davedlg

Snow in Denver

I drove down i 25 th other night , i was the only car on the road and the interstate looked like a damn parking lot with all the abondoned cars, why did i have to be on vacation now instead of just getting the day off anyways;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Might have better luck with renting a car and just driving. The main roads were great this morning, but as of last night, Frontier was refusing to book ANYTHING. Your brother either needs to be there and first in line for stand-by status (iffy at best), or he should consider making it a road trip. Denver to Atlanta takes about 24 hours.

That's exactly what he's doing (kind of). He has to get back to Breckenridge where his car was left at a friend's place and will be driving to Atlanta. He had already driven from Portland to Breckenridge, so the return from Atlanta to Portland will be a long one, but it's better than sitting in the airport for the next 4 or 5 days waiting for a flight. They could have confirmed him on 12/26, but if he confirmed on that flight he wouldn't be eligible for stand-by again until that day, and he would lose the option of a full refund.

Hopefully his little old Saturn with 216,000 miles on it will make it!
Killing threads since 2004.

Well, Kylie and I just got done frolicking in the snow. Not much building a snowman tho, that champagne powder doesn't stick together well.

My car is still at work, so I have to wait for Virgil to pick me up and take me to it. I still have Christmas shopping to finish!!! And the Starbucks is too far away to walk to......

On the other hand, I've got plenty of shows Tivo'ed so I can sit and drink hot choc and watch 'em.

Well, Kylie and I just got done frolicking in the snow. Not much building a snowman tho, that champagne powder doesn't stick together well.

I think that's a piss poor excuse for not bulding me a snowman>:(>:(>:(:(:(:(:(

:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Might have better luck with renting a car and just driving.

That's exactly what he's doing (kind of). He has to get back to Breckenridge where his car was left at a friend's place and will be driving to Atlanta. He had already driven from Portland to Breckenridge, so the return from Atlanta to Portland will be a long one, but it's better than sitting in the airport for the next 4 or 5 days waiting for a flight. They could have confirmed him on 12/26, but if he confirmed on that flight he wouldn't be eligible for stand-by again until that day, and he would lose the option of a full refund.

Hopefully his little old Saturn with 216,000 miles on it will make it!

Good luck! I still think that's a better option than waiting for stand-by to work out.
TPM Sister #102

I think that's a piss poor excuse for not bulding me a snowman>:(>:(>:(:(:(:(:(

Ok, I had to improvise, but here's your damn snowman!! :D:D

Well I worked from 8am Wednesday till 10pm Thursday and was back this AM at 9am and will probably be here till 9 tonight.

Snow Days suck ass!!!!

You've got me beat. I got home yesterday and was dead asleep by 6:30pm. I almost let myself get pressured into being back in this morning, but I decided enough was enough. I had a great day with my kid instead!

Where do you work? PM me if you don't want to broadcast it. You up for some RW coaching in the tunnel any time soon?:)

The Starbucks issue is the real problem. (Call me if you need help getting to your car . . . or just to Starbucks!)

Silly girl, you must know I made it to Starbucks long before your post!! I was tempted to ask them to deliver, since they know me so well there.:D:D

Well I worked from 8am Wednesday till 10pm Thursday and was back this AM at 9am and will probably be here till 9 tonight.

Snow Days suck ass!!!!

You've got me beat. I got home yesterday and was dead asleep by 6:30pm. I almost let myself get pressured into being back in this morning, but I decided enough was enough. I had a great day with my kid instead!

Where do you work? PM me if you don't want to broadcast it. You up for some RW coaching in the tunnel any time soon?:)

Heck yeah I'm up for RW tunnel coaching fun, and I take payment in margaritas and/or starbucks just ask Julie. :D;)

I'm actually at the tunnel now, I just finished up with work for the evening. The question is, how can I put in more hours in one week than I know what to do with and be so far behind. :S
Fly it like you stole it!

Ok, who the heck ordered more snow for Denver?

I've been chopping ice at the end of my driveway all day so I can get my car out, and what just started to fall......more snow. >:(

Now I love snow as much as the next person but my sports car doesn't and I want to go to the grocery store, I need egg nog and junk food.
Fly it like you stole it!

I've been chopping ice at the end of my driveway all day so I can get my car out, and what just started to fall......more snow. >:(

Now I love snow as much as the next person but my sports car doesn't and I want to go to the grocery store, I need egg nog and junk food.

Ya, just what we need, more snow. I was just clearing the last bit of snow from the driveway when it started to come down. >:(

Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been chopping ice at the end of my driveway all day so I can get my car out, and what just started to fall......more snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya, just what we need, more snow. I was just clearing the last bit of snow from the driveway when it started to come down.

Ya gotta love Florida. You can go all summer without actually having to mow your grass if you don't want to.:P

I've got a feeling this is going to be a big one. It's really coming down hard out there.

We're leaving work at noon. United airlines shut down all of their afternoon flights out of DIA. This is going to be a mess.

here...we...go....again....

This is getting old

I've got a feeling this is going to be a big one. It's really coming down hard out there.

We're leaving work at noon. United airlines shut down all of their afternoon flights out of DIA. This is going to be a mess.

here...we...go....again....

This is getting old

I guess now you're complaining? lol
Remster

I guess now you're complaining? lol

I've got enough patience for exactly one of these a year. Besides, last time I didn't have anywhere to go. This time, I am supposed to fly out of DIA tommorow night. I can't even get ahold of United Airlines to change my flight even though the recording when you call "strongly urges" you to change to an eariler flight. >:(

I can't even get ahold of United Airlines to change my flight even though the recording when you call "strongly urges" you to change to an eariler flight. >:(

Maybe you should go out to the airport and try to get onto another flight there at the counter. I think the phones are a lost cause.
TPM Sister #102