Jeffrey

Mirage and magnet riser covers poll

Hi Jeff,

I have a Mirage MX with less than 50 jumps on it. While I love the rig I was consistently having off heading openings and line twists on low speed openings until I started released the riser covers prior to exit. Since then no more issues. I did send an email into Mirage support asking about availability of Magnetic riser cover mods.

Hope this helps your info gathering.
Grant

Hello Jeff, I currently jump a Racer with Velcro riser covers and was considering a Mirage after taking your rig tour online because I really like your design but was really wishing it had the magnetic option.

I say Make it an Option and let the people vote with there wallets but please keep it reasonable;)

Jeff leave the riser covers just as they are. I've never had a hangup on a G3 or my G4. The problem as I see it with some of the spinning malfunctions is a rigging problem of the riggers forgetting to spread the reserve slider grommets apart and not leaving room for the Cypres. This causes a Cypres bulge in to the main container allowing the main bag to turn on deployment as it is caught up on this bulge at the bottom of the reserve container during deployment.

That is just an aesthetic point!
Tee!
Hee!
Long ago, skydivers trusted that riggers would keep them alive, now skydivers insist that riggers make them look pretty!
Tee!
Hee!
Packing so that the Cypres is flush or slightly indented is more of a Cypres durabillity issue. Bulging Cypres is more likely to get damaged during a PLF.
Can modern skydiver seven spell "PLF?"
The dainty, delicate plastic battery box on Cypres 1 is the most likely to get damaged. Back in the mid-1990s - shortly after Cypres was introduced - I sent a whole whack of Cypri back to the factory for repairs to cracked battery boxes.

Hi Grant,

Sorry but unfortunately I will be unable to help you. At the end of Dec. 2006 I left Mirage Systems and returned to UPT the first of Jan 2007. This would account for my lack of presence here on dropezone.com since. I do however monitor the site regularly and may become more involved here again sometime in the near future.

Sincerely

Jeff Johnston

Edited to correct the dates. I must cut back on the multitasking at my age.

Jeff

Hi Grant,

Sorry but unfortunately I will be unable to help you. At the end of Dec. 2007 I left Mirage Systems and returned to UPT the first of Jan 2008. This would account for my lack of presence here on dropezone.com since. I do however monitor the site regularly and may become more involved here again sometime in the near future.

Sincerely

Jeff Johnston

I had my racer modified by jumpshack to their verison of magnetic riser covers. very reasonable price considering they had to replace 3 panels...really happy with them.

If you sit right seat in the plane, is the compass affected by the magnets?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What I really want is for Mirage to either finish their MARD design or pay Bill and start offering the skyhook.

Im with you on that one... I mean really, whats the hold up??

When I called about it a couple months ago, they said they were done testing it but waiting on a possible change to the skyhook so they could adapt the DRX, but that issue was a while ago and only involved a simple mod from what I understand.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message