davedlg

Snow in Denver

Today the city of Broomfield had two small plows clearing the sidewalk along the greenbelt behind my house. Why do I mention this? Because they still have not cleared damn street in FRONT of my house! There is only one lane open, and most of the street is covered in either two feet on snow, or 4-6 inches of lumpy packed ice.

We got a nice storm a few years ago in which it took the city 3 weeks to get to our street. I kept having to make a path through it with my truck that my ex could follow in her car so she could get to work. When the city finally did show up, they sent a grader instead of a plow. He got stuck in the cul-de-sac across the street from us. Did I mention he had a back-up beeper? Or that it was at 2 AM? Nothing like being woken up by BEEP-BEEP-BEEP....WHIIRRRRRR....BEEP-BEEP-BEEP....WHHHIIIIRRRRRRRR. I went outside and laughed at the poor guy for the half-hour it took another city truck to get there and unstick him. I could have fixed him myself, but I was too busy laughing. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

They do ok here in the 'burbs, but just on the main roads. The sidestreets are very hit or miss. I was sending people to pick up my therapists last week, and they had to hike out of their subdivision to a major road in order to be picked up.

Looks like more of the same.

I'm flying home through Denver on the 7th. Was thinking of changing my route but I don't think they would do it this early.

You'll be fine by the 7th. (unless lightning strikes yet again) I made it out of DIA last night, the whole deicing and waiting for the active runway made me more than an hour late, but I made it.

5" of new snow in my subdivision this morning, on top of the not-yet plowed remainder of the last two storms. Got stuck three times just trying to get out to the main road, which was icy. An hour and twenty minutes later, I made it to the office. *Sigh.* It's fun if you can play in it; not so much if you have to work instead.
TPM Sister #102

I think I'm going to get a snowmobile to get into work from now on. :D

Sheesh! You work for a telecommunications company; Haven't they heard of telecommuting?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nope, they don't like telecommuting, big brother can't make sure you are working.

Well, you could go next door to my company. Hey, we haven't had a RIF for a couple months now! :|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Snow?

In Denver?

Again?

Wow, thats a surprise! :P

yeah, yeah I know, we are in COLORADO ... it's supposed to snow here.

But the little secret that all us Denver people know is that we don't (usually) get much snow in the winter. It's usually warm and sunny all winter. The snow is supposed to be in the mountains for us to ski on, not here for us to drive on. You really learn that most people in Denver have no idea how to drive in the snow after a few snowstorms like this. >:(

damnit guys, could you pleeaze stop hogging all the snow already.

I am waiting for flowers to bloom over here, In Jan B|

High today 50, tomorrow 40. It has been this warm for a couple weeks now :|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

:D

The snow myth is kind of on order with the people who fly into DIA wearing all their Western apparel because they expect horses and a saloon on every corner. As between the two, I'd rather perpetuate the snow myth! We usually like to spread the snowfall around a little bit more. But, yeah, being a mile high means you have to expect some of this stuff once in a while. ;)
TPM Sister #102

Nope, they don't like telecommuting, big brother can't make sure you are working.

Well, you could go next door to my company. Hey, we haven't had a RIF for a couple months now! :|

Actually I've been thinking about next door, wonder if they need a SIP goddess. :D
Fly it like you stole it!

all their Western apparel because they expect horses and a saloon on every corner

Dont pretend... I know too many of you CO type to not know better....

:D

Just cause there is a bar on every corner does not mean they are a saloon, and I like traveling in something that has way more horses than one. :P
Fly it like you stole it!

Dont pretend... I know too many of you CO type to not know better....

oh come on now remi, you've seen me plenty of times, and I thik i was only wearing a cowboy hat once:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

It won't be a problem at all. It quit snowing yesterday afternoon, no new snow, roads are great.:)

I think a few people trying to use US 40 today, might disagree.;)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070107/ap_on_re_us/colorado_avalanche

NO NO NO NO NO.....the forcast for next Thursday and Friday says more snow!!!!

When the heck did I move to Alaska, it doesn't even snow this much in North Dakota. >:(:(

Look at the bright side; All the publicity about the snow should help slow down the influx of Californians. ;)