or less an attention getting behavior... unlike cats most (if not all) dog needs to be mentally and/or physically stimulated... that doesn't mean you let the dog out to "run around in the back yard" that means something that is engaging (like throwing the ball for Karma... its physically demanding since she is running a lot... and it also engages her mind since there a set of actions that must be performed in order to successfully complete the task... occasionally I'll even engage her more by adding requirements (which are practiced regularly...) further complicating the task.

Oh, heck, I didn't realize playing with the dogs is so much work. I did a lot of throwing the toys and them bringing them back to me. That's as complicated as my mind gets.:S

meh... most of the time Karma just keeps to herself while I'm watching TV... I'll sometimes pet her... but... since I'm in charge she does what I tell her.

Oh. Oops. I definitely was not the one in charge. If they didn't have those cute little beady eyes and their hips didn't wiggle so adorably every time they wagged their tails......

Ok, I am thinking you are meaning tennis rackets and balls.

I'm getting fairly proficient at Squeak.;)

Definition
Traditionally racquets were made of wood. Later on aluminium or other light metals became the material of choice. Now, almost all professional badminton racquets are composed of carbon fiber or 'graphite' composite. Carbon fiber has an excellent strength to weight ratio, is stiff, and gives excellent kinetic energy transfer. However, some low-end models still use steel or aluminum for some or all of the racquet.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sometimes Psychiatrists have more issues then their patients, are more neurotic, and in need of more therapy then them Too! And inflict more trauma on patients then they, alleviate!:o:o Then someone else has to clean up their mess! They also provide plenty of online trails of, evidence, especially when you can see their IP address, & link them even when they change their log-in names!:D:D;):P Which comes in real handy! Particularly, when you realize you've mistakenly given them, the benefit of the doubt and offended, the patient, by doing so, until you realize the patient was right all along, (and you should have let them handle it their way from the start) & the Doc, did their own defense in on line! Fucking Classic!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Dogs snore.

Mine dont! :D

:ph34r:Just ask Lisa how bad Rose snores. Our last backpacking trip, Lisa thought it was me snoring in the tent. Nope, it's Rose bringing down the house!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Dogs snore.

Mine dont! :D

:ph34r:Just ask Lisa how bad Rose snores. Our last backpacking trip, Lisa thought it was me snoring in the tent. Nope, it's Rose bringing down the house!

I didnt hear her when we went...course then again me being deaf in on ear, and normally sleep good ear in pillow...that might be why :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto