swedishcelt

good buy wines

I bought a Borsao and a Tisdale the other day on a recommendation. Both were good and comparable to taste to some very expensive wines I've had lately. They were way under ten dollars and when I set the Tisdale Cabernet in a decanter, everyone at the table wanted it over the 20.00 wine I had in the bottle. And the Tisdale was only 3.50!!

Anyone else have anymore excellent wine buy recommendations? :)

I drink Redwood Creek Pinot Noir.

I'm cursed that Pinot Noir is my favorite wine--I know enough about wine to taste the difference between a Merlot, a Cab & a Pinot Noir.

But, I'm a cheap wine, drinker--what can I say?B|

I buy the Redwood Creek b/c you can get a 1.5L bottle for $8.99. And since I go through about two bottles of that a week, plus 2-3 bottles of champagne...even the cheap stuff adds up.:P

So that's what I drink.

If you're entertaining, though Costco is fantastic. I stock up on the well-known good stuff but for a fraction of the price. LOVE Costco.B|

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

It's a $15 bottle of wine that you'd expect to pay $50 for. We discovered it here and bought a case on the spot.

That's still too expensive for my budget!

Cheap wines I buy, all under $8:

Lindeman's Merlot
Little Penguin 2005 Shiraz
Pepperwood 2005 Pinot Noir
Ravenswood Zinfindal
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Anything in a box is a good buy.

Actually, you'd be surprised. I don't buy wines in a box, but once opened, if you don't plan on drinking it all right away, the box will keep it more genuine than a bottle--so long as it's tapped.

Fun fact for the day from your local lush.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

It's a $15 bottle of wine that you'd expect to pay $50 for. We discovered it here and bought a case on the spot.

That's still too expensive for my budget!

Cheap wines I buy, all under $8:

Lindeman's Merlot
Little Penguin 2005 Shiraz
Pepperwood 2005 Pinot Noir
Ravenswood Zinfindal
You forgot Boones Farm. :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Coppola Chard- around 10/bottle
Castle Rock Pinot Noir- about 12/bottle
Root One Cab- around 11/bottle
Porcupine Ridge Sauvignon Blanc- about 11/bottle
MAN Vinters Chenin Blanc- about 7/bottle
"Keltibrook" Merlot- about 16/bottle
Stag's Leap Syrah- about 10/bottle when your local wine store mis-prices it at a tasting :D

and for dessert La Spinetta Moscato d'Asti $15/bottle

I bought a Borsao and a Tisdale the other day on a recommendation. Both were good and comparable to taste to some very expensive wines I've had lately. They were way under ten dollars and when I set the Tisdale Cabernet in a decanter, everyone at the table wanted it over the 20.00 wine I had in the bottle. And the Tisdale was only 3.50!!

Anyone else have anymore excellent wine buy recommendations? :)

By the title, I thought you were going to ride the wagon for a while . . .
:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Something interesting in a white wine: Torrentes by Susanna Balbo on her Crios label. From Argentina and unlike any white I've ever tasted, and I've tasted a lot.

I now decant all my red wines for at least 1/2 hour, it will make a believer out of anyone how much it improves the wine.

madjohn

and for beer: get some Sierra Nevada Big Foot and put it away for a while. One beer columnist recently wrote that the 1999 is expecially good right now.

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Hmmm.. I think I should get Jeff a decanter for his birthday...

A wine that I really enjoy is Concannon Petit Syrah 2003 (I think that is the year). Sometimes it goes on sale and comes into my price range, other times we splurge.

This weekend I had a fabulous pricey wine it was Dead Horse 2004--- fabulous! It was a blend of cab-sav, merlot, cab-blanc and petit verdot. Beautiful. I wish I had an anniversary to celebrate every day!

We're looking forward to enjoying a bottle of straight up petit verdot that we also got this weekend. Jeff and I always enjoy what it adds to a blend, but have never had it pure.

Hmm.. wine. I don't even want to talk about the cheap stuff we normally drink.. I just want to reminisce about the great wine that we've had.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I love decanters. They have some really cool looking ones, I have a gift of a crystal one with a carved inset jade dragon on it. I also have a crystal one carved with celtic knots all around it. They are very beautiful with wines in them. And it opens up the wine nicely too. ;)

I love decanters. They have some really cool looking ones, I have a gift of a crystal one with a carved inset jade dragon on it. I also have a crystal one carved with celtic knots all around it. They are very beautiful with wines in them. And it opens up the wine nicely too. ;)

Ooooh now I want a decanter too :P

Ha! My boyfriend would love a dragon one.

For some reason he likes dragon stuff and I always laugh at him. Dragon paintings around the house, I could not handle. But a dragon wine decanter, that would be funny.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham