Icon134

Hobbies...

Here is what I have listed.

Showing horses/3-day eventing, skydiving, snowbording, skiing, flying airplanes, surfing, mountain biking, salsa dancing, kick boxing, platies, yoga, swimming, anything science related, especially earth science, being out on the ocean, lake or, river, laying out in the sun on a tropical beach with a coconut smoothie, traveling, hiking, hanging w/friends, anything outdoors and active
Fly like a girl

That having been said, I'm one of the most disturbingly fair people you'll ever meet, I don't let my opinions get in the way of doing what's right in a given situation.

And yet, ironically, "what's right" is really just an opinion.

True enough, but it's 0320 and I can't be bothered to be more eloquent if that'll get my point across.
cavete terrae.

I used to do this and now I'm getting back into it -

building and battling 1/96 scale model warships.
It's called the magnificent obsession. You spend months building these elaborate models (I built the DKM Graf Spee), outfitting them with compressed air or CO2 bb/ball bearing cannons (depended on what the actual ship carried) and then sailing them around, shooting each other with the purpose of sinking the other.

The ships are built to withstand sinking and can be easily refloated, repaired and re-armed.

If you have an engineering bug in you - it's extremely addictive B|

I am going ot need to know more about this...is there a website? This could be the end of me....Also those familiar with ATlanta...I propose that we all build these things and battle in the fountain infront of NAVA!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

I used to do this and now I'm getting back into it -

building and battling 1/96 scale model warships.
It's called the magnificent obsession. You spend months building these elaborate models (I built the DKM Graf Spee), outfitting them with compressed air or CO2 bb/ball bearing cannons (depended on what the actual ship carried) and then sailing them around, shooting each other with the purpose of sinking the other.

The ships are built to withstand sinking and can be easily refloated, repaired and re-armed.

If you have an engineering bug in you - it's extremely addictive B|

I am going ot need to know more about this...is there a website? This could be the end of me....Also those familiar with ATlanta...I propose that we all build these things and battle in the fountain infront of NAVA!

TONS of websites. Atlanta actually has a very active battle group.

Just do a web search for R/C Warship combat.
I like the history and modelling aspect of it. Some people just like blasting the shit out of them.

Its all good!! B|

I've been designing a functional submarine - LOTS of engineering challenges in that one :S
Scars remind us that the past is real

Is it possible to play with those without shouting, "you sunk my battleship!"? :ph34r:

depends on if you are actually driving a battleship! ;)

There's a guy in New Zealand that has a japanese aircraft carrier that shoots little kamikaze airplanes at the other ships. :D:D:D

Showing horses/3-day eventing, skydiving, snowbording, skiing, flying airplanes, surfing, mountain biking, salsa dancing, kick boxing, platies, yoga, swimming, anything science related, especially earth science, being out on the ocean, lake or, river, laying out in the sun on a tropical beach with a coconut smoothie, traveling, hiking, hanging w/friends, anything outdoors and active

Will you marry me??:$
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Jesus that looks like fun. Is it against the rules to build a plane for dive bombing?
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I have recently become addicted to playing FreeCell on my computer. My neurologist suggested this as it was a good way to stimulate healing in certain areas of the brain. I asked which areas were those, the boring ones?:|

Chris

Flygirl1 The prudent answer is not just no....but HELL NO!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Jesus that looks like fun. Is it against the rules to build a plane for dive bombing?

As long as it is the same scale as the ships on the pond, anything is legal.

three scales are common - 1/144, 1/96 and 1/72 (These things are HUGE!!)

I think we need a new thread just about these warships. This is very cool, I bet its expensive
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Flygirl1 The prudent answer is not just no....but HELL NO!

Why you got to cock block man?!!!!>:(
Skymama's #2 stalker -